ALLURE // LIVE REVIEW / Sept. 2-9 Sail Away With Meee?

Dropped the pupper off at MIL’s. I’m not crying, you’re crying. [emoji24]

b792caee5dc90e7c23bd1ce699ed6c62.jpg

...and now we’re on the Sunshine Skyway heading south! Here we cooome, Ft. Meyers.

732ec901f141c7b5def2e645588a2ebb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will going through the same sadness in 3 weeks when we leave my Bella behind :( Be sure to bring her a present home!

Sorry for being absent! I’ve been playing DD all night. First, we went to: Chronic Tacos. I’m personally not a fan. It was our first time going, and I just didn’t find the food to be anything noteworthy. I think it was $18 for both of us to have tacos/a burrito bowl. Josh got a few beers at the bar that is connected, and so did our friends we’re staying with. They seemed to enjoy the beer, but seeing as I don’t really drink, that wasn’t a huge thing for me. I will say this - there was some kind of “live music” going on that was utterly terrible. We were sitting at the farthest table away from the stage, and STILL could barely communicate with the person next to us. Ugh. Anyways, here’s a photo of what I got (burrito bowl - and yus, I love sour cream):

IMG_3556.thumb.JPG.d6334bcf6f722dbb24552e3d884b32e5.JPG

We then headed to Total Wine so that those whom drink in the group could get some - well, uh, alcohol - for the rest of the night. Here’s what they ended up choosing, not pictured some 6-packs of beers:

b0bfcf12f6209df1e5bc919f2c68640c.jpg

Apparently the blue bottle is “sherry,” and it was everyone’s first time trying. Comments most heard were, “ugh, this tastes like cough syrup”. Keep in mind everyone here is early to mid-twenties. Ha.

Aaaaaand now, now we’re playing Cards Against Humanity. Because, being yourself around your best friends and laughing your butts off at the stupid stuff people come up with... is priceless.

a4228235b55eafdfd252a9c335d2870e.jpg

We’ll be leaving Ft. Myers tomorrow probably early afternoon, and head down to Ft. Lauderdale. As mentioned earlier - we’ll be staying at the Springhill Marriot. We’re meeting up with our family members there (they’re staying in the same hotel), so I’ve no idea what’s on the schedule. Other than “Jaxson’s,” which I hear is basically the best ice cream shop in all of the United States. Other than being both a BBQ, and tacos connoisseur, I’m also an ice cream connoisseur. So I’ll report back!

And with that, it’s time to call it a night. We is tiiired, and I have a little bit of work to get done tomorrow before heading south. *groans*

G’nignt, everyone! Hope it’s magical.

Here I was worried about how I was going to get through the last week before we board Oasis. Andrew, Lisa, and Owen will be done on Allure, so you have shown up just in time! Besides, we have friends who will be cruising with you. We wish we could have changed to this sailing, but the dates just didn't work for us. Now, with your live review, we can do this Allure sailing as a virtual cruise, and still board Oasis the day you get off Allure for our real life cruise on Oasis! It's a win-win situation! :cool:

So—... I’m pretty sure multi-quoting from the iPhone Cruise Critic app is not possible? Or does someone know a way? I’m a noob, I know. Forgive me. If I can’t do multi-quote from the phone, I’ll just respond old-school ways with an “@username” type ordeal. *shrugs*

Anyways. I wanted to mention up front that this is a multi-generation cruise (family-wise). I’ll have - of course - myself and Josh to report on, and then my FIL and his wife are in their 50’s, and then FIL’s father in law is also coming (FIL inception omg) and he’s in his... late 70’s? Early 80’s? He was stationed in Puerto Rico during a war - I cannot recall which - and has not returned since. So needless to say, he’s stoked to see the changes. Also, FIL’s wife’s daughter is coming too. She’s... late 20’s? Early 30’s? Here is the room break down:

1. JS Hump 14th floor: Megan + Josh

2. JS 14th floor: FIL (mine) + his wife

3. Central Park Balcony 14th floor: FIL’s FIL and late 20-something year old.

I think from here on out I’ll refer to my FIL’s wife as C, my FIL’s FIL as F^2, and C’s daughter as A.

