Early bird gets the chair

RTV Man

Just off the Horizon and mostly loved it. Biggest gripe, lack of chair space around pools and chair hogs. At first glance, it looks like there is lots of room around the main Lido pool. Then you go up there at 9:30 in the morning and every seat has a towel on it, but there are only maybe 1/3 with ppl in them.

You really shouldn’t have to claim your chair by 8:30 am. Be nice if Carnival would enforce their policy on saving seats.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally, I wish they would enforce a rule that says no chair saving unless someone is there meaning 1 person must be present to save 2 seats. That early in the morning, Carnival should have someone going around collecting towels where no one is present. Since the towels are now missing, the offenders will be charged for losing the towels. Listen up Carnival, this is another money maker for you!!!

On recent trip on the Dream on sea days by 7:30 most all the chairs around the pool were taken by towels, sunscreen, cups, etc. On morning I saw a lady saving 8 chairs. I came back two hours later and the chairs were unoccupied.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

9:30? You sleep in that late and it's the back row for you. The late risers will never win this battle ..... Best just to get up as early as those you dispise and claim your chair before they do. You simply can't sleep in with 5000 passengers aboard and actually expect to get a nice perfect seat next to the pool.

Same story. Different ship. Most know by now if you want a lounge chair by the pool or on Lido, you have to sleep on deck. Then when the sun comes up, just leave your towel behind and get on with your day. Then you can come and go as you please with guaranteed real estate.

It's an ongoing complaint and rarely enforced. I don't mind being a deck or two up from the Lido, so I'm generally able to find a chair.

I did think I had read a review recently where they said the 30 minute rule was indeed being enforced. It should be fleet-wide and constant.

When I want to “lounge” on deck, I am usually alone and I am never in the chair for much more than an hour at a time. If I can’t find an un-spoken for lounger, I will look for groups of un-occupied chairs being “saved” with towels. I will choose one and move the towel to the adjacent chair. On the rare occasion that someone calls me on it, I simply tell them that if their whole party shows up and they need all of the chairs they saved while I am using it, I will happily vacate the chair, but until then I will stay put. Never an argument, And I have never had to give up the chair before I was ready.

I never understood the desire to be in the middle of the loud over crowded area when there's so many other places to sit and enjoy oneself and even talk without having to yell ! Give me a chair on a high deck in the shade any day !

I never understood the desire to be in the middle of the loud over crowded area when there's so many other places to sit and enjoy oneself and even talk without having to yell ! Give me a chair on a high deck in the shade any day !

Totally agree. We were usually up and going and had our pick of seats, even around the Lido pool. But we usually picked the aft pool and really enjoyed it. No loud music, no wobble dance, no over crowding, no people trying to bully you out of your chair.

And they mostly played 80’s music in the back pool.

Fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

9:30? You sleep in that late and it's the back row for you. The late risers will never win this battle ..... Best just to get up as early as those you dispise and claim your chair before they do. You simply can't sleep in with 5000 passengers aboard and actually expect to get a nice perfect seat next to the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You want to complain about a little thing like a towel keeping you from a chair? It's just a towel! What are you so afraid of? The towel won't bite you. Just move it and sit down.

Like "jma624" said, if they come back and want their chair back, give it back to them or tell them they're past their 30 minutes.

I guess I might need to clarify a couple things. I usually wake up at 7, so going out and getting a couple of chairs isn’t really the problem. It’s more the fact that you have to do it that is the problem. Also, I don’t care for the chairs on Lido itself. Horizon has great wicker chairs with pads on deck 11 aft that can be both in the sun and shade. Those are where we sat every day.

The problem is that ppl put their stuff on chairs and don’t use them for 2 or 3 hrs and Carnival staff do nothing about it. I have no problem moving someone’s stuff if they haven’t been around for a long period of time, but why should I. There is a guy just standing by the pool doing nothing but watching, shouldn’t he at least i force Carnivals rules. Or is Carnival, just like so many other company’s cowering to the possibility of a bad comment that they do nothing?

I'm the person that will just relocate your stuff if you haven't been around :cool::cool::cool:

This. Just turn in the towels to the attendant and take your seat. If someone does show up and say something, just tell them there were no towels. Carnival must have taken them. That sort of I got there first entitlement drives me nuts. If you want a seat early, put in the effort and have your azz in the seat.

I guess I might need to clarify a couple things. I usually wake up at 7, so going out and getting a couple of chairs isn’t really the problem. It’s more the fact that you have to do it that is the problem. Also, I don’t care for the chairs on Lido itself. Horizon has great wicker chairs with pads on deck 11 aft that can be both in the sun and shade. Those are where we sat every day.

The problem is that ppl put their stuff on chairs and don’t use them for 2 or 3 hrs and Carnival staff do nothing about it. I have no problem moving someone’s stuff if they haven’t been around for a long period of time, but why should I. There is a guy just standing by the pool doing nothing but watching, shouldn’t he at least i force Carnivals rules. Or is Carnival, just like so many other company’s cowering to the possibility of a bad comment that they do nothing?

No explanation needed for me , I pretty much assumed that .

This. Just turn in the towels to the attendant and take your seat. If someone does show up and say something, just tell them there were no towels. Carnival must have taken them. That sort of I got there first entitlement drives me nuts. If you want a seat early, put in the effort and have your azz in the seat.

awesome, kicking myself for not thinking of that.