Sell Your RCI Stock Now

Today I purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package for our upcoming cruise on LOS in October from Galveston. Total for the two of us was $694 for the 7 night trip. Although my wife does not drink alcohol, she will do a lot of damage to the coffee and coke supply on the ship, and since she will be able use her card for all drinks, she will be able to go and get my drinks when there is no wait staff nearby.

Sell your stock now before word gets out. I'm confident the price will plummet once word of their mistake in judgement gets out. Do the ships re-stock the bars at each port we visit?

JB

Save our stock prices and call them back. Get your wife the Refreshment package and you get the drink package. Not only will it keep our stocks from dropping but you will save a few hundred dollars and your wife can still have all the coffee and coke she wants for lots less a day.

You can do this by phone but not in-line

Save our stock prices and call them back. Get your wife the Refreshment package and you get the drink package. Not only will it keep our stocks from dropping but you will save a few hundred dollars and your wife can still have all the coffee and coke she wants for lots less a day.

This.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

I guess I could have saved about $20 since they would not sell me the individual packages at the discounted rates. Your stock is in danger since I will more than make up that $20 delta (They will lose a ton of $ on me).

Here's the math:

6.5 days

24 hours in a day

2 drinks per hour

$10 average per drink

That's $3,120.00 plus whatever coffee and coke the wife drinks.

JB

I hear you JB! They lose money on us as well. This cruise we are traveling with extended family who also have the package and will get their monies worth.

Now we will wait for the lectures, lol....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you think they will lose money on you, you are exactly the demographic they are looking for, the person who needs lots of alcohol to have a good time. There was a time when the cruise was the draw.

The pricing is at an all time high as well as profits. There is a cost built in to the base price to cover most of the drinks. How else would you explain the drink package was $50 p.p. On the 7 day Caribbean leaving August 18th, that’s $7.14 per day including gratuity. That probably covers their cost.

I would guess that even if you drank top shelf brand spirits 24 hours a day they wouldn't lose money on your drinks packages.

The buying power of Royal for alcohol must be incredible.

I guess I could have saved about $20 since they would not sell me the individual packages at the discounted rates. Your stock is in danger since I will more than make up that $20 delta (They will lose a ton of $ on me).

Here's the math:

6.5 days

24 hours in a day

2 drinks per hour

$10 average per drink

That's $3,120.00 plus whatever coffee and coke the wife drinks.

JB

$694 will buy you 23 liters of Black Label scotch whisky at retail duty free prices (I paid $30/liter for Black Label duty free on my last flight). Royal will pay much less at wholesale duty free prices.

Even if you drink 2 large pegs or 120ml/ hour for 16 hours daily (you need to also sleep, eat, bathe etc in the remaining 8 hours), you will consume only 1920 ml daily. Even assuming you don't pass out, you will manage to consume only 13440 ml in 7 days, nowhere close to 23 litres!

Royal will certainly make money out of you!

Edited by drsel

If you think they will lose money on you, you are exactly the demographic they are looking for, the person who needs lots of alcohol to have a good time. There was a time when the cruise was the draw.

The pricing is at an all time high as well as profits. There is a cost built in to the base price to cover most of the drinks. How else would you explain the drink package was $50 p.p. On the 7 day Caribbean leaving August 18th, that’s $7.14 per day including gratuity. That probably covers their cost.

At $7.14/ day, it's an amazing deal! Please provide more information about this. Thanks

Lol. "Hello strangers on the internet, I plan on drinking 48 drinks a day for 7 days. I am certainly a very cool adult!"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

24 hour drinking is quite common on UK departing short cruises which is why I believe they have stopped selling the drinks packages for them. This is probably more to do with the behaviour it leads to than the cost though.

I don't think it's possible for them to lose money on the Deluxe beverage package.

That sounds like a challenge. :D:D:D:D:DLOL

Has anyone ever tried to smuggle booze off the ship? I'm considering bringing some empty rum-runners with me.

JB

You've got to remember...that $10 drink is only costing them $1.00 at most! They are making money hand over fist on these prices and packages!

The prices are so mark-up...they're not losing a thing!

As others have said I don't think rc will lose any money on your drinking habits since there is such a large markup on it. Yes, they aren't making as much money as if you bought them individually but they certainly aren't "paying you to drink".

I also believe that if there was any possible way that you were costing them that much money they probably would revoke your drink package (I'm betting in the fine print it gives them the power to do that for any reason). But again it would be near impossible to get to that point.

Has anyone ever tried to smuggle booze off the ship? I'm considering bringing some empty rum-runners with me.

Made me laugh out loud that comment :'):')

Its certainly a though I suppose but probably not worth the effort :D

Lol. "Hello strangers on the internet, I plan on drinking 48 drinks a day for 7 days. I am certainly a very cool adult!"

“Hello poster, get off my lawn... I am a crabby adult!”

I also believe that if there was any possible way that you were costing them that much money they probably would revoke your drink package (I'm betting in the fine print it gives them the power to do that for any reason). But again it would be near impossible to get to that point.

I think its possible to get to that point if the quantity you are consuming leads to issues.

We were on Anthem in the UK a few years ago and one particular family were being a nuisance with the drinks packages.

One person was removed at the next port and the captain confiscated the drinks packages of the whole of the remaining family.

Regarding restocking the bars at port: Up until a few years ago, it was very common for the ship to run out of at least one type of alcohol on the gay charters at some point during the cruise. One cruise it was Grey Goose, another it was several brands of gin and on one it was weirdly Jagermeister. When I first started cruising the gay charters in the early 2000s the running joke was that we had to stop at port to restock the bar and the excursions were optional.

“Hello poster, get off my lawn... I am a crabby adult!”

Not crabby at all. I just thought it was funny that he was announcing that he was going to go on a bender of epic proportions. I didn't realize people still did that after they graduated from college.

Not crabby at all. I just thought it was funny that he was announcing that he was going to go on a bender of epic proportions. I didn't realize people still did that after they graduated from college.

Yes we still do it. Especially when we are 55 and finally finishing our MBA in September.

JB

Do the ships re-stock the bars at each port we visit?

JB

No, they do not. So mid-cruise, they will run out things to drink, and therefore will make money off your package. :D

Actually, our last cruise in August, Grandeur sailed with a total of TWO partial bottles of cachaca, the key ingredient for a caipirinha. Which we really like. They ran out about 3 days into a 9 night cruise, and did NOT restock.

I think its possible to get to that point if the quantity you are consuming leads to issues.

We were on Anthem in the UK a few years ago and one particular family were being a nuisance with the drinks packages.

One person was removed at the next port and the captain confiscated the drinks packages of the whole of the remaining family.

Great, now we have a drunk captain. You would think he gets free drinks anyway without having to take others.

JB