How Many Days After Sailing Do CC Charges Post?

syesmar

Hi,

I am curious from recent passengers (in particular, Zaandam), how long after sailing do Credit Card charges post? From looking at a past statement, I know the technical "date" is the date the sailing ends, but I do not remember how many days they took to close and post? I have a couple of card bonuses and want to make sure they post for a statement date. ;)

THANKS and Happy Sailing! :)

Hi,

I am curious from recent passengers (in particular, Zaandam), how long after sailing do Credit Card charges post? From looking at a past statement, I know the technical "date" is the date the sailing ends, but I do not remember how many days they took to close and post? I have a couple of card bonuses and want to make sure they post for a statement date. ;)

THANKS and Happy Sailing! :)

I wasn't on the Zaandam, Prinsendam, but, our charges came through to our card within a couple of business days after the cruise.

The credit card hold ($60 per day for cruises 25 days and less, $30 per day for cruises 26 days and up) will hit your card usually 24 hours after sailing. With my cards (both Visa), the authorization hold drops off the card in 3 - 5 days. At the cruise end, I usually see the final cabin folio total hit my card within 3 business days.

• 2 months later...

I just realized I didn’t report back after my cruise, I made the post day before we left:)

The cruise ended on the 13th. One of my bonus cards closed its statement cycle on the 14th end of day (I had already met that month’s bonus). Based on the feedback from here, I went ahead and put my stateroom charges on that card, hoping that the HAL charges would not post/close until the next statement so I could maximize my bonuses. It worked out that way, as the HAL charges, while immediately pending, did not post/close until end of day the 15th. YMMV.

Thanks again so much for the advice and feedback! :)

Edited by syesmar
spacing