Major Changes Coming for Divina 10-Night Itineraries in Winter 2019/2020

cruiseguyinorl

I just checked MSC web site and my Cruise January 10th is listed as a 10 day cruise with the eastern Caribbean what itinerary changes is everyone talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a big secret that only cruiseguyinorl knows and he came on here just to tell us that! :rolleyes:

Nine days on and still no news ? for those booked during this period.

... But we should be grateful that we have been given "notice to keep your eyes open for changes", which, apparently, was the motivation behind the OP. :rolleyes:

There is an odd one of 19 days and 18 nights!

When is that, Dave?

There will be 3 MSC ships operating out of Miami this Winter season; they need to be offering very different itineraries to attract the number of passengers required to fill them.

January 2019 same routes and ports as it's doing now with Ocean Cay added.

The significance of that has just dawned on me! It implies MSC is expecting OC to be ready by January. :confused:

You mentioned an odd 18 night cruise - is that the one?

Mreal ... chances are Sidari found it on the UK site.

Bea ... Ocean Cay shows up in December 2019 Divina sailing, our Meraviglia cruise December 2019 shows Ocean Cay.

Yes ... but you said Divina Jan 2019? Meraviglia from New York to Miami is supposedly the first itinerary showing an Ocean Cay stop.

My itinerary on the Seaside still shows us being in Ocean Cay on December 6, 2019. This is my 2nd attempt to get there..........hopefully the opening doesn't get delayed again. If it does, so be it. That will just give me an excuse to book another cruise. :):)

(I agree that Jan. 2019 doesn't seem possible. Did he mean Jan. 2020?)

Yeah ... thought as much. But I'd first thought that, somehow, the "Newsflash" may have been that the island was going to be ready earlier (should have known better LOL). First scheduled stop is in Nov 2019 by Meraviglia.

They seem like very long itineraries; do they include a loop back to Miami, then off again in a different direction?

ETA ... I've just looked up the Jan 2020 on the website - nice starting price for an inside Bella. Great itinerary, too (includes ports that we thought we'd be seeing next March on Divina, were it not for the Holistic group charter!) :mad:

Still doesn't explain the "major changes coming for Divina 10-day itineraries", though, does it? :confused:

Edited by Beamafar

The US site put the Winter 2019/2020 eleven night itineraries back up. Not much of a change versus this winter, just adding Ocean Cay and eliminating one of the other ports, e.g. Nassau or Bonaire. The alternating ten night ones are still not listed, but you can see the change if you look at the incorrectly listed 21 night itineraries. The ten night will most likely be bookable as a three night (Miami, Ocean Cay, Nassau), 7 (Miami, San Juan,Phillipsburg, St. John's) or combined ten night version. There will be four MSC ships operating from Miami Winter 2019/2020 and unfortunately only some of the Divina eleven nights look like something I might book. There definitely seems to be too much overlap between Seaside, Meraviglia and Divina.

The US site put the Winter 2019/2020 eleven night itineraries back up. Not much of a change versus this winter, just adding Ocean Cay and eliminating one of the other ports, e.g. Nassau or Bonaire. The alternating ten night ones are still not listed, but you can see the change if you look at the incorrectly listed 21 night itineraries. The ten night will most likely be bookable as a three night (Miami, Ocean Cay, Nassau), 7 (Miami, San Juan,Phillipsburg, St. John's) or combined ten night version. There will be four MSC ships operating from Miami Winter 2019/2020 and unfortunately only some of the Divina eleven nights look like something I might book. There definitely seems to be too much overlap between Seaside, Meraviglia and Divina.

Not something I would book either after I just looked. The 10 day looks like it is a 3 day to Nassau and Ocean Cay then back to Miami and out again for a 7 day. Too much wasted time in Miami. I was really hoping the Divina would continue on with the 11 and 10 night cruises. Not happy with a 3 and a 7 and an 11.

At least we are doing 32 days on the Divina this November, can't wait.:D