Harmony and Oasis First time Pinnacles.

Have to say we are Diamond and were treated very well on Harmony and on Anthem. We just sailed Celebrity as Elite and they also couldn’t have been nicer to us. The crew was always willing to make sure we were having great cruises. We try to be pleasant to everyone and I think that helps[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have one question for the 'naysayers" here. The real problem as I stated before was the "the total lack of information" from the Suite/Pinnacle concierges. Plus the way the guard talked.

If you were put in the same situation. The man tells you you have to go back to the ship to get a wristband.

How would you have handled it?

I have one question for the 'naysayers" here. The real problem as I stated before was the "the total lack of information" from the Suite/Pinnacle concierges. Plus the way the guard talked.

If you were put in the same situation. The man tells you you have to go back to the ship to get a wristband.

Probably not throw a fit in the suite lounge and certainly not email Mr Bayley.

If you have sailed enough to make pinnacle.. then I would imagine you have had both good and some bad experiences.

As well traveled as you appear to be, I would think you could be a little more proactive in sorting out your issues as opposed to

making a spectacle of yourself as your fellow cruiser stated you did.

Now... I was not there , but I have (first hand) witnessed PInnacle member making fools of themselves in the suite lounge on the oasis and the allure so I do believe more than I dont believe the other posters account. Let it go... Stop whining. Move on.

You should have received the wrist bands prior to leaving the ship. When you didn't receive them, you should have gone to the concierge and gotten the wrist bands yourself. The guard can't just let anyone into the area, there is a procedure for a reason. Leaving a secure area without either of the two things needed to get into that area, sea pass and wrist band, was not a good choice.

You can put all the blame on others but you also need to take responsibility for your own actions.

You should have received the wrist bands prior to leaving the ship. When you didn't receive them, you should have gone to the concierge and gotten the wrist bands yourself. The guard can't just let anyone into the area, there is a procedure for a reason. Leaving a secure area without either of the two things needed to get into that area, sea pass and wrist band, was not a good choice.

You can put all the blame on others but you also need to take responsibility for your own actions.

I don't really want to sound harsh here. But have you read the entire thread?

How were we to know we needed wrist bands? I'm not very good at telepathy.

This was our first time in Labadee that we were able to go to Barefoot Beach.

Dont worry ... you don't sound harsh at all. You sound Entitled. (which is actually worse)

Although I am just a lowly Diamond plus. When I saiL on the oasis class ships, I always introduce myself to the concierges in the lounges. I have never had any issues with communications. but if you were acting as others have claimed I am sure Pinnacle mural painted on your shirt or not... you probably would not have listened.

It seems you are in 5TH stage of the 6 step pinnacle problem solving program

1. tell everyone around that you are pinnacle even if they are toddlers

2. complain as loudly as you can

3. get really mad

4. acutally do nothing about it while you are on board just let the anger stew

5. Post on cruise critic to further make yourself look bad (and find a few sympathetic soles who might side with you)

6. OF COURSE EMAIL MR. BAYLEY. OMG MR BAYLEY OMG

LOL

• Like 1

I have read the entire thread and was not going to respond as I have seen your posts.:rolleyes:

Research would have told you that wrist bands were needed. A quick call to the concierge would have answered any of your questions. Read posts on Cruise Critic about access to that beach. Lots of way to know the information without being telepathic.

Dont worry ... you don't sound harsh at all. You sound Entitled. (which is actually worse)

Although I am just a lowly Diamond plus. When I saiL on the oasis class ships, I always introduce myself to the concierges in the lounges. I have never had any issues with communications. but if you were acting as others have claimed I am sure Pinnacle mural painted on your shirt or not... you probably would not have listened.

3. get really mad

5. Post on cruise critic to further make yourself look bad (and find a few sympathetic soles who might side with you)

LOL

Every Pinnacle was once a "LOWLY" diamond plus. Or do they just skip from gold to pinnacle?

We happen to know the diamond concierge Beatrice very well. She has always been excellent at her job. When we told her about what had happened, she had stated that the suite/pinnacle concierge was getting off soon. And that his mind might have been somewhere else. We don't go to the suite lounge at all. Should we have gone up to tell them "we are here"? That to me would describe the type of pinnacle you are referring to.

Next cruise on the Oasis, we will make sure they know we are there.

Should we have gone up to tell them "we are here"? That to me would describe the type of pinnacle you are referring to.

Hmmmmm…..Look familiar? I believe this describes it.

3. get really mad

LOL

OMG! I literally almost spit out my drink lol.....especially to number 6 haha!

