Last Minute on Allure - Live in D5. August 26th - Sept 2nd.

A&L_Ont

This has been my dream. Not exactly that car, but a hot rod all jinky looking on the outside. All polished on the inside. Cause it's always about what's (under the hood) on the inside. Cars or people.

I have always said, love to cruise on ships or in cars. Heads would exploded if I wrapped a GT like that. It would be awesome. Hope you get your ride one day.

I love your spontaneity in booking this cruise so close to sail date! Owen certainly has some great ideas! [emoji41]

Lucy definitely knows you are going away again. I could see that look in her eye. And to top that off, there were TWO dogs in HER yard! What's a cat to do? [emoji33]

Hope you have a great cruise! Reading this review will make the 16 days until we board Oasis fly by!

That’s my boy. Wouldn’t it be crazy if we booked the next week while on board and did a B2B?

And yes, Lucy doesn’t like them. They are too young and crazy. She likes the other neighbour’s dog. She sits right outside its window, while it barks at her. LOL. They are fine with it.

Hey we are on this cruise too, we are staying at Hyatt as well. Can you remind me of the place you eat next door as we are skipping the lobster place next door since we have the food plan this time and will be indulging all week

Maybe we will see you around or in the diamond lounge, we are celebrating my 52nd bday. We are kim and Jim :):):)

17th Street Grill, also know as Gilbert’s. Happy birthday and see you both onboard.

Wow I am inspired. We are also on Allure doing this itinerary from Miami at the end of November. Now I do have an extra week holiday this year to either carry over to next year or take a cruise before the November cruise! DH loves the flowrider too and now only wants to go on ships with 2 of them.

Book it. Two waves is the only way. We looked at a four night Mariner and after Ricks review it looks amazing. Just one issue, one wave.

Good for you !

I like your family’s spunk !Just the other day, I was having l lunch with three retired friends after our weekly game of golf.

We were talking about work loads and corporate demands that our children are facing and how difficult it can be raising a family these days.

One friend made the comment that if she had to choose between time or money,she would choose time as that once it is spent, it is gone. Money,thankfully for us,can be replenished.

Very glad to hear that you are taking this opportunity !

I hope that your wife,son and you totally enjoy this cruise !:cool::cool::cool:

The closest I came to booking a last minute cruise was last year when my cruise in another line was cancelled 5 days prior and I booked Allure instead. I was freaking out as we were traveling with two other couples so we needed not one, but three cabins, as well as airfare and pre-cruise hotels for all. Somehow managed to get 3 Boardwalk balcony cabins all in same deck and only a couple of cabins from each other. Also managed to make all entertainment reservations other than comedy club. Got a cabana on Labadee as soon as we boarded and dinner reservation for Giovanni’s as well for the night we needed it for a birthday celebration. It was quite the adrenaline rush to have accomplished it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Live now.

Running a mission. Dropping the tractor off for service. They can do it while we’re gone.

b54520ca73a82ff9c710d2531320bcc5.jpg

And guess who showed up again this morning.

7a643802a4de54658fe41a80e2b7b981.jpg

I locked them in the back barn, and their mom had come to get them. They start obedience classes tomorrow. I can only imagine how that’s going to go. LOL

06a7b7fa1996e34e67b65217821666f5.jpg

The list is getting shorter.

The cleaner is in the pool, the Apatio has been leaf blown, the dehumidifiers are emptied, Lucy’s water has been topped up.

24 hours from right now we should be crossing the bridge into Michigan. This is pretty exciting.

This makes the 2.5 months we’ve had to plan our Allure cruise (same itinerary) for October seem leisurely! I’ll be following along for sure, this looks like it’ll be a fun one! Thanks for taking us along!

I booked Serenade out of NOLA 5 days out for a last minute spring break with my daughter several years ago. Only had ocean views left, but it was great! I also tend to book months and months ahead- but muscle memory kicked in and we knew exactly what to pack. The adrenaline rush from a last minute cruise is GREAT and i would do it again in a minute. We were able to drive to NOLA-which made a huge difference

I’m curious, on some of the cabins it shows a filled in diamond and others a triangle, what’s the difference?

Triangle denotes a sofa bed in the room, diamond denotes a sofa bed AND a Pullman bed in the room. Both setups are in addition to the standard twin beds that push together to form a queen.

Edited by happilyafterever

I truly wish sometimes I could plan a last minute cruise. I think the most we have done has been about 6 weeks. Working 2 jobs with one doing schedules out at least 3 weeks in advance doesn't really allow the last minute stuff. So I on the other hand plan years in advance. With one more this year, 3 next year and one in 2020.

This will probably end up being one of your most memorable adventures. Even if things are less than perfect, those tend to be the vacations that we talk about, and laugh about, the most. Have a wonderful time. We’re on this itinerary next March. We have a long 200 days to go. We’ve never been to Roatan, so I’ll be interested in anything you can tell us about that port.

Now for the next instalment of Neighbour News.

Had to stop and say high to other neighbour’s today. They are starting construction. And let’s face, it little boys and big boys love demolition.

The ladies talked about plans and closets while the men talked about the garage.

74e0677be0e4e132637364821d1ce34e.jpg

0d7607857672794a1369f6299672930c.jpg

Back in the early 80's when I was single I would pack a bag and put it in my car before heading off to work on Friday morning. At noon I would "head out to my doctors appointment". Thirty minutes later I would be at the port. In those days you could just walk in to the terminal and if they had any cabins available get a cabin the day of the cruise. On Monday morning I would disembark and be at work 30 minutes later. Quick weekend getaway and no one even knew I was gone.

Triangle denotes a sofa bed in the room, diamond denotes a sofa bed AND a Pullman bed in the room. Both setups are in addition to the standard twin beds that push together to form a queen.

That’s great to hear, we are on the Allure next year and our cabin shows the triangle. I was a bit concerned that we would have a chair that converted into a bed rather than a sofa bed.

You did pack the Imodium right? That’s more important than a passport.

Especially with two ports in Mexico. We aren’t taking a Squatty Potty but I sure don’t want to be riding the porcelain throne for days. I might get some at the drug store in Cozumel along with some ******.

I was considering getting a wrestling mask as well, to show off my late night moves. Call me the D5 Bandito.

Lisa is shaking her head.

Yes Igore, we have created a monster. As for the Mustang I like to go against the grain. If I get another 2006 Ford GT I am going to wrap it like this. Peoples heads will explode.

d82969f76e99556d3e8da0805c6cbaf3.png

Oh that would be way cool.

OT but you should bring the GT down to Road Atlanta for Petit LeMans in October. Oh wait, you have another cruise to go on in October. Rough life.