LIVE BLOG! From the EQUINOX - AUG 25th Sailing - CHICAGOPAUL

chicagopaul

I prefer going on an M class ship and docking inside the floating bridge. It's also fun to be on the bridge when it opens or closes. I thought it was a bit of a hike from this mooring spot.

The M Class can dock inside the floating bridge?!! That sounds wonderful! I’d love that. I’ve been here three times but only on S Class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I’ve just spent all morning reading your blogs. I’m from the UK and am cruising for the first time in March. I have now walked around the ship with you and Edward in my head lol. I will get lost when actually on board! I am looking forward to the many drinks I will consume (all of our party like a tipple!) thank you so much and I look forward to the next instalment. Ps happy belated anniversary ❤️❤️

Nenad is the Jewel of Celebrity.Hope is a promotion from head of staff of Luminae to Maitre D' of Murano.

When we were on Eclipse in December, Nenad prepared at our table when we were in Murano. He has a style and finesse that had many of the servers watching in awe.

Nenad had mentioned to us that, while he was the Maître D’ in Luminae for our cruise, he had been the Maître D’ in Muranro for 14 years prior to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last night dinner was in...Murano.

Nenad came over to us and asked us if he could make us something and had an idea for a starter. He asked us if we liked shrimp and the answer is of course yes. So table side he prepared shrimp with bacon, shallots, garlic, and an olive oil / balsamic emulsion. It was served on a plate with a couple small portions of risotto. It was very simple but excellent. Lots of flavor but light and clean. Then we both had the veal.

For wine we started with our Chardonnay (that is all Edward ended up having last night with regard to wine) and then I had a recommendation from our sommelier which was the Ridge Zinfandel which is off the menu but available for the 5 senses menu in Murano. It is a dry Zin, very similar to the Prisoner if you know that wine. I loved it. We skipped dessert and only had coffee / tea.

85e1a75ab9f5721cf9643589d6da23ac.jpg

bc81cdc02b6f9c8ba6bf787eb0fa8d93.jpg

0fdd15ebd7c74b5d0ce6609b3596ce84.jpg

85ce8d953a10bdadba81b3d0a72248da.jpg

Paul,

You and Edward seem to be having a wonderful time. The food looks delicious. We appreciate you giving us a preview of our Equinox cruise. 14 Days and counting (literally like every minute)!:D:D

One item to note is that Caymus is now available by the glass for $25. So only $10 extra (plus grat). We will definitely be ordering a great deal of it. The Napa Chardonnay I had in Murano by the glass was also excellent. Here is a photo of the wine list by the glass.

3a286e18e24f15cabfa16c239a233239.jpg

After dinner we went up to the Sunset bar, had a cigar and a few after dinner drinks. It was beautiful night with a full moon. We met another cruise critic member and really enjoyed the conversation.

625b2783525d1e92942685e28fb07736.jpg

fb08f1bb542aca6e092d67bdc90272bf.jpg

Today the weather in Key West is beautiful. It was going to rain according to the weather report but it turned out great. We plan to get off in about 20/30 minutes and grab lunch and a drink.

f9b95166c9ae1a70ca9a54781f7f1964.jpg

fb021007ba1b15845249c6a694fdbed6.jpg

Is Caymus only available in that restaurant or can it be ordered in the dining room?

DH will be so jazzed about being able to smoke cigars at the Sunset Bar!

Last night dinner was in...Murano.

Nenad came over to us and asked us if he could make us something and had an idea for a starter. He asked us if we liked shrimp and the answer is of course yes. So table side he prepared shrimp with bacon, shallots, garlic, and an olive oil / balsamic emulsion. It was served on a plate with a couple small portions of risotto. It was very simple but excellent. Lots of flavor but light and clean. Then we both had the veal.

For wine we started with our Chardonnay (that is all Edward ended up having last night with regard to wine) and then I had a recommendation from our sommelier which was the Ridge Zinfandel which is off the menu but available for the 5 senses menu in Murano. It is a dry Zin, very similar to the Prisoner if you know that wine. I loved it. We skipped dessert and only had coffee / tea.

85e1a75ab9f5721cf9643589d6da23ac.jpg

bc81cdc02b6f9c8ba6bf787eb0fa8d93.jpg

0fdd15ebd7c74b5d0ce6609b3596ce84.jpg

85ce8d953a10bdadba81b3d0a72248da.jpg

Very nice pic of the two of you!

OMG, Ridge. DH belongs to their wine club. He'll be over the moon that we can drink it on the ship!

Hi ChicagoPaul! You guys are living the life right now, thanks for inviting us along :) We are on Equinox in November for our first time... I can't hardly wait! Just curious, have you tried the Silent Disco? That will be new for us. Sounds fun to me, just hoping my dh will get out there with me! One other thing, I Love Bloody Mary's, are you still planning to post Edward's photo? Enjoy every moment! Hugs!

