What happens in the Meet & Mingle?

MTNMX

Hey there guys!

I'm sailing on the MSC Seaside on October 27th ,Eastern Caribbean, and I would love to know what's happening on the meet & mingle (besides only meeting and mingling of course) ;p like.. are there some snacks or drinks provided and some games? or is it like a normal party with music?

Thanks for the reply and I hope to meet some of you on that event,

Cheers!

Usually attended by the Captain, some of the officers and the cruise director, they will normally chat to people, have a photo taken with the group that is usually sent to your cabin, drinks and nibbles provided.

You could bring the kids, but they'd probably be bored. MSC does a MUCH nicer M&G than other lines I've been on. Captain and some ranking officers are there. They mingle, chat and are interested in your opinions observations of the ship. MUCH nicer refreshments than other lines, too.

You could bring the kids, but they'd probably be bored. MSC does a MUCH nicer M&G than other lines I've been on. Captain and some ranking officers are there. They mingle, chat and are interested in your opinions observations of the ship. MUCH nicer refreshments than other lines, too.

I agree. Was on the ship afew weeks ago and boy did they out do themselves. Great cocktails, and food. And they even had a cake that the Captain cut..

It is really nice. They do it right! We saw plenty of kids that age enjoying the event, meeting the captain, getting a special “drink”. By all means take them, good learning social opportunity to shake captain’s hand, look him in the eye and make a line or two of small talk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto, except for the kids. I would bet they'd love to get a picture taken with the Captain.

Absolutely the best!

This sounds very nice! Does the meet and mingle usually happen on sea days? This is our first time going on MSC and we are anxious to meet the crew and learn about MSC.

It is usually held on the first Sea day. If you are registered you will get an invitation in your stateroom.

Thanks so much for the information 😊

MrDell,

Just make sure you register. Go to the top of this page and click on the Meet & Mingle icon. Enter the appropriate cruise line, ship and sailing date and then your info. The particulars will be delivered to your cabin.

MrDell,

Just make sure you register. Go to the top of this page and click on the Meet & Mingle icon. Enter the appropriate cruise line, ship and sailing date and then your info. The particulars will be delivered to your cabin.

Great!!.. Thank you for all your help.

We did the Meet & Mingle on Seaside last week, just got off Saturday.

We boarded Saturday and had Sun/Mon as sea days. Late Sunday evening we received the Meet & Mingle invitation in our door slot. The invitation was to meet in the Seaview Lounge at 10am the following morning (2nd sea day).

We went and they asked for our stateroom # and checked us off the list. There was an immediate reception with the Cruise Director and the management staff. The captain was not present at our Meet & Mingle.

They had several different types of complimentary cocktails or punch and snacks. They gave a speech and introduced all of the management staff, then cut the cake and passed out the slices. They had everybody gather up for a group photo. We never saw the group photo, so I don't know what they do with it, but unlike past gatherings, we weren't given a copy.

After all that, we stayed a while and chatted with different guests. There were several who have a crap-ton of cruises under their belts and were such a wealth of knowledge. One couple was on their 161st cruise! If you're the one and are reading this - hats off to you! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and information with us.

I don't think you'll have as enjoyable time if you just keep to yourselves, so even though it's hard to just strike up conversations - do it anyway! That's what most people are there for, they're just waiting for someone to break the ice. Everyone we talked to was enjoyable and super nice.

When registering for my cruise’s Meet and Mingle, I was the first one (Dec 30 sailing on Divina). It says they will hold a M&M if as many as 6 people sign up. Presumably, it could be just the six people in my party (2 cabins) enjoying the party with the crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Meet & Mingle on Seaside last week, just got off Saturday.

We boarded Saturday and had Sun/Mon as sea days. Late Sunday evening we received the Meet & Mingle invitation in our door slot. The invitation was to meet in the Seaview Lounge at 10am the following morning (2nd sea day).

We went and they asked for our stateroom # and checked us off the list. There was an immediate reception with the Cruise Director and the management staff. The captain was not present at our Meet & Mingle.

They had several different types of complimentary cocktails or punch and snacks. They gave a speech and introduced all of the management staff, then cut the cake and passed out the slices. They had everybody gather up for a group photo. We never saw the group photo, so I don't know what they do with it, but unlike past gatherings, we weren't given a copy.

After all that, we stayed a while and chatted with different guests. There were several who have a crap-ton of cruises under their belts and were such a wealth of knowledge. One couple was on their 161st cruise! If you're the one and are reading this - hats off to you! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and information with us.

I don't think you'll have as enjoyable time if you just keep to yourselves, so even though it's hard to just strike up conversations - do it anyway! That's what most people are there for, they're just waiting for someone to break the ice. Everyone we talked to was enjoyable and super nice.

On Divinia the picture was kind of strange - it arrived like the 2nd to last day. I'd have to check but I think only one of our two rooms got one. It was a nice gesture though and the party was great. Sounds like they have same type of party on Seaside.