Entertainment reveal???

hcat

Same old thing?

“The main stage extends into the audience creating a theater-in-the-round sensation. A duo-directional rotating platform raises almost seven feet above the stage to take performances to a whole new level. With two rotating spiral staircases, 10 synchronized panoramic projection screens, 16 state-of-the-art video mapping laser projectors, aerial performance rigging, and more, the technology behind the scenes will at times steal the show”.......Oh, That same old thing. I guess I’ve missed something in the last times I went into the theater, and the various clubs(?) on M and S-Class ships.

This is more than a bit different. And with all these changes in design approach, I have a feeling the shows will be a ‘bit’ different, but no way of knowing until the first reviews are posted.

Den

Edited by Denny01

One thing I found in the FAQs that was cool:

Outdoor sporting activities are centered around a series of larger than life garden games (such as a giant chess set). Celebrity Edge also features Archery, TableTennis, and Golf Putting.

Same old thing?

“The main stage extends into the audience creating a theater-in-the-round sensation. A duo-directional rotating platform raises almost seven feet above the stage to take performances to a whole new level. With two rotating spiral staircases, 10 synchronized panoramic projection screens, 16 state-of-the-art video mapping laser projectors, aerial performance rigging, and more, the technology behind the scenes will at times steal the show”.......Oh, That same old thing. I guess I’ve missed something in the last times I went into the theater, and the various clubs(?) on M and S-Class ships.

This is more than a bit different. And with all these changes in design approach, I have a feeling the shows will be a ‘bit’ different, but no way of knowing until the first reviews are posted.

Den

I'm getting more excited to see the shows. I have never experienced a theater like this one. :D

I'm getting more excited to see the shows. I have never experienced a theater like this one. :D

Agee. I don’t’ see four singers plus 6 dancers coming out onto this venue in red/white/blue striped top hats and shorts, singing “Yankee Doodle Dandee” or 50’s-60’s broadway musical top hits. This is going to be berry berry interesting!

Den

Agee. I don’t’ see four singers plus 6 dancers coming out onto this venue in red/white/blue striped top hats and shorts, singing “Yankee Doodle Dandee” or 50’s-60’s broadway musical top hits. This is going to be berry berry interesting!

Den

Well if we don't like it we can always head to the Club for a traditional evening of wild discovery.

"Once the kids are in bed, The Club transforms into a place of wild discovery. The nightlife here is full of engaging moments you’ll be talking about for days after—or maybe you’d prefer to keep them to yourself. One thing is for sure though, a night in The Club will have you ready to come back for more."

I am really intrigued by this - I really will have to see what is going on there. :D

This sounds like the 270 theater on Anthem. We saw a great Bon Jovi tribute one night that would blow your socks off. We also saw the Super Bowl there one night on those giant screens in the round. It was like being there. Hope we will see more shows like this on Edge.

Pat

Well if we don't like it we can always head to the Club for a traditional evening of wild discovery.

"Once the kids are in bed, The Club transforms into a place of wild discovery. The nightlife here is full of engaging moments you’ll be talking about for days after—or maybe you’d prefer to keep them to yourself. One thing is for sure though, a night in The Club will have you ready to come back for more."

I am really intrigued by this - I really will have to see what is going on there. :D

My ‘kids’ stay up well after I fall exhausted into bed!!!

Den

Vtcruising, I was just thinking. I can fit in a 01 Dec Edge cruise, and I’m sure I can sacrifice one of my B2B’s, how would you like to switch one of mine for yours????!!? What an idea! That way, you get a nice 7-N cruise and don’t have to worry about getting ready for the holidays and that dumb ole Edge cruise interfering.......I’m just thinking about you.

How about it???? I CAN”T wait until March!!!

Den

The theater is reminding me a bit of HAL’s Koningsdam World Stage. It is a 270* Stage with surrounding HD monitors. I don’t know if I can post youtube here but goggle it, looks similar.

Edited by Oville

Like mentioned in the other threat: I did like the concept of the 270 venue on AOTS, but if on EDGE it will also be an open space all day long like 270 on AOTS, then it will be a major disappointment to me.

On AOTS, I sometimes arrived in 270 about an hour before the show started, and already all the best seats were taken by people who were using 270, anyway. So, in the future on EDGE, best seats in the main enterrainment venue will be for people who like to sit in the same venue all night long?!

Vtcruising, I was just thinking. I can fit in a 01 Dec Edge cruise, and I’m sure I can sacrifice one of my B2B’s, how would you like to switch one of mine for yours????!!? What an idea! That way, you get a nice 7-N cruise and don’t have to worry about getting ready for the holidays and that dumb ole Edge cruise interfering.......I’m just thinking about you.

How about it???? I CAN”T wait until March!!!