I know that’s confusing. I’m sorry. I never was good at math.

Point being - we’ve got quite a few age groups here where I’d be happy to speak to their thoughts/ease of getting around/enjoyment of certain activities. Perspective is always something I like to read about. So if your 80- year old Nana is coming along for her first cruise and you want me to compare what F^2 is doing, let me know. I gotchyoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

Planning a cruise now for June on Allure for the Western itinerary. We will be a group of 15 to 20 of all ages. My mom is the oldest at 83. I want to know more about the balcony. Considering a Boardwalk Balcony for her so she can watch the action without leaving the cabin if she doesn't feel like it due to cancer.

I love it BBQ-HO. I'm from Eastern NC. We do whole hog vinegar based sauce with all the red pepper you can stand. It's different than the red sauce as some say an acquired taste. Once acquired, it's heaven and you pour on the sauce.

Don't get me wrong I love all BBQ. The best are the shacks that make one of a kind served in Styrofoam or paper plates. So tender you can eat with plastic fork.

Raising my hand, we are from Eastern NC too, about 30 minutes from Jacksonville. We have a local that cooks several hogs every Saturday and most of the time it is a sell out. People drive from all around just to eat there, even out of state.

Things to finish tonight before leaving tomorrow:

- Obsessively check that our passports and documents are inside of my purse

- Repeat "Obsessively check that our passports and documents are inside of my purse"

It doesn't do much good to check that your passports and cruise docs are in your purse when you get around 90 miles from your house and your wife says "Where is my purse?" Why, my dear, it is still sitting on the kitchen table where you left it. 180 more miles to go before I sleep.

We arrived to Ft. Myers around 12. Lunch was at “Mission BBQ”. I’d give it a 7.5/10. Pork was kinda dry, bread was kinda meh. BBQ sauce was on point, though, as was the service. And for $18 for 2 people, I’m definitely comfortable with the price range. Check it out if you’re ever in the area.

[ATTACH]427472[/ATTACH]

Oh no no...always get the 'moist' brisket at Mission BBQ...pork is not their thing!!!

Oh no no...always get the 'moist' brisket at Mission BBQ...pork is not their thing!!!

Now I know. [emoji31] Thank you for the heads up! I don’t think we have a Mission BBQ in the Tampa Bay area so I’m unsure how long before we’ll try it out again (or if we will), but I will keep this in mind!

So glad to see such focused, well written posts; you guys are my kids ages give or take a year. Do not care what generation you are you sound like "winners" with only a bright future ahead; Bon Voyage....

Ahhh, thank you so much! This made me smile! :)

Here I was worried about how I was going to get through the last week before we board Oasis. Andrew, Lisa, and Owen will be done on Allure, so you have shown up just in time! Besides, we have friends who will be cruising with you. We wish we could have changed to this sailing, but the dates just didn't work for us. Now, with your live review, we can do this Allure sailing as a virtual cruise, and still board Oasis the day you get off Allure for our real life cruise on Oasis! It's a win-win situation! :cool:

Super Megannnn to the rescue *deep superman voice*. So happy I can provide a gateway to hanging out with your friends! :) I hope you have an amazing time on Oasis next week! She was our first Oasis class.

It doesn't do much good to check that your passports and cruise docs are in your purse when you get around 90 miles from your house and your wife says "Where is my purse?" Why, my dear, it is still sitting on the kitchen table where you left it. 180 more miles to go before I sleep.

*facepalms* Ugh, that sounds terrible. I’m so sorry! [emoji31]

Raising my hand, we are from Eastern NC too, about 30 minutes from Jacksonville. We have a local that cooks several hogs every Saturday and most of the time it is a sell out. People drive from all around just to eat there, even out of state.

