Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

17 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

DavyWavy

I am so sad to hear this yet thankful that you could be there with him.  I hope that you will have only happy memories of such a sweet pup who was obviously greatly loved.

Thank you Emtb. We have nothing but wonderful memories to cherish. We are very blessed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I’m very sorry to say that we lost our beautiful companion of 15 years today. He’s with his big badass sister now who’ll be bossing him about over there. He “fell asleep” playing tug with me and his favourite toy, Heffalump. 

IMG_5986.jpeg

Deepest sympathies DW!  Our thoughts are with you! 🥰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

I only needed one more Chemistry class-Physical Chemistry-to have a double Major. I never could bring myself to take that class and I think subconsciously I must regret it and I keep trying to complete it...over and over and over again.

I enjoyed that course very much. Too bad I remember nothing of it these days! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JP can relate to my third and final (I promise) recurring dream. I am somewhere outdoors, far from home, and I am holding my rather large and strong male cat who is struggling to get free. I am holding on desperately because I know if he gets loose I will never see him again. 36 years ago I did have a cat who fled the house we had just moved to. We had a few more wonderful feline companions but not since 2009. So again I don’t know what this is all about. A therapist would have a field day!

• Like 3

A lot of us seem to have the same type of a recurring dream. Mine is that I still have not passed my final exams in Medicine even though I am working as a doctor in those dreams. It always ends with me thinking I am about to be found up but then I wake up. Obviously so I can continue to have the same dream.

• Like 4

image.jpeg.205f93ec0a0d6285fc2101fde6432648.jpeg

A wealthy Arab man went to study in Germany. After a month of studying, he wrote a letter to his father telling him:

"Dad, Berlin is a very beautiful city, and the people are very kind to me, but I feel shy when I arrive at the university in my Range Rover, while my great professors arrive by train."

After a short while, he received a letter from his father with a check for ten million dollars attached. The letter read:

"Buy yourself a train, my son, and don't embarrass us in front of foreigners."

image.jpeg.5bd79098c296834bbc56843a2603b2c2.jpeg

• Haha 6

38 minutes ago, silkismom said:

One of my recurring dreams, I come back from vacation  and the computer system changed and I can't do anything. 

That could be reality!  That's why I don't allow my devices to upgrade shortly before or during a trip.  Once I'm home and the reports on the internet say it's a safe upgrade, then I initiate it.  But no automatic upgrades for me!  [Even on a Mac!]

• Like 3

Thank you Lola. It was the vet that bought him 2 years that came to our home to help him across. He overheard the call this morning and insisted he came out. I’m utterly heartbroken but am reminded at the same of how tragic life can be. A Dear friend of mines mother drowned herself yesterday in the river here. Her daughter hung herself in the woods 20 years ago and she never got over it. Apologies everybody for my mood but as Friday the 13th’s go this one outranks my partners two car crashes, both on Friday the 13th. One was just a new panel and a re-spray but the other lost me my favourite car ever. It wasn’t a great day yesterday. 

Mr Wavey, 

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful pet.  It is nice you were able to have the final moments in your home.  We have a good friend who is a vet who comes to our place to both do wellness visits, but also to help our pets to the "other side" of the River Styx.  One of our closest and oldest friends, a woman who my wife had been a roommate with, a teacher, a tutor to alter-abled children, a few years ago drove up the nearby McKenzie River and jumped in, drowning herself.  She was smart, warm, personable, but struggled with depression all her life.  I know it is not politically correct to say so, but I almost admired her fortitude in doing what she did to stop her pain and suffering, and the courage to jump into a very cold river and add herself to the load of water & sediment that rivers eternally carry down to the eternal ocean.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I’m very sorry to say that we lost our beautiful companion of 15 years today. He’s with his big badass sister now who’ll be bossing him about over there. He “fell asleep” playing tug with me and his favourite toy, Heffalump. 

IMG_5986.jpeg

I have no words. 🥹

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

IMG_5986.jpeg

So sorry to hear your gorgeous four legged friend has left. He looks very like a Springer Spaniel. We had one some years ago - very loving and a real character but could be oh so naughty! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Mr Wavey, 

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful pet.  It is nice you were able to have the final moments in your home.  We have a good friend who is a vet who comes to our place to both do wellness visits, but also to help our pets to the "other side" of the River Styx.  One of our closest and oldest friends, a woman who my wife had been a roommate with, a teacher, a tutor to alter-abled children, a few years ago drove up the nearby McKenzie River and jumped in, drowning herself.  She was smart, warm, personable, but struggled with depression all her life.  I know it is not politically correct to say so, but I almost admired her fortitude in doing what she did to stop her pain and suffering, and the courage to jump into a very cold river and add herself to the load of water & sediment that rivers eternally carry down to the eternal ocean.  

I believe that people make the best choice for themselves at the time - often others can find that difficult but I believe people have this right. I do acknowledge there are often people left behind and this is hard for them. It is a very personal journey and view.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Thank you all again for your kind words and thoughts. Today is a better day.

Sorry to hear!!  Glad you have the wonderful memories, visuals and experiences.  Nice to hear that "Today is a better day."  Good luck.  Keep plugging and moving forward.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio