Telling room stewards told to hawk Carnival merchandise is wrong!

twodjs

I have never been asked this...however it would definitely be off putting to me if it did happen. Carnival tries to get us to buy things all over the rest of the ship, I would think our cabin should be free of sales pitches. It also depends how the steward would say it. If it was a polite request i may not think much of it, but a more desperate plea I would be annoyed. I wouldn't want the person in my cabin, who can go through my things, upset at me because I wouldn't buy something for them. I don't think it's appropriate.

Apparently Carnival knows what they are doing. Despite Carnival "sucking some of the fun" away, you still plan to sail on Carnival. I personally love Carnival, but no one needs pom-poms around you because Carnival knows you are a lemming who will continue to sail on their ships, no matter how much you complain online. As long as Carnival is smarter than their passengers, they have nothing to worry about.

Just because I will continue to cruise Carnival to reach the milestone free cruise (which is a very nice perk indeed) does not mean that I will continue after cruise #100. As VP of my local Mensa group, I doubt that many at Carnival are smarter than I. Carnival has given me many very enjoyable cruises in the past. And they are currently not at all evil or terrible, just not as good or as much of a bargain as they used to be. There will always be Carnival cheerleaders like Blerk1, who I believe works for Carnival, that will attack anyone who expresses any displeasure with Carnival. And lemming or not Carnival's current business plan is very much oriented toward novice cruisers. Will this plan continue to work in the long run especially during the next economic downturn? We shall see.

What many forget now the Cabin Staff is writting the passenger requests how many times a day to tidy the cabins up too.

I do think it may soon be a per diem cost each time.

Now ypou can not even bring your own bottled water on Carnival.. YIKES.. are Rate Hikes acoming?

Just because I will continue to cruise Carnival to reach the milestone free cruise (which is a very nice perk indeed) does not mean that I will continue after cruise #100. As VP of my local Mensa group, I doubt that many at Carnival are smarter than I. Carnival has given me many very enjoyable cruises in the past. And they are currently not at all evil or terrible, just not as good or as much of a bargain as they used to be. There will always be Carnival cheerleaders like Blerk1, who I believe works for Carnival, that will attack anyone who expresses any displeasure with Carnival. And lemming or not Carnival's current business plan is very much oriented toward novice cruisers. Will this plan continue to work in the long run especially during the next economic downturn? We shall see.

I definitely agree with your point about novice cruisers. On every cruise I take there are always a lot of Blue cards (of course they could have sailed frequently on other cruise lines). And there are always a significant numbers of Blue cards when John Heald posts breakdowns of passengers on a cruise. Carnival obviously does a good job getting people to cruise on their ships at least once, but they couldn't survive without repeat cruisers.

It's not a good thing when someone like you who has obviously cruised with Carnival for a long time is considering no longer cruising with them in the future. Although I don't think Carnival has the best incentive package, I do think they offer just enough to keep people like you on their ships. I also think they need to offer a level above Diamond and additional milestones above 100 cruises to help retain long time loyal cruisers.

Now ypou can not even bring your own bottled water on Carnival.. YIKES.. are Rate Hikes acoming?

It's been that way for a while now and it's not just Carnival. At least they still allow you to bring some wine and sodas, other lines don't even allow that. As for price hikes, you don't really expect prices to stay the same forever do you?

You can bring canned water or boxed water. It was too time consuming for security to check individual bottles of water. Blame the cheaters, not Carnival.

I also think they need to offer a level above Diamond and additional milestones above 100 cruises to help retain long time loyal cruisers.

Hands-down I think this perk needs to be loyalty benefits on their other brands. Get those loyal cruisers to stay around with Princess, HAL, and ever Seabourn

• 3 weeks later...
I'm the OP on this thread. This was my first cruise on Carnival and I had never even heard of John Heald before I posted here. He and his followers have a vile reaction to anything CruiseCritic. I don't appreciate the way they embellished my post in a question to John and certainly don't appreciate the rudeness of many of his followers (and some of the posters on this site).

Follow John, saw the post and made sure to comment that this has happened to me on 3 of 8 Cruises. Carnival doesn’t believe it is happening but plenty of Guests have validated this experience.

On one cruise I had to remove the robe from my luggage as the room steward “packed it for me”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Follow John, saw the post and made sure to comment that this has happened to me on 3 of 8 Cruises. Carnival doesn’t believe it is happening but plenty of Guests have validated this experience.

On one cruise I had to remove the robe from my luggage as the room steward “packed it for me”

Wow 35 Carnival cruises and never once to us and your batting almost 50%. Must be a full moon for one of us.

Our room steward approached our daughter & son-in-law about purchasing a book in order to earn a day off. They asked us about it as we had the same room steward. They were later told that another passenger had already purchased a book so they didn't need to purchase one. We were not approached about purchasing anything.

On a different note - before we started getting a free bottle of water as a perk, we were twice charged for a bottle of water that we did not use. Both times it showed up on our statement slipped under the door on our last night. We did not want to stand in line over a $3 charge but find it odd that it happened to us more than once.