Galveston cruiser wading in flood water to get to the ship

INCHARGE

Has anyone seen the passengers wading through thigh high water to get to the ship in Galveston today? Apparently a bus had to drop the 20+ passengers off because it could not get through the water. Everyone is carrying luggage on their heads, etc. I had a link of the live video shot by a local news reporter, but it was to my Facebook page, so I don’t think it will work here.

Edited by INCHARGE

They are walking many blocks to get to their cruise. You can see a Carnival ship way ahead, but they had a long way to get to that ship. About 3 blocks away, a family in a big truck picked up the lady, and another passenger put his 2 humongous suitcases on the back of the truck also. He was struggling trying to carry them.

Pictures I saw showed people walking in water just above their ankles.....about 10" deep. Nowhere near thigh high. Your video might show something different.

But come on people. The road is flooded. Yet you continue to driver down a flooded road to an area you know is going to be horribly congested and chaotic. Then they (cruisers) complain (in a social media post I read) that Carnival does not have a protocol. A protocol...to cover stupidity? Yeah your life if worth risking for silly cruise....drive on...drive on.

Pictures I saw showed people walking in water just above their ankles.....about 10" deep. Nowhere near thigh high. Your video might show something different.

Yes, I took a screenshot from the video that this reporter filmed live. You can see people in the middle of the street with water up to their thighs. If someone tells me how to post the picture, I will be happy to show it. There were high and low places the closer they got to the ship. The news people may have gotten there late, but the video was live earlier.

Yes, I took a screenshot from the video that this reporter filmed live. You can see people in the middle of the street with water up to their thighs. If someone tells me how to post the picture, I will be happy to show it. There were high and low places the closer they got to the ship. The news people may have gotten there late, but the video was live earlier.
This area is where I saw it get high. Screenshot_20180903-184558_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5d14def62a7757537a785589d2d206e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

More coming.
Yep, news flash! Galveston floods, especially Harborside drive. It'll drain quick enough if yall just wait til it receeds. Highly likely to flood again next weekend. Turn Around, Don't Drown!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yep, news flash! Galveston floods, especially Harborside drive. It'll drain quick enough if yall just wait til it receeds. Highly likely to flood again next weekend. Turn Around, Don't Drown!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

No way would I be wading through those flood waters. Just think if a manhole lid was displaced and you step through that hole. Dead dead dead dead....and dead. But hey, it WAS going to be a fun cruise.

Can someone post a link to the video/picture? We leave out of Galveston next Sunday and are hoping for nice weather!

Us too...I'm wondering how we would cope with similar circumstances.

But come on people. The road is flooded. Yet you continue to driver down a flooded road to an area you know is going to be horribly congested and chaotic. Then they (cruisers) complain (in a social media post I read) that Carnival does not have a protocol. A protocol...to cover stupidity? Yeah your life if worth risking for silly cruise....drive on...drive on.

OK, it's easy to be critical sitting home on your couch. We'll be flying in to Houston and immediately boarding a Carnival shuttle. If we're not made aware of the conditions and the shuttle ejects us several blocks from the pier onto flooded streets - what option would we have but to "wade for it"? Perhaps the "protocol" Carnival should have enacted is cancelling the incoming shuttles and advising all passengers (via the e-mail and cell phone system) that the ship would NOT be boarding. Horrifically disappointing, but safer at least. :(