ALLURE // LIVE REVIEW / Sept. 2-9 Sail Away With Meee?

When we cruised Oasis two years ago, my DH broke his collarbone two weeks before we cruised. He had surgery to repair said very badly broken collarbone nine days before we cruised. Needless to say, he was not up to doing very much, one of the things he really did enjoy was sitting out on our Boardwalk balcony watching the people and the various activities that go on there. The balcony is not that big, but there was plenty of room for him to be comfortable out there. We had a table and two chairs that we moved around based on which way he wanted to be looking. I'm sure your Mom will enjoy it on the balcony.

I love your *deep superman voice*! :D

So far, DH has managed to avoid breaking his collarbone prior to this Oasis sailing. I think there will be a lot more things he will enjoy doing this time around other than hanging out on our Boardwalk balcony and spending time with our friends, Michelle and Bill. They aren't sailing with us this time, so we will miss them. Instead, they are sailing with you. I wish this week would have worked for us because if it did, we would be boarding with you tomorrow. If you meet them, tell them I'm following your live review. Michelle is abcnme here on CC.

This time on Oasis we will be in a hump JS on deck 10. I know you are on a different ship and different deck, but the rooms and balconies should be pretty similar. I'm hoping you will post some pictures of your JS to get me even more excited than I already am about Oasis next week. As if I need to get any more excited......

Hello Michelle! Hello Bill! Tell them I’ll be the one making the pterodactyl mating calls. I expect them to respond back. But if we do run into each other, I will certainly say hola!

Also, I will SPAM the heck out of this board with cabin photos, just you wait. I got you. No worries! :)

Note to self: skip Jaxons. Use money saved to buy more Bluebell.

Yaaasss. I’m glad I can say “I did it,” but when we first pulled up and saw the lines (ridiculous lines!), I was the first one to say, “uhh.... Dairy Queen, anyone?”. You can get an entire gallon of Blue Bell for the price of one scoop at Jaxson’s. Also, you don’t even get to eat your ice cream INSIDE, or even SEE THE INSIDE unless you wait in the separate, even longer, “I want to eat inside” line. The other line is the “get ur ice cream and gtho of here” line. Boo.

Try the Renaissance on 17th next time you are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks for the suggestion! Sounds like a good one. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are preparing for your arrival. Enjoy your week on board and I will be following along.

2300a025dc8fe8413a7d84aa8408b5be.jpg

JR better still be slinging milkshakes after having you on board! My body is ready.

Thanks so much, Andrew! Safe flight home for all of y’all.

Most adorable family, you guys. It’s Andrew’s.

Shuttle ride was 20 minutes (we stopped at a Hyatt to pick up more people). Celine Dion’s song from the movie “Titanic” was played. Awk. It was pouring! Pouring, I say! At one point - Juan - the bus driver was going 23 MPH on the highway.

Shuttle was very convenient though, and definitely worth the $10. He un-packed our bags as well and the porters picked them right up, we didn’t have to do any lifting.

Here’s a photo of Allure through the pouring rain:

9886c9459c56723a0377f5282aaa43db.jpg

Suite line for boarding was the quickest we’ve everrrr had. We’ve been sitting in the “Suite Lounge” for 10 minutes now, and it’s just 10:30! Woot. Here’s a photo of the suite lounge:

aaa8e4d17e56acf211ad33dd2739894e.jpg

Just missed you. We started disembarkation at 9:30 and we exited customs at 10:15. Disembarkation today was awful. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a delayed embarkation but we are just the slumps getting off.

Just to add to my sadness we had to walk through a 3 inch river of water to get to the taxi line. At least the rain stopped.

We saw Dexter and Dudley on the away off the ship. Enjoy Allure and your “suite” [emoji6] lifestyle.

Just missed you. We started disembarkation at 9:30 and we exited customs at 10:15. Disembarkation today was awful. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a delayed embarkation but we are just the slumps getting off.

Just to add to my sadness we had to walk through a 3 inch river of water to get to the taxi line. At least the rain stopped.

We saw Dexter and Dudley on the away off the ship. Enjoy Allure and your “suite” [emoji6] lifestyle.

Ugh, that is lame. Fingers crossed it’s not like that next week, but I’m also crossing my fingers I never have to get off!

Who are Dexter and Dudley?!

Also, I sea ([emoji6]) what you did there. [emoji57]

LOL viva chipotle

VIVA LÁ CHIPOTLEEE

You, my friend, have spawned the quote of my trip.

Ugh, that is lame. Fingers crossed it’s not like that next week, but I’m also crossing my fingers I never have to get off!

Who are Dexter and Dudley?!