But to answer the OP question about how I would handle it.....I probably would have CALMLY talked to the guard and explained what was going on and why I didn't have my pass. If he still said no and got agitated like OP stated, I would probably have waited until I saw another guest that was entering and ask them politely if they could grab my spouse for me..(99% of fellow cruisers dont mind helping out example: taking pics and in this case maybe taking 20 extra steps).....simple as that. In situations like that you always have to think outside of the box.......on a side note, you were technically already told of the process....when boarding, leaving and while onboard, you were already told to ALWAYS have your seapass on you at all times whether on the ship or on an island, so I don't see how this was any different.....if you can't carry it on you because of a bathing suit type....wear it on a lanyard then. Take responsibility

OMG! I literally almost spit out my drink lol.....especially to number 6 haha!

But to answer the OP question about how I would handle it.....I probably would have CALMLY talked to the guard and explained what was going on and why I didn't have my pass. If he still said no and got agitated like OP stated, I would probably have waited until I saw another guest that was entering and ask them politely if they could grab my spouse for me..(99% of fellow cruisers dont mind helping out example: taking pics and in this case maybe taking 20 extra steps).....simple as that. In situations like that you always have to think outside of the box.......on a side note, you were technically already told of the process....when boarding, leaving and while onboard, you were already told to ALWAYS have your seapass on you at all times whether on the ship or on an island, so I don't see how this was any different.....if you can't carry it on you because of a bathing suit type....wear it on a lanyard then. Take responsibility

Agree. (y):)

Vinegar and honey. ;)

On a side note, I really am not that impressed with Barefoot Beach. The beach is not that nice with a big drop off, not a fan of the cloudy water, and I can get much better lunch in CK (on the uncrowded ship) wine/beer included. ;) We get our morning walk in, plus walk into Barefoot Beach to check things out, and then simply walk back out to go back to the ship.

I think you were exposed to the difference between being on a ship that usually has just a few Pinnacles onboard versus one that has quite a few on board most cruises. I also think that you were a victim of not being on the Suites lounge concierge’s list. The Suites concierges on the Oasis are fantastic. They bend over backwards to make their guests have the best cruise possible. They just did not know you were there. Between Suites guests and Pinnacles they are usually very busy. Just stop at their desk on embarkation day and introduce yourselves. Your Barefoot Beach wristbands should be in the envelope from the concierges in your cabin on day one. If not, stop by their desk and request you be put on their list for disembarkation day and get your wristbands. Enjoy the experience of being a Pinnacle, you earned it.

I think you were exposed to the difference between being on a ship that usually has just a few Pinnacles onboard versus one that has quite a few on board most cruises. I also think that you were a victim of not being on the Suites lounge concierge’s list. The Suites concierges on the Oasis are fantastic. They bend over backwards to make their guests have the best cruise possible. They just did not know you were there. Between Suites guests and Pinnacles they are usually very busy. Just stop at their desk on embarkation day and introduce yourselves. Your Barefoot Beach wristbands should be in the envelope from the concierges in your cabin on day one. If not, stop by their desk and request you be put on their list for disembarkation day and get your wristbands. Enjoy the experience of being a Pinnacle, you earned it.

Thanks Bob. Now we know about the wrist bands. The learned after the cruise that there was a problem with that list. Even a cruiser with over 3000 points did not receive anything in their room (Labadee and disembarking) the whole trip. But they knew the in's and out's. So they didn't need them.

I'm disappointed about the fact that the moderators here allowed another poster to viciously attack my wife and I with outright lies. And with the attacks about wearing the badge. Someone told us a short time ago to "wear it all you want". Because "it is the most expensive piece of jewelry you'll ever have".

I have always tried to support the Meet and Mingles even though we don't usually get up that early. That with cease from now on.

Leaving Barefoot Beach without a seapass was a mistake on your wife's part. Not the end of the world and the guard was doing his job. You're in Haiti - not the US - gentle customer service is not their strong suit. Chalk it up to experience and let it go. It was resolved. I'm another one who finds the constant "I'm telling/emailing Michael Bayley posts" embarrassing and trivial. He's running a multi million dollar corporation.

My one experience on Oasis class showed a vast difference in the personal service the concierges can provide. They were always at their desk and never circulated. If I had a question or a request, I went to them. I never expected them to come to me. As a new Pinnacle, you are not new to cruising and could have been a little more proactive on your end. A small glitch is really not worth making into high drama.