I’m not drooling, you’re drooling! That sounds amazing.

I will going through the same sadness in 3 weeks when we leave my Bella behind :( Be sure to bring her a present home!

It’s so hard! But she’s an only doggo in our home, and when she goes to her Grandma’s she has another doggo to run and play with, so I suspect she’s loving it. Bella names for the win!

Meg, the multi quotes are working perfectly. Don’t get me off the ship to fast. ;)

All thanks to my new found Canadian friend, eh? I’m super glad you showed me how to do them ‘cause I was sitting there typing usernames out thinking “damn, this is gonna get old quickly”. Haha.

And, uh - aren’t you doing a B2B?!! What is this “don’t get me off the shop too fast” malarkey? ;)

All thanks to my new found Canadian friend, eh? I’m super glad you showed me how to do them ‘cause I was sitting there typing usernames out thinking “damn, this is gonna get old quickly”. Haha.

And, uh - aren’t you doing a B2B?!! What is this “don’t get me off the shop too fast” malarkey? ;)

You never know.... could be a side to side. Oasis sails tomorrow from PC. ;)

We’re on the way to the Fort of all Forts. Finalllly! We got donuts from “Duck Donuts” (my autocorrect on my phone almost corrected to another word that rhymes with duck ;)) and I finished up some work. Should be at the Marriot around 2. As excited millennials say - “YAAAAAAASSSS”.

Overly-priced, not very good donuts:

565a50835c988d0a3d62f5c1ec118f7a.jpg

Friend’s smol pupper:

06fb023db1662f9b7f5020425b0f433a.jpg

Will update again once we’re in the Fort and my husband’s driving skills stop scaring me. :)

Mini Rant:

- If you’re going to be in the farthest left “fast lane,” you better be going fast. You’re an inconsiderate poophead if you’re in this lane and holding everyone else up.

- Florida drivers are ridiculously crazy. Ugh.

- If you have a bunch of trash in the back of your truck; well, you shouldn’t. We just witnessed a BED SHEET fly out of the back of a truck bed and hit the car behind it, sprawling across their windshield. It’s absolutely asinine to endanger someone else’s life because of your stupidity. Ugh.

- Rant Over -

Ladies and gents, I present to you... Springhill Marriot:

IMG_3574.thumb.JPG.470588986ac73ce0968e841b8171389c.JPG

IMG_3575.thumb.JPG.d8a9bb26305f616be2aafe95bcce8fa6.JPG

IMG_3576.thumb.JPG.44d808dcafaecfe19220548cdeaf1167.JPG

IMG_3579.thumb.JPG.c91ae07bb5aeafaf5ab814baf889e69d.JPG

IMG_3580.thumb.JPG.5e9d144d97139ac7668f7d672b898731.JPG

This is their “Suite”. I guess their suites don’t have the single king-bed set-up? *shrugs*

One thing I’ve learned about CC is that the app does not take well to vertical photos; it rejects them most of the time. So if some of the photos are odd, that’s why.

Our Platinum Marriot member gift?!! A bag of pretzels and a snack pack of oreos. We’re livin’ large over here, y’all.

Edited by Megtheblackbelt

Photos of Harmony sailing out taken from inside of our moving car on the way to dinner:

3446d465740e581fc91265e6a11f5619.jpg

IMG_3584.thumb.JPG.71fb757099fb557b952119f8d2d83b13.JPG

...and then we went to Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville where my shrimp dinner was amazeballs, but I still cannot believe that 5 pieces of shrimp and some fries cost $20.