We're on the same cruise and my DH is hard to drag onto the dance floor so I'll be up to dancing with you! LOL

So last night we started at the Martini Bar if you remember my few pictures I posted. We went to the production show Topper. The singers were very good. Costumes were beautiful. It was a nice break from the martini bar.

After the show we decided to try the MDR for dinner. We needed a break from Murano and Edward wasn’t feeling his best anyway. We waited in line a few minutes around 8:15. We received a window table for 2 right away. Table 451. Nelson was the waiter. Tanya was our sommelier and she was fantastic. Very quick and extremely attentive. We only ordered a starter and an entree. Service was quick, food was good. I was impressed.

I started with the Tuna Poke which I enjoyed. It was simple but good flavor. Decent quality tuna especially for a main dining room. I then had the Moroccon Spiced Lamb kabob. The lamb was cooked a bit more than I would have personally liked but the flavor was great. The “salad” which was really grains with spices was placed beneath the kabob and very tasty. The yogurt sauce that came with it was very flavorful. I’d definitely order it again.

Edward had the tomato and Gorgonzola pasta. He liked it. Overall we were very happy with our MDR experience. The table next to us had multiple special requests regarding no butter, gluten free, different side vegetables and the wait staff was very accommodating. They recommended lots of different options, explained how they could bring out different sauces for some dishes etc. I was very impressed. I’m not sure how consistent this is and I know it can vary with different wait staff, but just wanted to share my experience!

19540ee7c17f8178c956339758530f90.jpg

f9f4a62ba7af2db59c69f1a4b57b7248.jpg

504a6ecb5f40fbd55e2bce8990a8301f.jpg

It’s only 1:30 but we’re back on board. All on board is at 3:30. In Bonaire today we decided to go to a place on the water called Karel’s on the recommendation of Bob and Kathy. It is a quick 8 / 10 minute walk (less or more depending on your energy) from the ship. You simply make a left out of the port, stay along the water and you’ll run right into it. You’ll see the water taxi sign and the white tent looking cover.

We had a table by the water in the sun and then before our food came a better table by the water but in the shade opened up so we switched. We had ceviche to share and I had the crusted Mahi Mahi and Edward had the chicken sandwich. We both had a couple Heinekens. Total bill was $55 before tip. Food was good quality and it was a great atmosphere. It was great watching the fish and birds. The staff would throw leftover French fries in the water and they’d be snatched up by the fish and birds in a matter of seconds.

After this we just walked back to the ship. We have the helipad sail away on the helipad at 3:45 today which we are looking forward to.

ffcd1c78d6cec1dd846163ae8e397d57.jpg

4686e11c2ac95a86dac4de7c1ec530cb.jpg

23dc5eae51042d63bc0cbed39d4fc790.jpg

f13748b92d35b079e0866818cd7afada.jpg

0fa1cf49752f2c3768535dec3b9a603c.jpg

19ca4836c3ca1ee5d265c6c2a7150fd5.jpg

So enjoying you "Live Blog!"

Do you know if it is possible to get a martini with blue cheese stuffed olives?

TIA!

I will ask. I know in the past the answer had been no. I only remember seeing them one time. Though, we prefer a twist in our martinis so we haven’t investigated it that much.

Paul, on another thread someone said she had received information about "A Taste of Film" for her October Equinox cruise. Have you any information on this? I haven't seen anything offered like this for our Sept. 24 Equinox cruise, nor did I see anything like this on our Equinox July Back to back cruises. This apparently is see a movie and have snacks that fit with the movie theme.

Norma I gotta say everyone I mention your name they know you instantly and their eyes light up. Everyone loves you and having cruised with you multiple times I know why! You’re a wonderful person! Thank you so much for following my blog, commenting, and commenting on Facebook. I so hope we meet again soon.

Santo’s remembered you right away! Here are some photos from world class

716e61812bec62542a6c60035c0e4938.jpg

3cbbd356c6478f8f0a2f670c4fd119fe.jpg

0cc6f52389905bd3287e30d8941b0300.jpg

I met Santos and Taz in April 2010 on a Panama Canal Cruise, they are the BEST!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will ask. I know in the past the answer had been no. I only remember seeing them one time. Though, we prefer a twist in our martinis so we haven’t investigated it that much.

Thanks Paul! While I prefer the blue cheese stuffed olives I can always make do with a twist and a whisper of vermouth;p

I would suggest you bring your own olives, my friend that I travel with always carries them on a cruise. I think in all the cruises we have only seem them one time.

Norma

Thanks Paul! While I prefer the blue cheese stuffed olives I can always make do with a twist and a whisper of vermouth;p

Our local liquor store posted this today and I thought ... Paul would like this! Try it tomorrow morning perhaps ...

How to make a French Sunrise!

1.5 oz Grey Goose vodka

1 oz St-Germain Liqueur

1 oz fresh grapefruit juice

2 oz Martini Prosecco DOC

Grapefruit wedges

Fill wine glass w/ ice. Add vodka & liqueur. Add grapefruit juice. Top w/ Prosecco. Stir, garnish w/ wedges & stir stick.

Sent from my iPad using Forums