Elite Laundry

llou85

Make sure that any laundry send out is in your first & last name, not his or just a shared last name otherwise it will or could be charged against his folio. Happened to us. A trip to guest services will resolve it, but if you do it correctly the first time no worries.

The free laundry is just for Elites, not their traveling companions. Abuse of the perk is one reason that it can sometimes take a long time to get back laundry.

In reference to my above post #5....I did send only obvious "female" laundry in under our shared last name & room number...and they charged my DH's folio.......so the cruise line agrees with you...however, I wish they would have looked to see if his cabin companion was elite rather than billing his acct.

Tip: take a photo of all laundry and laundry slip....and don't send anything of value..just like laundries at home items get damaged and lost...

In reference to my above post #5....I did send only obvious "female" laundry in under our shared last name & room number...and they charged my DH's folio.......so the cruise line agrees with you...however, I wish they would have looked to see if his cabin companion was elite rather than billing his acct.

Tip: take a photo of all laundry and laundry slip....and don't send anything of value..just like laundries at home items get damaged and lost...

Agree with taking the pic. We did so on our 28 day South Pacific this past April. I had a claim for over $300. They lost an entire bag of underwear. Now who wants someone else underwear? Lost a brand new $75 pair of my slacks. I wore them 1 time on the ship and dripped salad dressing on them so sent them in. Then both ours and our friends next door came back with ink all over our t-shirts. I had 5 t-shirts ruined. I mean ink all over. So to claim you go to passenger services and fill out the damage/lost form and wait for someone to sign it. Then you send it in with proof of damage or pictures of what you sent, etc. They were very fast at replying and sending a check. It was all settled within 3 weeks of arriving home.

I would rather have my clothes back though.

It was taking 4 days since over half the ship was Elite.

Next cruise I am sending at least every other day a smaller amount so if lost it won't be such a great loss.

They told me they had over 2,000 pieces of unidentified laundry from the last cruise and our cruise. I asked if we could go look at it and they said no we can't go down there. I asked if they could towards end of cruise bring it up to a dining room and let everyone that turned in a lost slip go look at it. I bet that would have saved some claims, etc.

I wonder what they do with all of the lost laundry?

Going on my first cruise as Elite. My husband isn't Elite yet. Is the free laundry just me or my husband too?

Thanks

Just put your name on them, no problem. On the CB a couple of weeks ago, they gave us a note that said "due to demand, we must have all laundry 2 full days before the end of the cruise to get them back to you".

The free laundry is just for Elites, not their traveling companions. Abuse of the perk is one reason that it can sometimes take a long time to get back laundry.

Using that logic, it takes longer to launder Elite clothing than it does for the clothing that people pay for. ;p

Using that logic, it takes longer to launder Elite clothing than it does for the clothing that people pay for. ;p

Not so, but the more laundry there is to be done, the longer it takes. If each Elite sends only their own laundry, there should be less sent than if they sent their own plus their room mate who is not elite, plus that of the kids in the cabin next door. Yes, it happens. SO, instead of having the laundry of the one person who has earned the perk, the laundry room gets stuff belonging to two or 4 people. If even half of the elites on board send more than their own items, you have significantly increased the laundry load.

And if paying for laundry, a passenger can opt for faster service at a higher cost; this would then "bump" the elite laundry if space was needed for the higher priced paid stuff.

It is a perk for those who have earned it. The more people allow others to "use" their perk, the longer it will take for laundry to come back...and the more likely that Princess might choose to discontinue this benefit.

Another laundry question- If I send my formal night dress to be pressed before dinner on the first night am I likely to get it back before dinner on the second night? (I am Elite)

Probably yes, but it may be easier to press it yourself. Irons are free in the laundry room.

Another laundry question- If I send my formal night dress to be pressed before dinner on the first night am I likely to get it back before dinner on the second night? (I am Elite)

Agree--probably, but.....there are some variables. People on a cruisetour often board the ship with a bunch of laundry that will be sent out on the first day. Also, people in suites take priority over elites in terms of turn around time. So, an Alaskan cruise may find the laundry people being more busy. If you want to be sure that it is done, do it yourself. If you want to chance it, give it to your steward as soon as possible after boarding.

