how to book a refundable deposit cruise?

z4ltw

I have already booked a refundable cruise on Freedom of the Seas, but I was on RCCL website to look at current pricing to see if it's dropped, but I don't see anywhere to book/see a refundable deposit cruise.... I booked the cruise previously while on board via nextcruise

thanks

I have already booked a refundable cruise on Freedom of the Seas, but I was on RCCL website to look at current pricing to see if it's dropped, but I don't see anywhere to book/see a refundable deposit cruise.... I booked the cruise previously while on board via nextcruise

thanks

Try filling in the passenger info and going to the next step. They used to have the website programmed that way, before they would display a checkbox to get the refundable prices.

Disregard my question, I just found the answer after doing a better search on these boards....apparently you have to go thru all of the motions of actually booking a cruise before you see how much of an additional fee they add to the cruise for doing refundable deposit! You need to fill in your passengers names and advance to the next page and then you'll see it.... what a PITA!

I was fake booking cruises in 2020 and they never showed the refundable deposit price. I had to ask my Big Box TA to ask for them. I will switch to non-refundable sometime next year when there's a good promo with decent obc offered.

There are disadvantages to that Non refundable, I had to move our Allure sailings before we were notified by RCCL and lost the deposits and only got back $300 FCC. I will meet with my TA tomorrow as they tell me I need to book a cruise by next August. We are on one in March 2019 and the Freedom B2B in 2020, no way can I squeeze one in between them financially and the daughter can only get off for the March 2019 sailing not another soon after it.

There are disadvantages to that Non refundable, I had to move our Allure sailings before we were notified by RCCL and lost the deposits and only got back $300 FCC. I will meet with my TA tomorrow as they tell me I need to book a cruise by next August. We are on one in March 2019 and the Freedom B2B in 2020, no way can I squeeze one in between them financially and the daughter can only get off for the March 2019 sailing not another soon after it.

Gay, you should be able to apply that FCC to one of the cruises that you already have booked. Your travel agent should also be pushing Royal to waive the $100pp fee since they are the ones that closed the bookings.

Ken I am meeting with my TA in the morning and she will call into Royal to hopefully get it applied to our 2020 bookings even though they are stating in the email and Certificate that it can't be extended. I will give you an update. I forwarded to her the email & Certificate so she can look it over. There still has been no news on the Allure's April 2020 cruises being canceled

Gay

If your TA had just let your booking sit until you got notified by RC and you cancelled you would not have been out any $$

If your TA had just let your booking sit until you got notified by RC and you cancelled you would not have been out any $$

Agree, your TA dropped the ball on this one.

At the least she could have transferred the Allure reservation to your new sailing and you wouldn’t have the FCC to deal with. Even better would have been as Ellen suggested and leave it and you woulndnt have been put any money.

Once this cruise gets officially moved I would be on the phone with Roysl and explain the situation and that you cancelled after the sailing was closed. Hopefully they waive the penalties.

I was fake booking cruises in 2020 and they never showed the refundable deposit price. I had to ask my Big Box TA to ask for them. I will switch to non-refundable sometime next year when there's a good promo with decent obc offered.

IF there is a good promo.

Molly & Ken, I am not blaming my TA, she told me to wait, this is on me. I was afraid I would lose a good balcony location on the Freedom. Upon checking right before I asked her to move us there were only 4 rooms showing available on Deck 8. She was on the phone with them over 30 minutes even speaking with a Supervisor to get the Deposit moved over but they refused to do so. Nothing has come from Royal yet on what is happening with the Allure for April. All the information I have received has been via CC.

Gay

Molly & Ken we spoke with Customer Service from RCCL and upon receipt of the 2nd Certificate each in the amount of 300 (150 PP ) from our past Bookings on the two Allure sailings for April 19 & 26th of 2020, my TA is to call in before Cert expires to have a total of 600 FCC applied to the two Freedom sailings for March 1 & 8 of 2020. Good news.

Gay

Disregard my question, I just found the answer after doing a better search on these boards....apparently you have to go thru all of the motions of actually booking a cruise before you see how much of an additional fee they add to the cruise for doing refundable deposit! You need to fill in your passengers names and advance to the next page and then you'll see it.... what a PITA!
Wait it's not over they will nag you to finish your booking, kinda creepy.:eek:

Molly & Ken we spoke with Customer Service from RCCL and upon receipt of the 2nd Certificate each in the amount of 300 (150 PP ) from our past Bookings on the two Allure sailings for April 19 & 26th of 2020, my TA is to call in before Cert expires to have a total of 600 FCC applied to the two Freedom sailings for March 1 & 8 of 2020. Good news.

Gay

Why didn't your agent just leave the booking on the Allure and wait until Royal cancelled it? Nothing would stop you from making a reservation on the Freedom and paying the deposit, which sounds like what you did. You wouldn't have been out any money, if your agent hadn't cancelled the Allure and you wouldn't be messing with FCC's, since you'd have gotten a refund for the full amount.

Little Buddy's Mom, you are correct, that is how I should have done it, lesson learned. Having never been in this situation before, I was more concerned with losing good rooms on the Freedom and didn't think of keeping the Allure sailings alone until RCCL notified me. My TA told me to wait and see what happens. I think of only 1 other time that I moved our Reservations because I decided a different itinerary was better for us, there the deposits were just moved over and kept same booking # I am wondering when we will learn what the Allure is doing in April of 2020. She has been off the site to book for the month of

April 2020 a good month now

Gay

I ask myself with everything I read on CC from many here about what to do and friends I have sailed with from CC, I should have known better and wonder how I dealt with my husbands heart attack last Sept on the Serenade but can't even think a simple reservation through. :)

Gay