Last Minute on Allure - Live in D5. August 26th - Sept 2nd.

A&L_Ont

Back in the early 80's when I was single I would pack a bag and put it in my car before heading off to work on Friday morning. At noon I would "head out to my doctors appointment". Thirty minutes later I would be at the port. In those days you could just walk in to the terminal and if they had any cabins available get a cabin the day of the cruise. On Monday morning I would disembark and be at work 30 minutes later. Quick weekend getaway and no one even knew I was gone.

Now that is convenient. I haven't been able to plan a last minute cruise since RC left California. Too much to plan and pay for to get to Miami to be able to do it on the fly. The closest I booked a cruise was 2 months out and that was in 2009. One day I plan to move to Florida and then watch out!:D:D

Demolition. Heart eyes. I worked for the post office for 32 plus years. Mostly loading and unloading trucks(my first 8 years as a letter carrier) worked fork lifts and tugs,and ride on jacks. Yes i went to work with a hard hat.

Hubby works as a roll off driver. And one company did demo. On my days off sometimes I'd work too. I can run a bob cat and excavator. And yes drive a roll off.

Sorry but i love the big boy toys.

This is how we log wood for splitting. 680b64d2bda94059b804478364c03e50.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

WhooHoo...Another A&L report.

We just got off Allure on this same itinerary on Sunday. I can vouch that you will definitely need that Imodium, LOL. Thankfully, I didn't need it till departure morning but I'm still not completely right. :o

Anyways....Stay away from Bananarama on Roatan. While the beach itself is beautiful it was WAY to packed to enjoy. I was looking forward to that stop the most but we only stayed there for an hour because it was too crazy and just not relaxing at all. There were so many people on the beach, and boats, jetskis and vendors selling everything from bracelets to tours non-stop. Just not enjoyable at all. I think there are better places up the beach. We did go to the sloth/monkey sanctuary and loved that as well our 2 kids (11 & 13). That was probably the highlight of the trip as we all got to hold the sloth and the monkeys hopped on top of our heads while eating sunflower seeds.

If you want any recommendations for the ports on things to do, let me know. In Cozumel we did a private sailing/snorkeling charter on a 45ft sailboat that was amazing. They only take max 10 people but we were the only ones booked so we had it to ourselves and the price was cheap! Definitely the way to go over the huge crowds on the ship booked excursion.

Have an amazing time...even in your D5 ;).

I forgot I had one small request/comment....When we were on last week the whole week went by and I still have no idea who the captain is. I know I can look it up on the "Current Captains" list here on CC but I found it very odd that I never ever saw a Captains Welcome/Reception being held on either formal night. I never even saw the typical list they provide with the Compass the first night or two that provides the bio of the Captain and all the officers on board. Maybe they don't do either of those anymore? Not sure...but it seemed strange not to at least have the Captains Reception.

Anyway, Can you please let us know if there is indeed a Captains Welcome/Reception on your sailing, or if they provide that list of officers?

We're doing this itinerary end of October, so I'm looking forward to following...I don't know if I could book four days out...oh, the anxiety! Love Allure...October will be our fourth time, although it's been a few years. Doing a land vacation in Florida in a couple of weeks...planned on Lido Key, Sarasota, but Red Tide has totally taken over...disappointed, but switched to Kissimee..hey, it's vacation. Haven't been on CC as often. I'll have to find your Alaska review since that's a 2020plan for us. Safe travels

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want any recommendations for the ports on things to do, let me know. In Cozumel we did a private sailing/snorkeling charter on a 45ft sailboat that was amazing. They only take max 10 people but we were the only ones booked so we had it to ourselves and the price was cheap! Definitely the way to go over the huge crowds on the ship booked excursion.

Have an amazing time...even in your D5 ;).

Oh! How did you book the charter in Cozumel?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found and booked it from Island Marketing Ltd.,which is a reputable 3rd party excursion broker. I booked it the day before but I wouldn’t recommend doing that since I think word is going to get out (it’s a pretty new excursion) and they will probably start to book up sooner.

https://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/excursions/

Unfortunately the day we were in Cozumel there was virtually no wind so we didn’t get to put up the sails but we putted along the coast had two snorkel stops with our own private guide. So worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk