Entry Into Concierge Lounge On Embark Day

PeeBee2

By way of celebration for our 55th wedding anniversary and as a surprise for my wife, I have just paid for an upgrade to a GS on NOS. I note that the Navigator has a Concierge Lounge and wondered how you gain access to it if you have managed to board early and are not able to immediately go to your suite to collect your sea pass to gain access ?.

I have seen reference to this exact situation on this site but cant find the post now.

Put your seapass in the access slot.

Hi GrannyBush,thanks for the reply but I am looking at the scenerio where I will have boarded as soon as possible (1030am) and I assume our suite will not be available and so wont be able to immediately collect the sea pass /key for the lounge.

They don't have their Seapass, read the OP's post.

I'd try knocking on the door. Unless they have installed bar code scanners on the CL door, I don't know how one would get in before they have their SeaPass card.

You’ll be given your seapass in the terminal before you board the ship and this will give you access to the Lounge until your can get in your suite

Oh,right. I was under the impression that the sea passes would be in our suite when we got there.

Paul

You’ll be given your seapass in the terminal before you board the ship and this will give you access to the Lounge until your can get in your suite
RCI is slowly changing over slowly to using your setsail pass with bar-code to board ship and putting your seapass in your room or on your room door. Edited by FLACRUISER99

If they are on the ship they have their seapass. I wasn’t talking to you.

On many ships, you will not receive your SeaPass Card until you are able to go to your cabin. It was this way on Harmony and Allure....not sure about Navigator.

If you don't have your card when you board, you will have your printed SetSail Pass. Keep this with you until you get your card. You can show it at the Lounge and they will let you in.

So if you are on one of the ship where you get your seapass card in the room I guess you can't access the CL until then. The concierge is not there until later in the afternoon

That would be my guess.

I'd try knocking on the door. Unless they have installed bar code scanners on the CL door, I don't know how one would get in before they have their SeaPass card.

Hi Bob, I'm sure I saw in a posting on here somewhere that a poster said he had actually gone and knocked on the door to gain access and yet another poster said a member of staff in a nearby bar gained access for him. Sorry I dont know what ship or when this was. But of course all this is academic if you are given your sea pass at check in as that solves the question I posed and other queries like making purchases.

On many ships, you will not receive your SeaPass Card until you are able to go to your cabin. It was this way on Harmony and Allure....not sure about Navigator.

If you don't have your card when you board, you will have your printed SetSail Pass. Keep this with you until you get your card. You can show it at the Lounge and they will let you in.

Think it's only those 2 ships, might be 2 more of the newer ships. All the rest of them will have card while boarding. When I sailed Royal 30yrs ago all room keys were in the room, guess whats old is new again. Back then you boarded and could go straight to your room... Knock on the CL if locked and don't have card yet...

If they are on the ship they have their seapass. I wasn’t talking to you.

Not on all ships.

On some, you now board with your Set Sail pass and get your Sea Pass when you get to your cabin.

And yes, I AM talking to YOU.

So if you are on one of the ship where you get your seapass card in the room I guess you can't access the CL until then. The concierge is not there until later in the afternoon

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Hmmm, every time I have gone to the lounge on embark, the Concierge was there.

On other days, they will be there based on the posted hours.

Thank you all for your very helpful replies. I am fairly confident now that we will receive our sea pass as we board and so wont have any problem.clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Paul

One way to tell is, were you able to just do one Set Sail for the group, or did you need to print separate Set Sail for each person.

If one for everyone, you will have your Sea Pass when you board. If there is one Set Sail per person, you will not get your Sea Pass until you get to your stateroom.

Hi GrannyBush,thanks for the reply but I am looking at the scenerio where I will have boarded as soon as possible (1030am) and I assume our suite will not be available and so wont be able to immediately collect the sea pass /key for the lounge.

Not sure where you are leaving from but I have never boarded that early. 10:30 is very early to be on board.