So, what ships are serving diamond drinks in the MDR at Dinner?

On 8/14/2018 at 6:23 AM, nelblu said:

Drinks were served in the MDR on Allure in April. We were told that it is available on "Oasis" class only. Will try on Anthem next week and see where it goes.:D

Enchantment of the Seas in January.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:18 AM, GottaGetAway42 said:

Just off Grandeur (Jan-Feb 2019) - yes in MDR, Giovanni's, and theater.

We were also on Grandeur in Jan/Feb.  We had MTD and usually arrived around 7:30 or so.  We had a standing order with the bar server so that our drinks were delivered to our table either just before we arrived or shortly after, so no worries about running out of time if the bar server was busy.  She had our folio numbers so did not need the card each time.  We'd get a wine for dinner and a double Bailey's straight up for after dinner drink.  When we finished our meal, our waiter would bring glasses of ice for us to put in our Bailey's.  Worked really well.  Great dining room staff on Grandeur.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, bcarney said:

Heck, I have a hard enough time getting bar service in the dining room AT ALL, much less using Diamond drink vouchers in there.

On Oasis class, no problem whatsoever (Symphony, Allure & Oasis sails).  Maybe someone can refresh my memory--your table waiter can serve you wine, but beer is served by a bar staff.  Or is the opposite.

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I think that we may be at the point that all ships have finally "gotten the memo" and are allowing the use of the vouchers in the restaurants.

MM, I think you are correct.  My last few cruises have all allowed them, including the Radiance, which I didn’t think would.

jc

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

PS, MM is almost always correct, so that is sort of a double obvious thing....

jc

I haven't yet been on ALL of the ships (although I am close) and of course could only have been on a few "lately".  But from the reports on  this thread, which you cleverly started, it seems to be unanimous, or unanimous for ships sailing not in Asia.  Few reports from there.

I am very happy that RCCL appears to have made this change fleet wide.  It is a nice option for most.   Of course, it does not benefit anyone who has late dining ( as happy hour generally ends when late dining begins) but for all others is a very nice treat to be able to get a drink in the dining room.

I say “enjoy it while you can“ as we never know what  changes RCCL could make

tomorrow

M

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I haven't yet been on ALL of the ships (although I am close) and of course could only have been on a few "lately".  But from the reports on  this thread, which you cleverly started, it seems to be unanimous, or unanimous for ships sailing not in Asia.  Few reports from there.

I can’t remember when anyone associated the word cleverly with me in this forum....  thanks MM.🤣

jc