Last Minute on Allure - Live in D5. August 26th - Sept 2nd.

A&L_Ont

God knows how much $$$$ for last min balcony for 3 plus air.

It wasn’t terrible IMO. They had inside guarantees but we wanted a balcony. As for airfare we have paid more, as well as less, for the same seats 6 months in advance. It is all relative.:)

Owen says, thanks to all for the kind words.

As for the Keg pictures and your favourites, you all had some amazing picks.

Spoiler Alert: if you haven’t eaten, look away.

My App, Lobster gratin. They had salads, to which are hiding in the background.

ec6c2d35d0ff59e3ba1dc10ed10b3db2.jpg

Dip the bread in the butter and cheese after and MMMM.

a89ca8b2e797aadd2c9c7294bb554ef8.jpg

Owen had the NY strip, 12 oz.

f53d17ccb30bdbe7b1b494f78c554d56.jpg

Lisa had the same, change the carbs.

a9b6d9f9bd9944097e8038a151b30e44.jpg

7 oz Petite Filet, for me.

1797d3ef4d24f7eba0f264c28dad6ab0.jpg

Last neighbour update for the review from the drive home. It will be gone tomorrow.

75436c1deb7c35fcc5099e0a17e5e2e3.jpg

So that is really it for tonight. Three bags are zipped and locked, leaving just one for the morning. We are relaxing watching baseball, while Owen’s hockey gear is on the air dryer. In a little while we will be headed up and setting the alarm. 7am departure with a noon flight. Throw in a 2.5 hour drive along with a three hour flight, it will be a long day.

This last minute deal has been great so far. :D

Safe travels tomorrow Andrew and family! And I know you like Gilbert's but if you like Mexican, you should give La Bamba a try. Great people, huge portions, and the best Margaritas and fried ice cream. Right next to Publix and a short 3 minute or so walk from Hyatt. We usually cut through the LA Fitness parking garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Safe travels tomorrow Andrew and family! And I know you like Gilbert's but if you like Mexican, you should give La Bamba a try. Great people, huge portions, and the best Margaritas and fried ice cream. Right next to Publix and a short 3 minute or so walk from Hyatt. We usually cut through the LA Fitness parking garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done that exact walk a few times, right past LaBamba. We have also walked past LaFitness too.

Hey Andrew, looks like I'm going to miss you by a week in October. We're on Harmony the week of the 13th. We usually cruise the following week but my son's school moved fall break up a week this year. One of these times we'll get to shred it up together.

Last minute cruises are the best. Last December we went from not having anything to do over winter break to cruising for New Years in less than 2 weeks.

Hey Andrew, looks like I'm going to miss you by a week in October. We're on Harmony the week of the 13th. We usually cruise the following week but my son's school moved fall break up a week this year. One of these times we'll get to shred it up together.

Last minute cruises are the best. Last December we went from not having anything to do over winter break to cruising for New Years in less than 2 weeks.

Love it. That’s my type of schedule. We are also on Allure, January the 27th (?) and Symphony March 8th(?). Who knows, maybe see you then at the wave.

I’m taking my second cruise ever with DH and our infant DD and we booked 75 days out, which for us is way farther than we usually plan anything, but seems super short notice compared to most cruisers on here who book 1 year or more ahead.

DH’s ideal vacation was to just get in the car and drive somewhere before we had DD, whereas I’m the planner who likes to know where we’re going and what we can do there, and get the best deals and prices on whatever we book.

Suffice it to say, probably 90% of the days since we booked the cruise I’ve been researching or planning things for our trip. It would definitely be stressful but also kind of liberating to just pack up our bags and go on short notice like this!

Maybe once we’re seasoned cruisers it would be more feasible for us to do this! I’ve spent weeks just looking up what’s on the ship and at the ports, since it’s all brand new to us. Cruising with a baby also has spurred a ton of planning.

That’s my boy. Wouldn’t it be crazy if we booked the next week while on board and did a B2B?

If Owen didn't have school starting, it wouldn't surprise me in the least! ;p

Even with school starting, I wouldn't be totally shocked! :eek:

Jealous, yes. Shocked, no! :D

I don't know how you and Lisa managed to get this cruise put together so quickly, and still have time for things like Owen's hockey game and that dinner at The Keg. I want to go there now.

Congratulations, Owen, on scoring that winning goal!

Edited by perfect match

Oh what a feeling, when you are staring at the ceiling.

Really, up since 4am and the alarm is set for 6. Ugh. What time will I be up tomorrow?

This pic is so you know how it feels. You don't know how it feels, to be me.

93320210612579beccb0fc5a1e54e6e8.jpg

When choosing the quality of the last pick I posted, I picked the best. Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you? Nothing but the best for you all.

240f42a9e5b9e78dd894cf1a542a8573.png

Now if you can guess the three musical references in this post, you are at least my age and have varying musical tastes.