? Pls. Re: UpFee Restaurants on Oasis

I've scheduled (3 so far) restaurants on our cruise that are upfee. Giovannis, 150 Park and First Nite Done Right (not sure where we will end up).

I'm confused about how we order. Are we able to try several things or is it similar to how Prix Fixe menu works in a nice restaurant where you order an app, salad, entree and dessert for a set price?. Hubs wants to know how they REALLY feel about you when ordering 2 appetizers and 2 desserts LOL!..

Lastly I am bringing (2) special bottles of champagne on the ship to have for dinners. I understand there is a $15 corkage fee. I wondered the best way to get these bottles chilled ahead of time for us and brought to our table in a nice ice bucket when we arrive for dinner. Would we just drop them off at the restaurant ahead of time? Would this be something that is appropriate to ask our room steward for assistance with? :champagne-toast::bottle-pop::champagne-toast:

Thank you so much everyone! I love this site.

I've scheduled (3 so far) restaurants on our cruise that are upfee. Giovannis, 150 Park and First Nite Done Right (not sure where we will end up).

I'm confused about how we order. Are we able to try several things or is it similar to how Prix Fixe menu works in a nice restaurant where you order an app, salad, entree and dessert for a set price?. Hubs wants to know how they REALLY feel about you when ordering 2 appetizers and 2 desserts LOL!..

Lastly I am bringing (2) special bottles of champagne on the ship to have for dinners. I understand there is a $15 corkage fee. I wondered the best way to get these bottles chilled ahead of time for us and brought to our table in a nice ice bucket when we arrive for dinner. Would we just drop them off at the restaurant ahead of time? Would this be something that is appropriate to ask our room steward for assistance with? :champagne-toast::bottle-pop::champagne-toast:

Thank you so much everyone! I love this site.

I drop off bottles ALL THE TIME in the restaurants, both MDR and specialty.

They will label it, but I am vaguely paranoid and take a Sharpie with me and write my cabin number on the bottle before dropping it off.

They will label it, but I am vaguely paranoid and take a Sharpie with me and write my cabin number on the bottle before dropping it off.

EXCELLENT idea. Thank you!

Silly question..and maybe just us as we're not huge drinkers...but if you have dinner at specialty restaurant and bring bottle of wine, will they send it to MDR for next night if not finished?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Silly question..and maybe just us as we're not huge drinkers...but if you have dinner at specialty restaurant and bring bottle of wine, will they send it to MDR for next night if not finished?

Well, you could ask for that, and it might actually work. I would not do that to avoid wasting time by the MDR staff searching for the bottle next time. I'd just take it with me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yes, and vice versa. Maybe I just live right, but mine has never been (permanently) lost. ;)

I would be also. More then once I've had table mates or people at next table loose their bottle, and wasn't a Brand Royal carried...