Celebrity Equinox interest

Untracabl3

Hi,

I am looking to book with Celebrity's solstice class (Equinox) and am wondering which deck is recommended by most for staterooms (ie, unobstructed balcony views, lower amount of noise from surrounding decks etc.)

This ship is supposedly going into dry dock in 2019. Does anyone know what celebrity is going to be adding?

Thanks,

Captain said today she will be the first ship to be 'revolutionized' and they will pretty much strip the cabins down to the studs, bulkheads, or whatever. I would be they will be doing the infinity balconies, but I haven't read the threads. EM

Depends on how much you wish to spend, but I like the A1 cabins on the aft slant of the hump on deck 8 with the larger balconies.

8252, 8256, 8279 and 8283 are the best of the eight since they have the largest balconies.

8279 and 8283 have the bed close to the bathroom, while the other two have the bed close to the balcony.

They are all relatively quiet with other cabins above and below.

Depends on how much you wish to spend, but I like the A1 cabins on the aft slant of the hump on deck 8 with the larger balconies.

8252, 8256, 8279 and 8283 are the best of the eight since they have the largest balconies.

8279 and 8283 have the bed close to the bathroom, while the other two have the bed close to the balcony.

Hi @NantahalaCruiser,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately all those staterooms are taken. How about 8285 (right on the edge of the slant?

Is there anything in the middle that is preferable also or is the aft the closest to the action, which is why you usually pick those staterooms?

Hi @NantahalaCruiser,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately all those staterooms are taken. How about 8285 (right on the edge of the slant?

Is there anything in the middle that is preferable also or is the aft the closest to the action, which is why you usually pick those staterooms?

Try any of these. They all have the larger balconies:

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552,*1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8199, 8162, 8255, 8259, 8281, 8285, 8228, 8232, 8254, 8258

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

One of the bigger changes is a suite deck area. So if you feel like splurging and trying out the suite life this could be the cruise to do it!

Just booked Equinox ourselves for September next year. It will be our third cruise on her.

One of the bigger changes is a suite deck area. So if you feel like splurging and trying out the suite life this could be the cruise to do it!

Just booked Equinox ourselves for September next year. It will be our third cruise on her.

Which did you book? We're looking at September too, can't decide between the ABC's and the US virgin Itineary. Sept 13 or Sept 23rd

Which did you book? We're looking at September too, can't decide between the ABC's and the US virgin Itineary. Sept 13 or Sept 23rd

The second one (23rd)....The itinerary was perhaps slightly less appealing but it is 11 nights for the same price as 10. We have visited many of the islands on both itineraries before so this cruise for us will be more about enjoying the ship....

We are going to spend some time in Orlando pre cruise (one is never too old for Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter) and find the parks really quiet early September.

Both itineraries have their strengths, whichever you choose I hope you enjoy!

I'd opt for the ABC's at that time of year (prime hurricane season) since those islands are out of the hurricane belt and rarely get hit. Despite the shorter itinerary and cost factors you will more than likely not have the same weather worries as you might face with the VI itinerary. Aruba has some beautiful beaches, Curacao has it's own unique flavor and Bonaire has some amazing snorkeling and diving.

• 1 month later...

I was just on the Equinox to the ABC islands.  Although I have been to them before, I think this is a very good itinerary.  Although we did have a rainy day (most of the day) in Aruba and some rain in Curacao, Bonaire was beautiful.

These islands have wonderful beaches and pretty friendly citizens.  It is not common for these bigger ships to go to the ABCs,so  I would take that itinerary anytime. 

BTW, Captain Kate is a real charmer.  She looks about 12 years old, tiny woman who probably doesn't weigh more than 100 pounds.  She is everywhere on the ship ("Don't call it a boat").

Yes Equinox is going for a big Revolution Dry dock and should be more gorgeous than ever.  Pick this one!

On 9/5/2018 at 9:57 PM, chemmo said:

The second one (23rd)....The itinerary was perhaps slightly less appealing but it is 11 nights for the same price as 10. We have visited many of the islands on both itineraries before so this cruise for us will be more about enjoying the ship....

We are going to spend some time in Orlando pre cruise (one is never too old for Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter) and find the parks really quiet early September.

Both itineraries have their strengths, whichever you choose I hope you enjoy!

The Bride and I are booked on the Sept, 23rd sailing....that is our 30th anniversary....should be fun...good timing... 🙂

cabin 9192 I believe....

1 hour ago, Trainer said:

I was just on the Equinox to the ABC islands.  Although I have been to them before, I think this is a very good itinerary.  Although we did have a rainy day (most of the day) in Aruba and some rain in Curacao, Bonaire was beautiful.

These islands have wonderful beaches and pretty friendly citizens.  It is not common for these bigger ships to go to the ABCs,so  I would take that itinerary anytime. 

BTW, Captain Kate is a real charmer.  She looks about 12 years old, tiny woman who probably doesn't weigh more than 100 pounds.  She is everywhere on the ship ("Don't call it a boat").

Yes Equinox is going for a big Revolution Dry dock and should be more gorgeous than ever.  Pick this one!

We did. September 13th sailing.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:40 PM, NantahalaCruiser said:

Good to know.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Sailed on the Equinox twice and absolutely loved it.  A friend asked me a specific question and I couldn't remember.....Do they have live music by the pool during the day at all?  Someone told him that it is boring and they only play Frank Sinatra type music.  Can someone answer this for me so I can share.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

We like deck 8 & 10 on the hump,  and have booked deck 7 in October as it was the only one that had connecting rooms available.   It is on the hump and I am sure it will be fine.    We love being that close to the elevators!   Also, with rooms above and below you there is no noise.    Once in a while I could hear the faint ding of the elevators,  but did not bother me at all.

There was music at the pool a lot in September,  never Frank Sinatra type though.   

The ABC's are great!  Did them in Sept and booked the same itinerary for Oct 4th this year!  Can't wait!