What Does 50% off Drink Pkg. Really Mean

I'm confused about the Drink Pkg. for our cruise on Oasis? Says 50% off, so what does that actually mean? It's listed at $45. right now, so what would we be paying for the 2 of us? I know we have to add the 18% tip too. Thanks for any info.

I'm confused about the Drink Pkg. for our cruise on Oasis? Says 50% off, so what does that actually mean? It's listed at $45. right now, so what would we be paying for the 2 of us? I know we have to add the 18% tip too. Thanks for any info.

Royal's "percent off" numbers are meaningless. Ignore them and just look at the bottom line.

The drink packages are off the on board rate. Which is quite high.

But just look at the bottom line. Then decide.

It will be $45+18% per night per person over 21 in the cabin.

Thanks for the info. It's very misleading & almost like it's false advertising! So I guess it does just mean $45. per person plus tip!

Forgot to ask, can I do a fake order to see what my total would be?

Yes, you get a chance to see the total before you enter your credit card info.

It doesn't say 50% off. It says buy one, get one 50% off. That is the same thing as saying 25% off each package. And the initial price is the "on board price", not some previous sale price.

... And the initial price is the "on board price", not some previous sale price.

And we all know the onboard price never varies and RC guarantees that onboard price for that particular cruise.:rolleyes:

Basically it's still the same old BS from Royal.

And we all know the onboard price never varies and RC guarantees that onboard price for that particular cruise.:rolleyes:

All of my current booked cruises are showing "sale" prices that reflect an onboard price of $60.

All of my current booked cruises are showing "sale" prices that reflect an onboard price of $60.

Well, if you happen to remember, let us know what the onboard price is when you are actually on those cruises.

What is even more sweet is that promotional OBC can't go to a before sailing bev package [emoji857]!

What the heck is 30% off if you are adding 16.75% back on! Be real Royal it is 12% off! Stop lying!

Grats. $101.50 dollars

Bev. $64.00 that is a whole day+ for 7dy trp.

Internet 87.50 7 days

This solo is tired of getting creamed on costs/fees!

$165.00 x 6000 people on Oasis! 1 rd trip on Oasis is $990,000

Internet $525,000 now that is factored non suites, and all deluxe pkg.

That is a lot of money in extra fees!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

It's not "false advertising" at all. The on board price is $60 plus 18%. 25% of $60 is $45. So you buy one get one 50% off is 25% off each and the price shown reflects that discount averaged between 2 people. The reason that they don't advertise 25% off is because if someone only buys one, say a solo cruiser, they will not get the discount. If you only buy one plus a soda package for the other person, something that seems possible if you call them, you won't get the discount. So, it's actually NOT false advertising, but accurate advertising.

What is even more sweet is that promotional OBC can't go to a before sailing bev package [emoji857]!

What the heck is 30% off if you are adding 16.75% back on! Be real Royal it is 12% off! Stop lying!

Grats. $101.50 dollars

Bev. $64.00 that is a whole day+ for 7dy trp.

Internet 87.50 7 days

This solo is tired of getting creamed on costs/fees!

$165.00 x 6000 people on Oasis! 1 rd trip on Oasis is $990,000

Internet $525,000 now that is factored non suites, and all deluxe pkg.

That is a lot of money in extra fees!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

Gratuity is not an “extra fee”, it’s a known quantity when purchasing your fare.

Beverage package and internet are not “extra fees” they are OPTIONAL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not "false advertising" at all. The on board price is $60 plus 18%. 25% of $60 is $45. So you buy one get one 50% off is 25% off each and the price shown reflects that discount averaged between 2 people. The reason that they don't advertise 25% off is because if someone only buys one, say a solo cruiser, they will not get the discount. If you only buy one plus a soda package for the other person, something that seems possible if you call them, you won't get the discount. So, it's actually NOT false advertising, but accurate advertising.

Thanks for this info. I do understand, but they need to tell you on their website that it's the price when you book online because if you didn't know what the "on board" cost was, you wouldn't realize that it's higher. I think they just need to word it different.

Also, can you purchase just one drink pkg.(alcohol) ? I thought both people in the cabin had to purchase it.

Thanks for this info. I do understand, but they need to tell you on their website that it's the price when you book online because if you didn't know what the "on board" cost was, you wouldn't realize that it's higher. I think they just need to word it different.

Also, can you purchase just one drink pkg.(alcohol) ? I thought both people in the cabin had to purchase it.

Yes, one can purchase the alcohol package, as long as the other purchases one of the other non-alcoholic drink packages; however, you will need to call an RCI rep or your TA to get this done; can't do on-line.:loudcry:

I personally thought this advertising was a little misleading. I purchased the drink package "not on sale" couple weeks ago..If I purchased the drink package today, with the buy 1 get 2nd half off...i save a whopping $10 per person off a $500 package. doesnt sound like much of a July 4th sale to me. shame on you RCL.

I personally thought this advertising was a little misleading. I purchased the drink package "not on sale" couple weeks ago..If I purchased the drink package today, with the buy 1 get 2nd half off...i save a whopping $10 per person off a $500 package. doesnt sound like much of a July 4th sale to me. shame on you RCL.

Yep, same thing for us! We have a group of 13 cruising this October and paid $50 (on sale) for the Deluxe package and I later noticed it decreased to $47. Thought about re-pricing everyone's package for about a minute but decided that the piddly savings was not enough to try to change everyone's package and, besides that, with all of the IT problems RCI has been having, I didn't want anything else on our reservations messed up!:eek: So, decided to leave well enough alone!;)

We know their dynamic pricing, but for my last 2 cruises the 'regular price' has been consistent at $63 in the planner and $63 on board.

.....The reason that they don't advertise 25% off is because if someone only buys one, say a solo cruiser, they will not get the discount.....

I just went solo on Mariner and got 25% off for myself during BOGO50. I didn't think it would work but it did.

Yep, same thing for us! We have a group of 13 cruising this October and paid $50 (on sale) for the Deluxe package and I later noticed it decreased to $47. Thought about re-pricing everyone's package for about a minute but decided that the piddly savings was not enough to try to change everyone's package and, besides that, with all of the IT problems RCI has been having, I didn't want anything else on our reservations messed up!:eek: So, decided to leave well enough alone!;)

I always say it's not whats off it's whats on!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

100% agree. I did the same..which is NOTHING. website only works half the time..not worth the hassle if there is a problem cancelling and rebooking.