Why all the space hogging photos with so many threads?

jagsfan

I don’t know how or when they started, but I half to scroll down past photos attached to the top of almost every thread.

I read CC on my iPhone, and am limited to about ten threads under “unread”.

Half the space is taken up with photos used as illustrations, seemingly stock illustrations from who knows where.

Is CC automatically adding them?

If so, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

they are two ways to fix this issue:

1) from the cruise critic website in your browser: Click on your name in the top right corner and click on User Control Panel. Under Settings & Options click on Edit Options. Scroll down until you see Number of Posts to Show Per Page and change that to a higher number

2) from the Forums app: Click on the hamburger menu(the 3 lines symbol) and then click on Settings. In settings change Posts Per change to high number

Not seeing anything like that on my iPhone??? [emoji848]

Just fixed it on my iPad. In the settings you can turn off the image previews. If it’s the same as on my ipad, use the arrow on the top left of the screen to get all the way back and then you will see the “hamburger” menu on the top right. Go to settings from there and switch off the image previews.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I went to settings and turned off image preview.

Increased the number of posts from 10 to 30.

Unread, which shows 482, still only gives me 19 posts and stops.

Oh well, I spend too much time on Cruise Critic, anyway!

This only happens on the forum app, not on a web browser

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

I have been having many problems with the CC app which is managed by Tapatalk.

First the participated threads weren’t appearing for several weeks; then photos from posted links appeared & had to turn off that default option; now it’s continuously overriding my change to not add a signature. These have been happening on all of my mobile devices. :(

Tapatalk needs to fix the problems when using the CC or Tapatalk apps.

Just fixed it on my iPad. In the settings you can turn off the image previews. If it’s the same as on my ipad, use the arrow on the top left of the screen to get all the way back and then you will see the “hamburger” menu on the top right. Go to settings from there and switch off the image previews.

Thanks for the info! Got them off my phone!

Thank you so much.

I’m glad I didn’t just suffer in silence. At my age I can’t do that any more. [emoji847]

I have been having many problems with the CC app which is managed by Tapatalk.

First the participated threads weren’t appearing for several weeks; then photos from posted links appeared & had to turn off that default option; now it’s continuously overriding my change to not add a signature. These have been happening on all of my mobile devices. :(

Tapatalk needs to fix the problems when using the CC or Tapatalk apps.

Frank...

Try doing what I did on my iPhone and iPad: Delete whichever Tapatalk app you're using. Turn off the device. Restart after at least one minute and reinstall the app.

You'll need to log into your CC account and might have to adjust settings again.

Hope it works for you too...

Photos are great, but part of the problem when people quote the post it copies the photos as well, which is a bad idea and a know a few post where the photos have been copies many times.

Don

Oh my gosh YES!! I love reading reviews but when someone insists on copying all the photo's the OP has included, it becomes tiresome to scan through them a second or third time. Just comment on the pics... don't repost them a million times. Ok, thanks, I'll get off my soap box now.

Oh my gosh YES!! I love reading reviews but when someone insists on copying all the photo's the OP has included, it becomes tiresome to scan through them a second or third time. Just comment on the pics... don't repost them a million times. Ok, thanks, I'll get off my soap box now.

That’s irritating, but what I was asking about was the photo attached to each thread, and they weren’t photos the OPs took, they were stick photos.

Going into settings and turning off image previews eliminated them.

There is no way to prevent people from quoting a post that includes personal photos. They don’t realize they can clean up the quote to just show the applicable portion.

Thanks for that information. Wonderful all done and now no intruding images on the thread titles page

It was really VERY frustrating to have to scroll down a totally irrelevant one and a half screen map of Abu Dhabi (on the '21 October 2018 - London to Singapore' thread) in order to get to the threads for cruises I am actually travelling on.

Many thanks indeed, it was even more annoying than the auto posts relating to people who:

a) don't even know a post has been made in their name without their knowledge (to be honest I'm not sure that impersonation of this nature is legal in some territories - not that it is a really big issue )

and more importantly

b) are never going to participate in the roll call and are just ignored by most members of a Roll Call.

Thanks for this information have now deleted the photos

Frank...

Try doing what I did on my iPhone and iPad: Delete whichever Tapatalk app you're using. Turn off the device. Restart after at least one minute and reinstall the app.

You'll need to log into your CC account and might have to adjust settings again.

Hope it works for you too...

Thanks Lew...the recurring addition of a signature is affecting my iPad but not my iPhone. Followed your suggestion but the problem continues to exist. This happened previously & eventually the problem disappeared.