Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

22 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Have those services here in Central Ohio.  BUT, we don't use this type of delivery.  Like to get out just a little, safely distancing and wearing masks, etc.  Plus, getting a little exercise??!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

122168431_ScreenShot2021-02-09at11_48_00AM.png.bbc4ab438beebf561104dd856c8d9fa3.png

1734978310_ScreenShot2021-02-09at11_48_11AM.png.3700b53a8b1054d087f3ec49d385a536.png

Hi Terry, I still go grocery shopping myself as well.  And I go out to eat too.😃

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, I still go grocery shopping myself as well.  And I go out to eat too.😃

For us in the Midwest, "going out" would mean dining outside.  Too, too cold now to do that here.  We are NOT comfortable dining inside at an eating establishment.  We do a decent amount of carry-out.  Looking forward to Spring and warmer weather when we can resume those outdoor dining adventure.  Counting the days till the end of February when we get our second Moderna shot.  

Below are a couple of "new" comic voices from history's past.  Both had long, long careers.  Remember "Uncle Milty" and Redd Foxx?  Did not post any of Foxx's X-rated stuff.  He could be pretty wild on some of his comedy albums.  

278291865_ScreenShot2021-02-10at10_34_40AM.png.0340e6e1150ff1df2034d5bbf7f12755.png

1751129027_ScreenShot2021-02-10at10_34_50AM.png.ef467f03be5be47e1279b41090c3a060.png

Hi Terry, Oh......ok, we have 2 different meanings of eating out......I mean to go to a restaurant

and sit at the bar and eat dinner/lunch, etc..........I always wear a mask when I am out and about.

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, Oh......ok, we have 2 different meanings of eating out......I mean to go to a restaurant and sit at the bar and eat dinner/lunch, etc..........I always wear a mask when I am out and about.

Understand the two different meanings for "eating out".  My wife, a RN, does not feel that "comfortable and confident" about the others in restaurants (staff and customers) when we would be there to spend an hour or two inside in that way with these unknowns and risks.  Masks and distancing helps, but, but??!!  

Good news?  I am still eating well and not starving.  BUT, the "CABIN FEVER" aspects are starting to rise!!  Counting the days till Spring!!

18 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Beautiful drinks @mysty!

Agree!  Empress makes for a quite a conversational cocktail.  We certainly enjoyed our leaking bottle during the Christmas holiday.

Gin-Empress.thumb.jpg.e6ca752a5f2b5a9fa958ee8fa9d95802.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that this particular topic in this forum has become the Reddit of gin aficionados as all of the producers anxiously await to see which bottling is recommended next.

Gin.thumb.jpg.00e952c2e153290686ad9a65eea9bdb0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I've come to the conclusion that this particular topic in this forum has become the Reddit of gin aficionados as all of the producers anxiously await to see which bottling is recommended next.

Ha. As long as we don't start shorting stocks I'm all in!

Ordered more Hendrick's Lunar, as well as some Four Pillars to try. Anxiously checking my phone like a Pavlovian dog, wondering when my order will be ready...

• Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 8:44 AM, Lois R said:

Yes, we have deliveries here in Florida too........too many old people to not offer it LOL...........

(well, most are old in South Florida anyway).........but yes, we have several companies that

will pick up the groceries and deliver them to you.

Sorry.....we are not mostly old in South Florida.  That distinction belongs to north central Florida in The Villages.  We have been here in South Florida since our 50s and are now just 70.  We don't use delivery services since we are able to go out into the sunshine to do our own shopping, dinning etc.  (Actually,  My daughter in TN uses delivery all the time since its convenient with 3 little ones).   Here in South Florida restaurants and shops etc. are filled with wonderful young people from all over the world working to make our lives just a bit brighter.  Our town alone is building its' 4th high school. Neighboring towns are doing likewise.  Homes are being built by the thousands all surrounding new schools.  Our community with a median age of 50 is buzzing each day with golf, pickle ball, tennis, running, biking, not to mention us "old people" are out in the community doing our best to help those less fortunate. Just yesterday, we "old ladies" were out running and walking for "Laces of Love.".....a great charity that supplies our local kids who need new sneakers and sports shoes.  I think we are pretty young here in South Florida any way you look at it.  Love & Sunshine from South Florida!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Ha. As long as we don't start shorting stocks I'm all in!