Also, I sea ([emoji6]) what you did there. [emoji57]

Dexter and Dudley are the Suite Concierges but alas you appear to be in a JS. That being said it is huuuuge. Walk into that closet and swing your arms around. Not gonna hit anything. Jealous, big time. You are down there, some where.

Enjoy it, as I slowly fade into obscurity.

c1215bcfe11205220c8878f1f3a82901.jpg

8d708099e9eafe9a5d1d05ce05e42b77.jpg

Dexter and Dudley are the Suite Concierges but alas you appear to be in a JS. That being said it is huuuuge. Walk into that closet and swing your arms around. Not gonna hit anything. Jealous, big time. You are down there, some where.

Enjoy it, as I slowly fade into obscurity.

Our balcony is Port side! I’m waving at you! Wearing a black and white striped shirt.

And oh, yeah, we’re not cool enough for that class yet. Give us a few years! [emoji23]

F^2 and A have room 14229, a CP Balcony. To all of our surprise - it has a DOUBLE balcony! Much bigger than our JS hump balcony! So if you want a CP balcony, get 14229. I couldn’t get a full photo of it, cause awko taco angles and positioning, but it’s HUGE!

IMG_3659.thumb.JPG.696561f031cf3b04e2b77b3177469e08.JPG

Hi. My mom, sister and I will be on the Allure 2/5/19. 1st time on oasis class. Not soon enough. I see your F^2 is in a CP Balcony room. We have a CP balcony 11593. A 1J category. Wondering how much drawer and closet space are in these rooms. Although we have gotten better each time we cruise on what we bring, none of us are the lightest of packers. Any info/pic's you can give on storage would be appreciated. Enjoy your cruise, I'll be following along enjoying your posts. Patti

Meg,

Since you are such a barbecue lover I have to apologize now for all the rain your are experiencing. You see, every time my husband cranks up the smokers in our yard we are guaranteed to have a monsoon. Right now there is an 8 pound brisket, a huge pork butt and 6 racks of ribs out there.

Shout out (!!!) to Andrew for posting about the peanut-butter milkshakes at JR. When we all went in, they said all they have are “chocolate, vanilla, and strawberrry”. I asked for peanut-butter AND chocolate mixed together - not anything he mentioned - and he took care of me. IT LITERALLY TASTES LIKE SMOOTH LIQUID REESES CANDY! Super great dude. Told me to come back. Little does he know that I’ll be seeing him multiple times a day and we’ll be BFFs by the end of this thing. [emoji57]

ce16b651b2f2e9dfcd15179eb4904e08.jpg

60a9c2680623f8a00952407f2155a8bf.jpg

Meg,

Since you are such a barbecue lover I have to apologize now for all the rain your are experiencing. You see, every time my husband cranks up the smokers in our yard we are guaranteed to have a monsoon. Right now there is an 8 pound brisket, a huge pork butt and 6 racks of ribs out there.

Oh, that was you making all that rain?!! Honestly, we enjoyed it once we were onboard. No one was at the pool bar/around the chairs out there and so we had the entirety of it to ourselves. Was lovely.

You enjoy that butt, now! [emoji6]

Hi. My mom, sister and I will be on the Allure 2/5/19. 1st time on oasis class. Not soon enough. I see your F^2 is in a CP Balcony room. We have a CP balcony 11593. A 1J category. Wondering how much drawer and closet space are in these rooms. Although we have gotten better each time we cruise on what we bring, none of us are the lightest of packers. Any info/pic's you can give on storage would be appreciated. Enjoy your cruise, I'll be following along enjoying your posts. Patti

Hi Patti! The two of them ran out of closet space and they just brought classy clothes for 4 planned specialty dinner nights. So, essentially, 8 outfits (between one man and one woman) filled the entirety of the closet. The space in the drawers was the exact same - I believe - as what we experienced on Oasis last year in an OV Balcony. I wish I could have taken photos before they un-packed everything, but now they have, and I don’t wanna shoot photos with their personal items there. They both packed what I would say is moderate/average, and their drawers still have left over room.

Now, if you could squeeze a JS into the budget, I think that would be HUGELY worth it. As others have said - the JS room/closet/space is ginormous compared to a normal room. Just walking through F^2 and A’s room after being in our JS made me feel cramped. Plus in a JS, you get a curtain room divider that allows person #3 some privacy. Just a thought!

Thank you for following along! :)

Wow...great room. So much space to walk around. And you get a real shower! Nice!

I freakin’ KNOW! Ahhhhh! I don’t think we’ll ever go back to a normal balcony after this. We have seen the light, and we love it.

There is a Mission BBQ at Waters & Anderson near the Veterans.

Oh goodness, we’ll have to check that one out! Thanks for the pro tip.