How’s the bread basket?

AllisonJames

I just read someone’s comments on Seabourn’s breadsticks (which we agree are the best we’ve ever had) and it reminded me of a shortcoming on our Journey cruise last year — the bread basket at dinner was extremely underwhelming...my husband loves bread so this was a disappointment. The bread was small thin slices kind of a little like wonder bread. No dinner rolls, no breadsticks, no selection of different kinds of breads like on other lines. I know someone will say we should have logged a complaint but honestly we just laughed and wondered if the “wonder” bread was the usual bread offering or if there was some kind of problem that cruise — It was there every night! Can anyone provide any insight and also let us know if there’s been improvement. All the other food was good!

I sailed on the Journey in May. There was a much larger variety of breads than you described, with 3-4 choices per night and breadsticks. However, I too love good bread and was a little disappointed with the quality. The bread is my least favorite thing about Azamara. Sorry I don’t have better news to report!

Have spent more than a year on Azamara ships and have never seen anything resembling Wonder bread in any dining venue.

I have no idea what wonder bread is but Azamaras bread is certainly not wonderful.

Never had a bread basket with just white sliced bread on Azamara. A couple of weeks ago on Quest the bread basket had sticks, bread buns & baguette slices. In the speciality restaurants the bread basket had a wide variety of bread including focaccia with pesto in it, lovely dark brown slices, various bread buns. There was a good selection of bread in Windows (buffet) too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For me the bread served with dinner in the MDR is fine. A selection of bread and rolls and bread sticks. Different selection in the Specialty restaurant including focaccia. I really like the warm bread they serve at The Patio. Personally I try to avoid filling up on too much bread anyway.

Phil

We have always had a good selection of breads in the MDR. We have never had less than a choice of three.

The advisor is particularly fond of the brown malt bread which comes is a mini rectangular loaf shape. It's reminiscent of a malt bread you can only get in Ireland called 'Veda'.

Our last Az cruise was 18 nights and I avoided bread for the first seven days then my willpower gave up :evilsmile:

I would describe the bread basket in the MDR as adequate. But that's because when I first started sailing Azamara it was sensational and far superior to what is now being served in the specialities. A friend loved the raisin bread so much she requested it every morning at breakfast. And of course Azamara being Azamara they found her some every day.

On a more positive note I thought the food in the MDR last month on Quest was significantly better than on my cruise on Journey in October

I would describe the bread basket in the MDR as adequate. But that's because when I first started sailing Azamara it was sensational and far superior to what is now being served in the specialities. A friend loved the raisin bread so much she requested it every morning at breakfast. And of course Azamara being Azamara they found her some every day.

On a more positive note I thought the food in the MDR last month on Quest was significantly better than on my cruise on Journey in October

I agree with the above, in the earlier days of Azamara the bread was wonderful, sadly no more, adequate is a good description now.

In our two cruises (2017 and 2018) the bread basket was disappointing. Which was good for me, actually, because I didn't need those calories. :) I was happy to not be missing out on anything good.

I just read someone’s comments on Seabourn’s breadsticks (which we agree are the best we’ve ever had)...

Absolutely the best breadsticks ever! They gained me 2 kilos of weight earlier this year [emoji50]🤣