AMEX offer is back - $150 off $750 this time

DSLibrarian

So...is this offer just for new bookings only?

No. As long as you are making a payment on a new, or existing, booking, the offer will apply. The charge will appear as “Holland America Res” on your Amex, but you will receive an email almost immediately saying congratulations on using the offer (or language close to that).

Not showing on our Delta AMEX cards.

There was a 'back-door' to go pick up the offer, last time.

Wonder if anyone will find a back door for this one....

I hope so!

this offer doesn't show up for our credit cards this time, nor did it last time. however, last time, using the direct link to the offer worked. hoping someone can figure out the direct link for us again!

That's what I thought. Hopefully AMEX will explain it to my TA.
It should work like the restaurant offers. You spend $X, you get a credit of $Y. It happens automatically in the billing system. The restaurant, or in this case, your TA, doesn't need to do anything.

Still waiting to hear back from the TA. I may send her an email stating that it's a statement credit, not a promotion.

It should work like the restaurant offers. You spend $X, you get a credit of $Y. It happens automatically in the billing system. The restaurant, or in this case, your TA, doesn't need to do anything.

Still waiting to hear back from the TA. I may send her an email stating that it's a statement credit, not a promotion.

After you have added the offer to your card, just tell your TA to make a payment with your card, there's nothing else involved. Just make sure the payment is going to the cruise line, not the travel agency.

After you have added the offer to your card, just tell your TA to make a payment with your card, there's nothing else involved. Just make sure the payment is going to the cruise line, not the travel agency.
Exactly. The only reason I called the TA was to have him split our final payment across two cards with the offer so we could double dip.

Oh good. I was concerned that it was online so it would post to your Amex as an online purchase instead of a HA Res.
They match the merchant against the offers you added to your account. When there's a charge to an offer merchant and it matches or exceeds the amount required, the credit posts automatically. It usually posts pretty close to real time. You'll also get an email telling you that you used the offer.

They match the merchant against the offers you added to your account. When there's a charge to an offer merchant and it matches or exceeds the amount required, the credit posts automatically. It usually posts pretty close to real time. You'll also get an email telling you that you used the offer.

Sadly, not in mine and some others’ experience. When it posts as an online purchase the credit doesn’t kick in. When it posts as “Holland America Res” we receive the email and credit.

Edited by *Miss G*

Can we use this as payment towards our final payment? We would want to have the bulk of the balance paid with another rewards card.

Someone replied that you can.....is anyone sure about this as it specifically states: Offer valid only for reservations booked between 09/05/18 and 10/15/18 . Has anyone gotten the credit for reservations previously booked? I have a previously booked reservation......

Someone replied that you can.....is anyone sure about this as it specifically states: Offer valid only for reservations booked between 09/05/18 and 10/15/18 . Has anyone gotten the credit for reservations previously booked? I have a previously booked reservation......

Yes. I have. That is why I posted that you can.