A/C Question

PanamaJack1

I have seen a lot of complaints about this on the board here. I have experienced it myself on Fantasy last week.

It was the reason we went 5 years without cruising. It was the same a Hot cabin.

Was wondering if it's a Carnival thing or a ship thing?

I've only been on Carnival so I don't know.

Are you asking if all the ships' cabins are hot? No, they're not hot. Did you adjust the air flow in your cabin on the Fantasy?

Yes we adjusted it but nothing worked.

I do know that all of them are not hot. I have tried front mid and the back cabins same result. That's when we stopped going.

Had a celebration to go on last week, so we went. First in 5 years.

My question is do other cruise lines passengers complain of it too...

It happens on many ships and all lines. The typical cause is someone on you A/C circuit leaving a balcony door open, which turns off the A/C system in that block.

Did you ask for maintenance to look at it? What was the result if you did? If you didn't, why not?

It happens on many ships and all lines. The typical cause is someone on you A/C circuit leaving a balcony door open, which turns off the A/C system in that block.

Did you ask for maintenance to look at it? What was the result if you did? If you didn't, why not?

Our neighbors next door and down the hall complained enough. They were told in the end it was working. I just upped the beer consumption so I could sleep. :)

We met others from around the ship same complaint.

Last year on the Ecstasy our cabin stayed pretty chilly, but on the Miracle back in May, our cabin was kinda warm to us. One was an Oceanview and the other a Balcony, I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Pretty sure Fantasy does not have any balcony cabins unless you book a suite.

The only cruise line I've had the hot cabin was on Carnival. Called maintenance twice and both times they came and said the temperature was within their acceptable range.

Woke up first 2 nights covered in sweat.

They finally gave us a fan.

Bill

When we stayed on the Inspiration, our room was fine; however, last year on the Magic our room was really warm. We had them give us a fan last year, but it was a huge box fan which even on low blew everything everywhere. This year we stopped at a Walmart before we got on the ship and bought this fan:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-9-Personal-3-Speed-Fan-Model-MBF-918-Black/48947418

Best $10 we spent. It was also small enough we managed to fit in in our luggage to bring home. Where it really gets warm for us is when we are getting ready for dinner With both showers going, then my hair dryer, the humidity kicks up, and we fall apart. We are from Vegas though where it is a wonderful 115 degree DRY heat LOL.

Pretty sure Fantasy does not have any balcony cabins unless you book a suite.

The only cruise line I've had the hot cabin was on Carnival. Called maintenance twice and both times they came and said the temperature was within their acceptable range.

Woke up first 2 nights covered in sweat.

They finally gave us a fan.

Bill

Hi there

I have never had a cabin that I would consider "hot" (inside, OV, or balcony, on any cruise line). In fact when the cooling is working, I find myself turning it to a slightly warmer setting. Very often I notice it is the cabin steward who is turning it cooler.

What I was wondering, is what temperature was your cabin? What did they say was the "acceptable range"?

thanks

The temp in our cabin on the Glory was too hot. After 2 days of complaining, they adjusted it. But, they adjusted it too much and we froze the rest of the cruise. Oh, well. Be careful of what you ask for...

Hi there

I have never had a cabin that I would consider "hot" (inside, OV, or balcony, on any cruise line). In fact when the cooling is working, I find myself turning it to a slightly warmer setting. Very often I notice it is the cabin steward who is turning it cooler.

What I was wondering, is what temperature was your cabin? What did they say was the "acceptable range"?

thanks

I can't remember now but it was hot. I do remember people advising me to keep my curtains drawn during the day to block out the sun but I was in an inside cabin. lol

We slept with just the sheet on and still woke up sweating. The fan made it much more easy to sleep, thankfully.

Bill

On another thread a guy was complaining about their room being to hot. Then after 3 pages of replies, he said he keeps his house at 68 in the summer, and his cabin was only 72F. That really isn't hot. So post your room temp, post what you want it to be, and is it reasonable?

i have discovered that the Fantasy class ships with the blast A/C seem to have the coolest cabins. On the Glory and Freedom, our cabin was in the upper 70's at night, which was VERY warm for our liking when trying to sleep. Both cruise, maintenance seemed to think that was acceptable. But only our cabin was the warm. The public in areas in the ship were much cooler and more comfortable.

i have discovered that the Fantasy class ships with the blast A/C seem to have the coolest cabins. On the Glory and Freedom, our cabin was in the upper 70's at night, which was VERY warm for our liking when trying to sleep. Both cruise, maintenance seemed to think that was acceptable. But only our cabin was the warm. The public in areas in the ship were much cooler and more comfortable.

Well, that probably explains it then, most of my previous cruises have been on Fantasy-class and always had a cold cabin on them, so I was surprised when our cabin was kinda warmer than we like on the Miracle.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me how the A/C was on the Sunshine? More specifically the cabins on deck 5?