Small cocktail party in Sky Suite?

kenevenpar

Have any on here hosted a small cocktail party in a Sky Suite? How did it work out? How did you organize it?

We were invited to one on Summit a few years ago in a Penthouse Suite, and it was wonderful. Obviously, a lot larger suite.

I did this years ago. Discussed it with the butler and made a request for snacks, beverages and glassware. They set everything up in advance for a before dinner party and everything was cleaned up when we returned from dinner. Worked out great.

I guess it would depend on how many people you are expecting to entertain and whether it is an S-class or M-class ship.

A sky suite isn't really that large, especially on M-class. Just a small sofa and one chair to sit on and probably a chair at the desk, plus two chairs at the table outside. The bed takes up much of the space. There isn't any sort of dining table either, just a small round table inside and a small dining table outside.

S-class is basically the same set-up, just the room itself is a bit larger.

I'm sure it can be done, just speak to your butler, but it will be tight if you expect 6 people or more.

We just did this last month on Reflection; aft corner S1. We invited 2 other couples for a total of 6 people for a sail out of one of our ports of call. discussed it with our butler prior to any invites going out and he totally took care of it. He brought glasses, and more than enough food for us, all finger foods and little appetizers. I selected the wines and he picked it up. it was before dinner after we left he cleaned everything up........ There was sufficient room for the six of us, I wouldn't go any larger than eight people total. He also delivered the invites.....

Our sky suite was super small, not big enough for party , this was on summit

We were in 6131 on Summit a couple of years ago, and the balcony was large. Between the suite and the balcony could have easily handled 12 - 14. We were invited to the PH that year, so we did not host a get together. I'm thinking I will wait until we are onboard this year to see how many we can deal with. Smaller balcony than 6131.

We were in 6131 on Summit a couple of years ago, and the balcony was large. Between the suite and the balcony could have easily handled 12 - 14. We were invited to the PH that year, so we did not host a get together. I'm thinking I will wait until we are onboard this year to see how many we can deal with. Smaller balcony than 6131.

Most are a lot smaller than the 6131 & 6132 balconies. We have been in 6125 which has a balcony larger than many but don’t think we could have comfortably had 4 people on the balcony.

We have given drinks and nibbles parties many times in Sky S1, Celebrity and Royal Suites, and each time we have discussed our plans with our butler and each time they have well exceeded our expectations!

Given enough notice, a mouthwatering display of food has appeared and the wine and champagne which we ordered has been served to our guests with panache by our butler, and we have tipped handsomely afterwards to show our appreciation.

There is ample room in the S1 suites on the Solstice class for 10 people to enjoy your hospitality, although some may need to sit on the edge of the bed! Go for it! Your butler will delight in demonstrating his or her skills!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Am I understanding this correctly. In a Sky Suite you can arrange for a small party with drinks and etc, invite non suite passengers and not be charged extra for anything?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Am I understanding this correctly. In a Sky Suite you can arrange for a small party with drinks and etc, invite non suite passengers and not be charged extra for anything?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes. Our experience has Sky Suite same sparkling wine as in the your Suite or AQ cabin on embarkation. Red or white wine is the stuff they trade the sparkling wine for.

Celebrity Suite Wines get better, Royal Suite even better. Haven’t had a PH yet😢

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The general rule is they will provide a nice cold food selection free of charge and soft drinks. If you want hot food or alcoholic beverages (other than the free sparkling in your room) then you pay for it. If you (or your guests) bring wine on board your butler will chill it for you.

We have attended and hosted a few parties. A good option on the drinks front if you have several guests can be to buy a spirit like rum which can then by the butler be turned into several jug fulls of fruity punch...Chat with your butler on boarding they will offer lots of suggestions.

If you have a RS or PH you do have a bar set up of beers, sodas and 2 spirits and mixers which your guests can enjoy too. Spirits are not usually replaced during the cruise but your beer selection is refilled daily.

Have any on here hosted a small cocktail party in a Sky Suite? How did it work out? How did you organize it?

We were invited to one on Summit a few years ago in a Penthouse Suite, and it was wonderful. Obviously, a lot larger suite.

I have done it in a Royal Suite (for 75 CC members on a cabin crawl) & also attended a sail away for 8-10 people in an S1. Both were arranged with the help of the suite Manager (Anica) & the bulter. For one of the parties the butler wasn’t very helpful, that’s why we went to the suite manager. She ended up being a huge help for the larger party on short notice because the butler dropped the ball. Then she made sure the smaller one was flawless a few days later.

We were on the Equinox. Neither Suite was charged for the wine and champagne provided for the get togethers. The couple in the S1 had a drink package — most of the people on the ship did, that could be why weren’t charged.

One party had shrimp, cheese, crackers & fruit in addition to the beverages. The other had a meat & cheese tray, some appetizers & bite sized desserts. The butler brought glasses, plates, napkins, silverware, etc.

Some of the butlers seem to know exactly what to do, others don’t have a clue. If you get one that doesn’t have any idea of what you’re asking for & just nods his head, talk to the suite manager and he/she will be able to walk him through it.

Enjoy your party!

Vickie

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions and great information.

The cocktail party we attended in a PH on Summit was tremendous. About 60 people in and out, host asked that if we had a complimentary bottle of wine, that we bring it. His butler, who was also our sky suite butler, Nelson IIRC, was over the top good!

Thanks Again!

Ken