AMEX offer is back - $150 off $750 this time

DSLibrarian

I still have 3 weeks before I have to pay in full, does this AMX offer work for that? I booked thru Costco but I will transfer it to Holland if I can get the credit, as it is 2 individual bills on one booking.

It is on Holland,

Kwar

Someone replied that you can.....is anyone sure about this as it specifically states: Offer valid only for reservations booked between 09/05/18 and 10/15/18 . Has anyone gotten the credit for reservations previously booked? I have a previously booked reservation......

We made two payments of $500 each for $100 back per payment with the Delta Skymiles. Today we made two payments of $750 each for $150 cash back per payment on our Blue Sky Amex. Both payments have been made before final payment. We got an email advising us of our cash back within minutes. I made the payments online

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still have 3 weeks before I have to pay in full, does this AMX offer work for that? I booked thru Costco but I will transfer it to Holland if I can get the credit, as it is 2 individual bills on one booking.

It is on Holland,

Kwar

Depending on how much onboard credit you got from the big box store, it may be a wash as you will lose that.

Does it show up on our card info on line? Should we call AMX if we can't find it, as I looked up cruise but didn't see anything about credits.

Kwar

If it doesn’t show up in your offers, they won’t put it on there. I called on the past offers. Once it was on my card, but not on my husband’s card. A while back, someone here was able to give a link to the Delta Skymiles promo. It wasn’t on my card, but I could follow the link and add it to my card. Don’t know how he could do the link. The post with a link here does not take you to the promo, just the Carnival website

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not showing for Delta Skymiles Amex.

There is no "Travel" category to click, as suggested above.

Can anyone post the "direct link" as posted above?

Any other advice?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Forums mobile app

I cannot vouch for every time, but what we have seen in the past is that the offer appears a little later on the branded credit cards. Keeping my fingers crossed that it happens soon.

It is on Holland,

Kwar

Just because you book through Costco should not prevent you from using an American Express card to pay for at least $750 of your cruise. Send an email to your Costco travel agent saying to charge $750 on American Express 1234XYZ now. As soon as that happens you should get the email from American Express saying that your $150 will be refunded to you. Your Costco OBC is not impacted by this (or shouldn’t be!).

Not showing for Delta Skymiles Amex.

There is no "Travel" category to click, as suggested above.

Can anyone post the "direct link" as posted above?

Any other advice?

I am not aware of a direct link but I have never had one of these cruise offers on any American Express card co-branded with an airline or hotel. I have only ever had it show up on American Express Platinum cards as well as American Express EveryDay cards. My SPG, Hilton and Delta American Express cards have never received this offer.

I am not aware of a direct link but I have never had one of these cruise offers on any American Express card co-branded with an airline or hotel. I have only ever had it show up on American Express Platinum cards as well as American Express EveryDay cards. My SPG, Hilton and Delta American Express cards have never received this offer.
Thanks. Some folks upthread were intimating they had received the offer on their Delta Amex cards. Others claimed to be able to access it via direct link..

I've looked for it in the past to no avail. I was hoping it would be differemt this time.

Kwar & LadyVol Costco only accepts Visa and Mastercard. You can use your targeted offer Amex card by purchasing OBC, shore excursions and the like directly from the HAL website.

Not all Amex card holders will get the targeted offer. Depends on your spending habits, card use, etc.

How do I purchase OBC directly from HALs website?

Kwar & LadyVol Costco only accepts Visa and Mastercard. You can use your targeted offer Amex card by purchasing OBC, shore excursions and the like directly from the HAL website.

Not all Amex card holders will get the targeted offer. Depends on your spending habits, card use, etc.

How do I purchase OBC directly from HALs website?
As long as you have a cruise booked, just log in to your account. You'll see things available for purchase, such as excursions, gifts and indulgences, etc. I'm pretty sure that it's under gifts.

Thank you. We do have a cruise booked. I am assuming everyone is buying OBC because the $750 must be in a single transaction?

As long as you have a cruise booked, just log in to your account. You'll see things available for purchase, such as excursions, gifts and indulgences, etc. I'm pretty sure that it's under gifts.
Edited by awhcruiser

Buying OBC through your booking isn’t going to trigger the offer because it will show up on your statement as an online web purchase. However it has been reported that if you buy it through your TA or PCC it will show up as a “Holland America Res” purchase and that will trigger the offer.