How many reservations do you have?

Currently 4. We're doing 6 days in Manhattan after our Oct Anthem cruise and after our Harmony b2b in Nov 2019 we plan to spend some time at Disney too. DH and I aren't retired yet and our boys are grown. No grandchildren yet to spoil and we make good money plus DH is a retired US Navy reservist (0-6) and gets his pension after 30 years of service. That alone can pay for a lot of cruises if we had the time. I get 5 weeks of annual leave and DH gets 4, but he can comp some time also which is our limiting factor. When we retire, we're going to downsize from our large house so we can continue to cruise and more often.

9 currently, but only 2 in 2019 and one in 2020. Had around 20 in backlog past 2 years.

Trying to resist the urge to book. Want to see how booking after final works out for 2019

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Getting close to Pinnacle many cruises booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Getting close to Pinnacle many cruises booked.

Fairly common for a lot of us.

Kept it up for another year, but slowing down now.

Living close makes it easy

We have 3 currently, but I think that is the record for us. I am looking at 2020, but that is hard to plan. However, retire Floridians could have dozens booked. As a loser Midwesterner who still works, 3 is a lot.

JC

We have 3 currently, but I think that is the record for us. I am looking at 2020, but that is hard to plan. However, retire Floridians could have dozens booked. As a loser Midwesterner who still works, 3 is a lot.

JC

Some Floridians were once loser Midwesterners that worked.

We have one. In the past, the most we had was 3. We always took advantage of the lower deposit on Next Cruise. Ha, Ha. Not going to happen anymore.

Why won’t it happen anymore?

are you all made of money? found a tree that grows money? or rather a whole money growing forest? :o

I’m glad you asked, I was wondering the same thing, lol. I’m lucky if I can swing one a year on my teacher salary. But I do like reading everyone’s reviews so kept them coming!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some Floridians were once loser Midwesterners that worked.

yes, as one of my 30 heroes, I hope to emulate you someday, maybe 5 to 8 years from now. I haven’t made up my mind yet on the money versus hanging out in Florida (aka somewhere) ratio. My DW is ready now, and I am too, but.... money is important and I and she are in our peak years. Stupid employers that pay us more than we are worth making these decisions hard.

JC

Ditto for us, and we live within driving distance of four ports (moved here so we didn't have to fly any more to get to where the fun is):).

What area is close to four ports? Sounds ideal.

yes, as one of my 30 heroes, I hope to emulate you someday, maybe 5 to 8 years from now. I haven’t made up my mind yet on the money versus hanging out in Florida (aka somewhere) ratio. My DW is ready now, and I am too, but.... money is important and I and she are in our peak years. Stupid employers that pay us more than we are worth making these decisions hard.

JC

We ended careers in Atlanta, not a horrible drive to PC. But the last two years we worked from home, beach home.

Goodnight, I hear tomorrow is a Monday.

What area is close to four ports? Sounds ideal.

Orlando would be one. Pretty much all of Florida with exception of Panhandle

Port Canaveral

Tampa (seasonal)

Ft Lauderdale

Miami

Jacksonville (Carnival [emoji6])

JC

As Joe Walsh sang, I can’t complain but sometimes I still do. We are “loser” midwesterners who still work. But, I have a steady job at a company I love and get 6 weeks of vacation (not bad for the U.S,). We have 8 cruises planned and also take land trips. I find “having” to fly to port means we feel free to cruise from anywhere, and except for short winter breaks, Caribbean cruises have lost luster for us especially since we can now cruise in off peak times. So, although we might cruise more if we were closer to a port, I am happy with cruising elsewhere and getting the experience of seeing new ports.

As Joe Walsh sang, I can’t complain but sometimes I still do. We are “loser” midwesterners who still work. But, I have a steady job at a company I love and get 6 weeks of vacation (not bad for the U.S,). We have 8 cruises planned and also take land trips. I find “having” to fly to port means we feel free to cruise from anywhere, and except for short winter breaks, Caribbean cruises have lost luster for us especially since we can now cruise in off peak times. So, although we might cruise more if we were closer to a port, I am happy with cruising elsewhere and getting the experience of seeing new ports.
Floridians fly believe it or not. [emoji6]

Coming up this year

Serenade - Copenhagen

Vision - Barcelona

Rhapsody - Barcelona

Next year

Serenade - Copenhagen

Earlier this year

Mariner - Singapore

I typically only have one cruise planned at a time, and then book another one. Once, I think I had two. I currently have four. :eek: I recently had several friends ask me to join them, and I couldn't say no. :)

Like you, usually 1 and occasionally 2. I can't plan things out to far in advance and no I can hit he dates.

Floridians fly believe it or not. [emoji6]

Coming up this year

Serenade - Copenhagen

Vision - Barcelona

Rhapsody - Barcelona

Next year

Serenade - Copenhagen

Earlier this year

Mariner - Singapore

You do? Never would have guessed.

I was responding to the Midwesterner vs Floridian part of the post from another which implicitly implied Floridians cruised more due to closeness to ports. (the retired vs not retired distinction of the post seemed secondary as there would be no point in mentioning Florida if working was the focus of the difference).

Happy cruising to you from ports outside of Florida.

I love reading all of the reponses. I thought I was extravagant with 4 cruises booked. Now I know that is not the case. :D

In reference to the comments about living close to port. Interestingly, I relocated from Maryland to Florida three years ago, and now am further driving distance (about 90 mins) from the closest port than I used to be (about 20 mins.)

Rome?

not the same as being in driving distance..

and even rome costs $500/plane ticket in the summer....if i'm paying for 9 people, that's way too much money to go on 20 cruises a year like some of the people on here....

i can't even manage one a year at those rates...

now if we lived in florida, where we could take advantage of last minute deals (like florida resident deals on DCL) i'd find it difficult not to cruise every weekend :cool: