So, what ships are serving diamond drinks in the MDR at Dinner?

We were able to order them in the MDR on the Radiance, but they didn’t tell me until the next to last night when I excused myself to go to the bathroom and decided to get a drink at the main lobby bar before returning.  The waiter saw me and said they were available in the MDR.  This was First week of September 2018.

On the Symphony TA they mentioned it the first night at dinner.  

Hopefully this trend will continue.  

JC

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, rimmit said:

Is the Grandeur still a yes?  Feel these things can be erratic at times.   Going back on her end of March and was just wondering.

These things can change based on what officers are onboard, no way to predict.

Just off mariner. I hadn’t taken the time to read the welcome letter. I asked the concierge if I could get a voucher drink in the dining room. He told me no problem. Went to the dining room asked the waiter about the drinks and again no problem. Later that night i went back to read the welcome letter and sure enough it states that the drink vouchers are NOT allowable in the dining room Windjammer or specialty restaurants. 

So still not sure about Mariner. 

M

On 12/3/2018 at 5:13 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Since this thread is remaining active:

Vision is a "no".

57 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

These things can change based on what officers are onboard, no way to predict.

Guess it just shows that Royal is consistent on being inconsistent... on the Vision mid January and used the drink coupons in the MDR numerous times

2 hours ago, BillB48 said:

Guess it just shows that Royal is consistent on being inconsistent... on the Vision mid January and used the drink coupons in the MDR numerous times

Absolutely.  Back on VIsion in February and easily able to use vouchers in the MDR.  🙂 

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just off mariner. I hadn’t taken the time to read the welcome letter. I asked the concierge if I could get a voucher drink in the dining room. He told me no problem. Went to the dining room asked the waiter about the drinks and again no problem. Later that night i went back to read the welcome letter and sure enough it states that the drink vouchers are NOT allowable in the dining room Windjammer or specialty restaurants. 

So still not sure about Mariner. 

M

We were on Mariner's Jan. 30th 5 day and used ours in the MDR.

6 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I think waiters have better things to do than serving free drinks! 😱

Just another example of bad service! 🙄

What's the difference if the wait staff brings you a free drink (BP or C&A HH drinks) vs a drink you are charged for and have to sign for. One less thing to do with the BP or C&A drinks. All part of their job regardless. 

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What's the difference if the wait staff brings you a free drink (BP or C&A HH drinks) vs a drink you are charged for and have to sign for. One less thing to do with the BP or C&A drinks. All part of their job regardless. 

There used to be roving bar servers in the dining room.  However, with the advent of the beverage packages, those roving bar servers are few and far between.  So more work for the already very busy wait staff to do.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

There used to be roving bar servers in the dining room.  However, with the advent of the beverage packages, those roving bar servers are few and far between.  So more work for the already very busy wait staff to do.

I realize that. We don't blame the waitstaff and call it bad service.  I even commented on this problem on our last PCSs when we were on the Jewel that RC needs to address this problem.  Agree it's unfortunate for the wait staff no matter how the drinks or what kind of drinks are being ordered. But it is what it is. We will order drinks as soon as the wait staff seats us.  We also walk in the MDR with a drink.  If we want another drink and it's hard to get service then I'll go out to one of the bars nearby and grab a couple of drinks. Shouldn't have to do that but we don't blame our waitstaff for the problem. They are doing the best they can.   

I will be happy if I can use my diamond vouchers at dinner. if you think about it most people will go to dinner for say an hour and 1/2 sometime during the happy hours where one can redeem the vouchers. In the past Ive left the table to go to the nearest bar for a glass of wine to have with my dinner and utilize the perk on time.

8 hours ago, davekathy said:

We don't blame the waitstaff and call it bad service.

If the waitstaff does didilydo to make some extra tips on drinks they are not supposed to be doing....slowing everybody else down... I call that bad service! 👎

But thats OK.... I will adjust msatisfactionn!😜There is  no difference between the crew and the product - crew is part of the product if they do not function as designed they will break the product 🙄

nrehT😜

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Haha 1