IMG_3586.thumb.JPG.9a628298bfe207eb80214f4ca9af4201.JPG

...and THEN to the world famous Jaxson’s ice cream we go. Where we waited in line for 30 minutes to get ice cream that probably was on par with Dairy Queen’s.

ff92fb84cd880010b859db5d78e4f431.jpg

IMG_3595.thumb.JPG.4859528d3f3a64380de6d4d29d690230.JPG

IMG_3598.thumb.JPG.b5cc18865dfc3208fb483721754e7125.JPG

Now, and this is kind of random, but I don’t think I would stay at this particular Marriot again. It’s very...dingy. Excellent customer service from everyone working here, don’t get me wrong! But rust in my bath tub, a toilet that takes forever to flush, and just some general icky wear and tear. *shrugs* I’ll report back on the continental brekky (breakfast) tomorrow morning.

As for now - I is wiped. AND TOMORROW IS CROOZE DAY, WOOT!

P.S. - Ft. Lauderdale traffic sucks butt. Big time.

Have a great cruise.

Following along, sailing in December.

Thank you so much! :)

Following along. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thank you for following along, and for the well wishes!

We'll be sailing with you on Allure as 1st leg of a b2b. It's part of our "stay away from home" during the Florida peak hurricane season. Hope to see you aboard.

Oh how cool! B2B is on the “YOLO List”. We shall accomplish one day. We live in Florida, too! *high-five’s* Have a great first (and second!) leg! :)

Planning a cruise now for June on Allure for the Western itinerary. We will be a group of 15 to 20 of all ages. My mom is the oldest at 83. I want to know more about the balcony. Considering a Boardwalk Balcony for her so she can watch the action without leaving the cabin if she doesn't feel like it due to cancer.

When we cruised Oasis two years ago, my DH broke his collarbone two weeks before we cruised. He had surgery to repair said very badly broken collarbone nine days before we cruised. Needless to say, he was not up to doing very much, one of the things he really did enjoy was sitting out on our Boardwalk balcony watching the people and the various activities that go on there. The balcony is not that big, but there was plenty of room for him to be comfortable out there. We had a table and two chairs that we moved around based on which way he wanted to be looking. I'm sure your Mom will enjoy it on the balcony.

Super Megannnn to the rescue *deep superman voice*. So happy I can provide a gateway to hanging out with your friends! :) I hope you have an amazing time on Oasis next week! She was our first Oasis next week! She was our first Oasis class.

I love your *deep superman voice*! :D

So far, DH has managed to avoid breaking his collarbone prior to this Oasis sailing. I think there will be a lot more things he will enjoy doing this time around other than hanging out on our Boardwalk balcony and spending time with our friends, Michelle and Bill. They aren't sailing with us this time, so we will miss them. Instead, they are sailing with you. I wish this week would have worked for us because if it did, we would be boarding with you tomorrow. If you meet them, tell them I'm following your live review. Michelle is abcnme here on CC.

This time on Oasis we will be in a hump JS on deck 10. I know you are on a different ship and different deck, but the rooms and balconies should be pretty similar. I'm hoping you will post some pictures of your JS to get me even more excited than I already am about Oasis next week. As if I need to get any more excited......

Gooood moooorning, it is CROOZE DAY! Such excite!

Josh and I are both showered, have had breakfast, and are ready to go. The first shuttle that runs from Marriott to the port is at 9:45 A.M., and that’s the one we’re on. The shuttle is $10 per person, and that cost only covers the ride there (not back). Josh and I have “Expedited Arrival” on our mobile set sail passes, as well as the priority boarding that comes with the JS. I’m unsure which is faster, but I’m sure someone at the port will tell us. F^2 and A don’t have a suite, nor do they have “Expedited Arrival” on their ser sail passes so we’re crossing our fingers they’ll let them wait in line with us... but if they won’t, we’ll certainly get in the normal line.

I’m not really hungry - and I don’t think Josh is either - so I doubt we’ll go to eat as soon as we board. Avoid the crazy first day food congregating mass at all costs, we will! I’m going to pack a pair of chucks in my carry-on so that I can be first in line for the ship’s zip line. Catch me outside yo’ boardwalk balcony around 1.