LaCucina

Ms Jo UK

How long does dinner normally take at

LaCucina, we have a 7.00 pm reservation and would like to see a show at 9.30 and wondered if we can do both? JO

The Explore and Plan requires that you allow 2.5 hours for dinner (i.e., if you have a 7:00 dinner reservation, the soonest it would allow you to book a show is 9:30). If you advise your waiter that you would like a faster dinner service (whether specialty restaurant or MDR), then will accommodate your schedule requests. You can do both.

Just ate there 3 weeks ago with a party of 9. We easily were out within and hour and a half and that included time for an after dinner coffee and a birthday cake (compliments of the restaurant) for our youngest member.

The Explore and Plan requires that you allow 2.5 hours for dinner (i.e., if you have a 7:00 dinner reservation, the soonest it would allow you to book a show is 9:30). If you advise your waiter that you would like a faster dinner service (whether specialty restaurant or MDR), then will accommodate your schedule requests. You can do both.

Can you post a link to that please? I've never seen that before. Thanks.

I can't believe that any dinner would take 2.5 hours. I wouldn't be happy if my dinner took that long.

Can you post a link to that please? I've never seen that before. Thanks.

I can't believe that any dinner would take 2.5 hours. I wouldn't be happy if my dinner took that long.

Colin - I think what Bird is talking about is the block-out of show reservations after you book a dinner reservation. I thought it was two hours. For example, you could not book dinner at 1900 and reserve a show seat for 2000 on the same night. The pre-cruise booking system rejects the show booking.

In the Specialty restaurants the service is more like a decent restaurant at home not like the MDRs. Tell the greeter and the server that you would like to make the show at ..... and ask for prompt service.

Remember show doors open 30 minutes before the show starts and seats are in demand from that point onwards.

On my last 3 NCL cruises, I did find service to be rather slow in the specialty restaurants, except for Moderno because of their format. I don't like big delays between courses but that seems the norm. Had to skip dessert once to make a show. Your 2 1/2 hours is plenty of time but tell your server you need to be out in 2 hours (hard to believe you need to say that lol.)