Anthem of the Seas - Junior Suites difference

Ready to book our cruise and are trying to get a better understanding of the difference between the junior suites. I believe they are categorized by numbers??? J1 - Junior Suite with Large Balcony and the J4 - Spa Junior Suite are the ones I'm trying to compare.

Specific Questions: The Junior Suites with Large balconies - do they have unobstructed views - as I understand the spa junior suites do? What are the differences and opinions of each?

Thank you!!

Jr. Spa suites have 2 bathrooms. One with sink and toilet the other a sink, tub and a great walk in shower with shower bench. Also hand held shower head and a ceiling rainfall. That my favorite. They are all outside of the elevators. The family has also 2 bathrooms. One with sink and toilet and the other with tub and sink. Shower is in the tub.

Does anyone know anything about the Silver Junior Suites offered as part of the Royal Suite program on some of the ships? Has anyone sailed in one of these suites that can tell me what extra amenities they come with over and above those of normal junior suites? Thanks

Isn't that only on Spectrum?

Spectrum of the Seas will offer Royal Caribbean's first exclusive suites-only area, which will feature the exquisite Golden and Silver suite accommodations in a private enclave at the forward end of the ship on decks 13 through 16.

Guests booked in these type of suites will have special keycard access, a private elevator and a dedicated restaurant and lounge. In addition to a range of exclusive amenities, guests will have access to The Balcony – a private outdoor space for sunbathing and relaxing – that offers the best views on board; and The Boutique, a shopping area where travelers can book private shopping experiences.

Isn't that only on Spectrum?

Spectrum of the Seas will offer Royal Caribbean's first exclusive suites-only area, which will feature the exquisite Golden and Silver suite accommodations in a private enclave at the forward end of the ship on decks 13 through 16.

Guests booked in these type of suites will have special keycard access, a private elevator and a dedicated restaurant and lounge. In addition to a range of exclusive amenities, guests will have access to The Balcony – a private outdoor space for sunbathing and relaxing – that offers the best views on board; and The Boutique, a shopping area where travelers can book private shopping experiences.

Is this something specific for Asia cruises?

We usually stay in a junior suite. This past May we stayed in a spa junior on Anthem. The second bathroom takes up a lot of room space and also eliminated the walk in closet that a regular junior suite has. I didn't notice much difference in the balcony space but the smaller room size was noticeable. I wouldn't book a spa junior again but that's just my opinion.

Jr. Spa suites have 2 bathrooms. One with sink and toilet the other a sink, tub and a great walk in shower with shower bench. Also hand held shower head and a ceiling rainfall. That my favorite. They are all outside of the elevators. The family has also 2 bathrooms. One with sink and toilet and the other with tub and sink. Shower is in the tub.

The Family Junior Suite on Anthem has a toilet in each bathroom.

Is Royal Suite Class available fleet-wide?

Royal Suite Class is available on Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas (Singapore and Sydney departures only)

I have just found the above on Royal Caribbean's website. They are selling Silver junior suites with access to the Coastal Kitchen on the Spectrum but I can't see any "silver" junior suites on the other ships. Very confusing.

Is Royal Suite Class available fleet-wide?

Royal Suite Class is available on Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas (Singapore and Sydney departures only) ... .

Now includes Symphony.

Hi

We had a Junior Suite with Large Balcony on Anthem January 2017. It was a more traditional Junior suite in that the room was large, there was one bathroom with a tub, etc. The balcony was a very nice size with two real lounge chairs (not just chairs with footstools). In my signature I have reviews that have pictures if you want to look at them.

We had friends in a Spa Junior Suite on that sailing and I went to see what their cabin looked like. The Spa Junior Suite was smaller than our junior suite (more narrow) and their balcony was a regular size balcony like you would have in a balcony cabin. They liked the split bathroom setup, but when I looked at it, each one looked small.

I didn’t see the family junior suite so can’t comment on that one but heard that has two bathrooms as well.

I don’t think you would go wrong with any of them, it’s just personal preference.

Noreen

Hi

We had a Junior Suite with Large Balcony on Anthem January 2017. It was a more traditional Junior suite in that the room was large, there was one bathroom with a tub, etc. The balcony was a very nice size with two real lounge chairs (not just chairs with footstools). In my signature I have reviews that have pictures if you want to look at them.

We had friends in a Spa Junior Suite on that sailing and I went to see what their cabin looked like. The Spa Junior Suite was smaller than our junior suite (more narrow) and their balcony was a regular size balcony like you would have in a balcony cabin. They liked the split bathroom setup, but when I looked at it, each one looked small.

I didn’t see the family junior suite so can’t comment on that one but heard that has two bathrooms as well.

I don’t think you would go wrong with any of them, it’s just personal preference.

Noreen

From your description, it sounds like you were booked in a Family Connected Junior Suite https://www.google.com/search?q=family+connected+junior+suite+anthem+of+the+seas&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=5xGxjQMzqyv_hM%253A%252CrqjeqJx2vHBRBM%252C_&usg=AFrqEzfN2wCu0NsRacgNuQUldNFFYJYRQQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjx8d-N3YXdAhUQUa0KHRphCqgQ9QEwC3oECAMQBA#imgrc=5xGxjQMzqyv_hM:

Ready to book our cruise and are trying to get a better understanding of the difference between the junior suites. I believe they are categorized by numbers??? J1 - Junior Suite with Large Balcony and the J4 - Spa Junior Suite are the ones I'm trying to compare.

Specific Questions: The Junior Suites with Large balconies - do they have unobstructed views - as I understand the spa junior suites do? What are the differences and opinions of each?

Thank you!!

Check out YOUTUBE, there are several videos of the Junior suites, however there isn't one I have found showing any other than those with the additional 1/2 bath (family junior suit) or those labeled SPA-Junior suites. ??

bosco

Check out YOUTUBE, there are several videos of the Junior suites, however there isn't one I have found showing any other than those with the additional 1/2 bath (family junior suit) or those labeled SPA-Junior suites. ??

bosco

I haven’t been able to find the one with large balcony on YouTube either.

I think they are now classified as J1.

I have pictures in my linked review when we had the junior suite with large balcony in January 17

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Yes it was in that shared vestibule, but we didn’t know the people in the other cabins in the vestibule.

We all had our own doors to our cabins.

I thought that would be weird at first but it was a non issue

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have stayed in both types of junior suites on Anthem. The suite with the large balcony is our favorite by far. The room is huge and the balcony is amazing. This suite is slightly more expensive than a spa jr.

The split bathroom is kind of a waste of space in the spa jr, but the large shower is a nice feature.The J1 suite with the large balcony tends to sell out fast, so good luck booking one. I'd grab that cabin any day!

We were in a spa jr suite on the Anthem and loved the 2 bathrooms. We wouldn’t hesitate to book this cabin again if the price was right.

We'll be in a spa jr suite in Oct on Anthem. Last time we were onboard, we were in a balcony cabin, but we usually stay in JS on other ships. I like the idea of two bathrooms so DH can shave while I'm in the shower and not have to worry about a steamed up mirror, etc. We won't use the tub so that's kind of wasted space, but the larger shower is very appealing.

I also like the fact that we have an unobstructed view. The balcony cabin we had while on a higher floor, looked down onto the lifeboats. Our spa js is on deck 6, but will look down onto water.