Den

Sorry, but I can’t wait until March to see what is happening at the Club late at night. 😉

What are folks expecting to happen there? I have never been to Las Vegas and we do not sail on Royal big ships

Most X cruisers will be sleeping by midnight most nights...me included.

And if we are out and about late night , it would be at someplace mellow...if they have that on board!

This reveal covered the big venues, shows and headliners We are looking forward to hearing more about the bars, cozy spots, jazz, guitar., piano bar...Long gone, I expect will be a classical string trio!

Like mentioned in the other threat: I did like the concept of the 270 venue on AOTS, but if on EDGE it will also be an open space all day long like 270 on AOTS, then it will be a major disappointment to me.

On AOTS, I sometimes arrived in 270 about an hour before the show started, and already all the best seats were taken by people who were using 270, anyway. So, in the future on EDGE, best seats in the main enterrainment venue will be for people who like to sit in the same venue all night long?!

Eden is also a specialty restaurant so not clear about the type of entertainment there at night. On Anthem, the 270 area has a separate cafe and the main area is not a restaurant but more of an entertainment venue with electronic gizmos and such.

I'm thinking our cruise in January will be so crowded that we won't be able to experience many of these areas. My husband uses a small electric chair and, other than the theater, might be an issue for us. Hope not. If it seems that way it might be one and done for the Edge class for us. Will post our experience after the cruise but hope it works out. So many interesting things to do.

Pat C

PatC- what large cruiseline or cruise ship isn't crowded these days? They all sail at capacity. Why would you be worried any more about Edge than other ships?

What are folks expecting to happen there? I have never been to Las Vegas and we do not sail on Royal big ships

Most X cruisers will be sleeping by midnight most nights...me included.

And if we are out and about late night , it would be at someplace mellow...if they have that on board!

This reveal covered the big venues, shows and headliners We are looking forward to hearing more about the bars, cozy spots, jazz, guitar., piano bar...Long gone, I expect will be a classical string trio!

I'm with you on the music. We enjoy guitarists at the Sunset bar or strings in al Bacio in the afternoon, the guitarists, jazz, strings and duos in Ensemble Lounge or RendezVous in the evening and house bands in the Sky Lounge or the Atrium later at night.

I'm sure we won't be there at night for the wild discovery in the Club, except to check it out to see what it is about. I am intrigued, love to people watch and I have to do the research for my CC review. :D

As far as smaller music venues for duos, guitarists, strings and jazz, if they continue to have those offered, there are some places that could happen.

Eden Bar has space to have live music, the Sunset Bar likely does if like other X ships, RTG has a stage for live music and musicians in the trees, Café al Bacio will likely have room for some music at times, the Atrium may have space if like other X ships, the MC has a space for music, the pool area and maybe there are other nooks not yet identified.

With X putting a lot of their bucks into the high tech and somewhat eclectic, we will see if they continue to have the these types of musicians as well. My guess is that they will, though maybe to a lesser degree. They know that music appeals to many across the age groups so will likely offer it on the Edge. :D

PatC- what large cruiseline or cruise ship isn't crowded these days? They all sail at capacity. Why would you be worried any more about Edge than other ships?

Yes, they are all "crowded" but having experienced small crowds on the S class ships I can tell you that when it is a popular show getting into the theater is next to impossible with a scooter/chair, etc. And, to be honest, the handicapped areas are not very inviting. We have avoided shows these past years due to the fact that sitting at the top level is noisy and you could hardly see the stage. That being said, we are sailing Edge in January and will see what happens. Looking forward to LLP's so-called "innovations". AND, after Edge we cross the dock to Silhouette so we can really compare in real time.

One thing I found in the FAQs that was cool:

Outdoor sporting activities are centered around a series of larger than life garden games (such as a giant chess set). Celebrity Edge also features Archery, TableTennis, and Golf Putting.

The outdoor chess is fun but takes up space . Many vacation resorts have had that for years ..guess not everyone is into pools, sun and spas...good there will be choices.

Edited by hcat

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19485-celebrity-unveils-theater-aboard-celebrity-edge.html

"The Celebrity Edge will offer the brand’s most technologically advanced main theater, according to a statement, including the most production shows of any ship in the brand’s history, the largest cast of performers on any premium cruise ship, and more entertainment venues than ever."

The outdoor chess is fun but takes up space . Many vacation resorts have had that for years ..guess not everyone is into pools, sun and spas...good there will be choices.

We have a local resort with the big chess set, but they have many acres of land. You are right that those things take up space. I guess it is more like an interesting art piece to spice things up (kind of like the Hippie Van). ;)

I thought it was neat to offer putting and archery, though I don't know how they will fit it all in. More fun things to observe while walking through or maybe I will stop and try it. :D