Not so' date=' but the more laundry there is to be done, the longer it takes. If each Elite sends only their own laundry, there should be less sent than if they sent their own plus their room mate who is not elite, plus that of the kids in the cabin next door. Yes, it happens. SO, instead of having the laundry of the one person who has earned the perk, the laundry room gets stuff belonging to two or 4 people. If even half of the elites on board send more than their own items, you have significantly increased the laundry load.

And if paying for laundry, a passenger can opt for faster service at a higher cost; this would then "bump" the elite laundry if space was needed for the higher priced paid stuff.

It is a perk for those who have earned it. The more people allow others to "use" their perk, the longer it will take for laundry to come back...and the more likely that Princess might choose to discontinue this benefit.[/quote']

Well, luckily my next 2 cruises are in suites so my sending of my husbands will no longer be an issue. I get your point but it's still gonna happen.

Well, luckily my next 2 cruises are in suites so my sending of my husbands will no longer be an issue. I get your point but it's still gonna happen.

It won't take long with cruises in suites until your husband has elite status as well. Enjoy your cruises.

I have sent my tux for pressing when there was a three day wait and formal night was the next day. This is where you need to talk to your steward. I'm my case I asked with little expectation. He took it down and got it back the next evening before events started. There have been numerous threads on tipping where I have mentioned the "over and above" that almost demands extra tipping. This was one of those times. The steward was compensated.

Talk to your steward and ask politely letting him know you need it back either way. The Steward usually will try.

They told me they had over 2,000 pieces of unidentified laundry from the last cruise and our cruise. I asked if we could go look at it and they said no we can't go down there. I asked if they could towards end of cruise bring it up to a dining room and let everyone that turned in a lost slip go look at it. I bet that would have saved some claims, etc.

I wonder what they do with all of the lost laundry?

Shocking they could be so careless

I have been elite for a number of years and would not the laundry if an item was worth more than $20. Shirts that had no spots frequently came back with oily stains....I was on along cruise and the steward thereafter told me that he had sent a shirt back for a do over. Once the sent an item which had no oily stain but did when returned with a note that they couldn’t get it out without ruining it...the steward took it back and he talked with them and it came back perfectly. On the other hand I was standing at the customer service desk and the gentleman in front of me had got a note saying his entire load had been ruined and to see the front desk. He asked to see it and they told him it had been thrown out since it was beyond repair. I heard them tell him they didn’t reimburse in such situations but he could claim it on his insurance....I left as he was telling the people that the ship should claim on their insurance....I don’t know who won but since them I am careful to send out items that I don’t care about if lost. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been elite for a number of years and would not do the free laundry if an item was worth more than $20. Shirts that had no spots frequently came back with oily stains....I was on along cruise and the steward thereafter told me that he had sent a shirt back for a do over. Once the sent an item which had no oily stain but did when returned with a note that they couldn’t get it out without ruining it...the steward took it back and he talked with them and it came back perfectly. On the other hand I was standing at the customer service desk and the gentleman in front of me had got a note saying his entire load had been ruined and to see the front desk. He asked to see it and they told him it had been thrown out since it was beyond repair. I heard them tell him they didn’t reimburse in such situations but he could claim it on his insurance....I left as he was telling the people that the ship should claim on their insurance....I don’t know who won but since them I am careful to send out items that I don’t care about if lost. Mike

We are both elite so that has never been an issue.

Just saying we have never had a problem sending out things to be cleaned that we would normally send to the drycleaner at home.

The only laundry items we send out are his undies.

Not so' date=' but the more laundry there is to be done, the longer it takes. If each Elite sends only their own laundry, there should be less sent than if they sent their own plus their room mate who is not elite, plus that of the kids in the cabin next door. Yes, it happens. SO, instead of having the laundry of the one person who has earned the perk, the laundry room gets stuff belonging to two or 4 people. If even half of the elites on board send more than their own items, you have significantly increased the laundry load.

It is a perk for those who have earned it. The more people allow others to "use" their perk, the longer it will take for laundry to come back...and the more likely that Princess might choose to discontinue this benefit.[/quote']

If it were up to me I would cap the benefit at a fixed dollar value & be done with it.

Use it as you please.