How do you know which pier your cruise will use?

EeyoreRN

Are you asking about the specific pier, or which port/docking facility in port cities with more than 1, like Antigua or Curacao?
Port/docking facility with more than 1...also St. Thomas and San Juan...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Here the website I use

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/#home

Select your ship

Select date of cruise

You itinerary will come up

Select each port

On the left side of the page it will show the name of the pier the ship could dock

Click on the pier and a google map will pop up

Edited by Mcdonaldbam

You can often find pier assignments online. For example, here is a listing for St Thomas where they have two separate cruise ports.

http://www.**********/cruise/ship-schedule/

In this case the port they refer to as WI (or West Indies) is the so-called Havensight Port while Crown Bay is located on the other side of Charlotte Amalie. But keep in mind that port assignments can (and do) change and they can change right up until the arrival day.

Here is a link to one source for San Juan pier assignments.

http://www.cruiseportschedules.com/Cruise_Ship_Schedules/Cruise_Ports/United_States/San_Juan_Puerto_Rico_Cruise_Port_Schedule.html

In ports like St Maarten where they have more then one large pier, the actual pier assignments many not be known until the last minute.

Hank

Royal Caribbean Freedom out of San Juan which I know is Pan American. Ports St Thomas, St Kitts St Lucia Antigua Barbados.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Basseterre, St. Kitts; Castries, St. Lucia; and Bridgetown, Barbados only have one pier. You will dock at Heritage Quay Pier, St. Johns, Antigua, and likely Port Haven/Havensight in Charlotte Amalie, St.Thomas.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes. Royal recently signed a contract with Crown Bay in St Thomas. So if 1 or 2 ships are in port they will dock there.

We have seen RCI vessels at both ports. Keep in mind that Crown Bay only has room for 2 ships. On our last two visits to the island one of the RCI Oasis Class vessels was always docked at Crown Bay.

Hank

Trying to plan what to do in ports, which will be easier if I know where my ship will be docked. Is there a tried and true way to figure this out?

Thanks in advance for the tips!

Eeyore

I am doing a similar exercise for our 2020 WC. I find the best option is to Google the port name + cruise ship schedule. Many worldwide ports provide the ship name, dates and berth information.

However, if the port doesn't have a pax terminal and the ship docks at a commercial port, then the actual dock may not be confirmed until the pilot boards.