Leaving Barefoot Beach without a seapass was a mistake on your wife's part. Not the end of the world and the guard was doing his job. You're in Haiti - not the US - gentle customer service is not their strong suit. Chalk it up to experience and let it go. It was resolved. I'm another one who finds the constant "I'm telling/emailing Michael Bayley posts" embarrassing and trivial. He's running a multi million dollar corporation.

My one experience on Oasis class showed a vast difference in the personal service the concierges can provide. They were always at their desk and never circulated. If I had a question or a request, I went to them. I never expected them to come to me. As a new Pinnacle, you are not new to cruising and could have been a little more proactive on your end. A small glitch is really not worth making into high drama.

Now that we know about it. It is not any big deal. As far as my wife not having her seapass goes she went out the gate across the street to the bathroom. The guard let her out of the gate. In a couple of minutes she came back and he didn't want to let her back in. We have our seapass's on lanyards. But when we went into the water we took them off. The main reason my wife was upset was when the guard let her out he could/should have told her she did not have the wrist ban on. Then when he told her to go back to the ship and get a wrist band, knowing she did not have her seapass. You can understand why she was upset. It was 2 o'clock then and going back to the ship WITHOUT a seapass would be at least an hour. All the while her seapass and I were 200 feet away.

I guess I'm going to have to start a thread to tell people to keep your seapass on you at all times.

When you are using the bathroom, taking a shower, getting frisky in the room etc. LOL

I do understand :). I also know to take the seapass with me when leaving through ANY gated entry because there could always be a different guard when I come back. Bottom line, it was a learning experience and while it was probably a stressful 15 minutes or so, in the grand scheme of a cruise, everything was resolved.

I do understand :). I also know to take the seapass with me when leaving through ANY gated entry because there could always be a different guard when I come back. Bottom line, it was a learning experience and while it was probably a stressful 15 minutes or so, in the grand scheme of a cruise, everything was resolved.

^ +1.

On formal nights, I am wearing a dress without pockets. I detest lanyards and

won't carry a purse...so DH carries my sea pass card. When I have to get up to

use the restroom while enjoying cocktails in the lounge, I ask him for my seapass card he keeps in his tux pocket that I take with me. I need that to open the door on the way back in.

This whole thread reminds me of something that the wife and I witnessed just a few short months ago.

We were having a lovely dinner at a very expensive restaurant...best chicken Milanese this side of the bay.. when the couple at the two-top right next to us began berating the waiter for giving them an undercooked filet. Well apparently, the waiter was not wearing any socks at the time, so all hell broke loose.

Ruined our entire meal.

Just a dumb question, but if she said her seapass was inside the barefoot area, how was she supposed to get back on the ship to get her wristband????

Sure the guy at the gate could have been better, so could the Con, but maybe some responsibility lies with DW for not having her card after knowing that was a 2nd level requirement after not having the wristband?

I know it’s a beach, and she was just going to go pee, but walking around any foreign country with nothing but a [emoji160]... Not sure there is a level where that is very smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree. (y):)

Vinegar and honey. ;)

On a side note, I really am not that impressed with Barefoot Beach. The beach is not that nice with a big drop off, not a fan of the cloudy water, and I can get much better lunch in CK (on the uncrowded ship) wine/beer included. ;) We get our morning walk in, plus walk into Barefoot Beach to check things out, and then simply walk back out to go back to the ship.

You forgot about all the rocks until you get 6 feet into the water!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I will say that the 2 concierges we have met on our last oasis cruise were very good. It was lyli and frederico if I remember. We were on for a b2b and they worked hard as a team and knew suite guests and pinnacles. Hard to see them dropping the ball like that. I take it was neither of them?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your birthday next week!

So you will have your hands busy with remodeling and bella.

Will be doing universal horror nights and of course a cruise on allure oct 21. Will be in orlando oct 17-21 then for another few nights from 28-30. No disney this time but halloween horror nights has been our annual tradition for the past 5 years. I see there are a few launches scheduled for oct, but no specific dates yet. Would love to see another launch from shepard park and have breakfast at sunrise diner. A heavy falcon, atlas or delta heavy launch would be neat to see.

Laura is going in October. I'm doing more remodeling.

Disney or another cruise. I think SpaceX is launching a Falcon Heavy next week for my birthday

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

You bring up a good point here. As pinnacles, we need to be careful of rushing to Michael Bayley for everything. This only diminishes us further and further. I can tell you right now it is a constant struggle onboard ships to keep pinnacles happy. I for one am sorry for your experience, but also am happy the rules are being enforced that preserve the exclusivity of the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed the more you complain the less you receive.