Ordered more Hendrick's Lunar, as well as some Four Pillars to try. Anxiously checking my phone like a Pavlovian dog, wondering when my order will be ready...

I'll be so anxious to hear your opinion of Four Pillars.   I have the bottle in the freezer and plan to open at 5:30 PM tomorrow and share with a gin-loving guest.  Will let you know how it goes down.🤞

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, cece50 said:

Sorry.....we are not mostly old in South Florida.  That distinction belongs to north central Florida in The Villages.  We have been here in South Florida since our 50s and are now just 70.  We don't use delivery services since we are able to go out into the sunshine to do our own shopping, dinning etc.  (Actually,  My daughter in TN uses delivery all the time since its convenient with 3 little ones).   Here in South Florida restaurants and shops etc. are filled with wonderful young people from all over the world working to make our lives just a bit brighter.  Our town alone is building its' 4th high school. Neighboring towns are doing likewise.  Homes are being built by the thousands all surrounding new schools.  Our community with a median age of 50 is buzzing each day with golf, pickle ball, tennis, running, biking, not to mention us "old people" are out in the community doing our best to help those less fortunate. Just yesterday, we "old ladies" were out running and walking for "Laces of Love.".....a great charity that supplies our local kids who need new sneakers and sports shoes.  I think we are pretty young here in South Florida any way you look at it.  Love & Sunshine from South Florida!

Hi,🙂 I have been there many times.......I was sort of kidding.  I didn't mean to offend you

with my reply. 

One of my closest friends lives down there and has for many years. 

But...part of me still remembers when I was I small child and my grandparents lived on

Miami Beach---a very long time ago.........it seemed everyone's grandparents lived there!

And I know the Villages.....you are correct about that demographic!

Oh, I am way beyond 50........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi,🙂 I have been there many times.......I was sort of kidding.  I didn't mean to offend you

with my reply. 

One of my closest friends lives down there and has for many years. 

But...part of me still remembers when I was I small child and my grandparents lived on

Miami Beach---a very long time ago.........it seemed everyone's grandparents lived there!

And I know the Villages.....you are correct about that demographic!

Oh, I am way beyond 50........

No offense taken, Lois.  I did know you were kidding.  Just wanted to set the record straight.  Too many generalizations about Floridians.  We love living here in Naples and feed off the energy surrounding us.  I am out almost everyday either playing golf or swimming  or riding my bike......I think that keeps us young.  So age means nothing. Pre Covid was a true delight here.  We do miss the Artis Naples especially.....Great cultural events and our Philharmonic.  Keeping fingers crossed for some reopening.  We spend some time in the summer at our home in NJ but you couldn’t pay me to be there at this time.  Count your blessings in Florida no matter where you are.  

• Like 3

Following on from the purple Empress gin this is one I bought in Cape Town.

It's all about the Fynbos of the western cape. They have 3 versions the Classic, Verdant (golden green ) and Amber .

They really have a unique taste that isn’t to everyones liking, well my wife at least doesn't like it, fortunately I think its rather nice.

IMG_20210211_145019223.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

Following on from the purple Empress gin this is one I bought in Cape Town.

It's all about the Fynbos of the western cape. They have 3 versions the Classic, Verdant (golden green ) and Amber .

They really have a unique taste that isn’t to everyones liking, well my wife at least doesn't like it, fortunately I think its rather nice.

That looks interesting! I found it available locally at Saratoga Wine Exchange (exit 11 of the Northway, for our local friends).

Looks like some interesting flavor combinations. The amber sounds to be richer than the others. Have you tasted all of them?

• Like 1

I tasted the Verdant and as I recall it was also a little different to the normals gins. I just thought that the Amber had a really unique taste. On the nose it doesn't exactly smell like gin (as we know it) but with tonic and a slice of orange it releases the flavours. As I say its not to everyones liking. 

• Like 1