AMEX offer is back - $150 off $750 this time

DSLibrarian

POA1 posts the opposite. So which one is correct? I booked the cruise through a TA not through HAL's website.

Buying OBC through your booking isn’t going to trigger the offer because it will show up on your statement as an online web purchase. However it has been reported that if you buy it through your TA or PCC it will show up as a “Holland America Res” purchase and that will trigger the offer.

POA1 posts the opposite. So which one is correct? I booked the cruise through a TA not through HAL's website.
I could be wrong. I have not tried it. I was trying to answer where you can find OBC purchases on the website.

Hi awh. It took me a while but I found a related post. (See link below.) In my experience, I purchased OBC and it showed up as Holland America Web purchase on my card so it didn’t trigger the offer. But it did go through when I called Ship Services to book a Retreat. That purchase showed up as Holland America Res on my card. The email came almost immediately. Click on link below for additional details:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56199025&postcount=154

How long does it take to have the offer posted to our account? We show the payment as $750.00 Holland America Res Seattle as of 7:00am this morning. We did load the offer onto our Blue account. However, the promo is not showing on our account. Our TA made the payment on Saturday and the charge showed pending until this morning.

Did you add the offer to your card first? You have to add it using the offers section under your card on the Amex site.

Added the offer on Friday via the Amex site. We had paid the deposit on August 25th, so this was just an additional payment. The offer clearly states that it is for new bookings so it might not have qualified.

Added the offer on Friday via the Amex site. We had paid the deposit on August 25th, so this was just an additional payment. The offer clearly states that it is for new bookings so it might not have qualified.

Paid it on a booking made in January

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How long does it take to have the offer posted to our account? We show the payment as $750.00 Holland America Res Seattle as of 7:00am this morning. We did load the offer onto our Blue account. However, the promo is not showing on our account. Our TA made the payment on Saturday and the charge showed pending until this morning.

We added the offer on Thursday, made a partial payment on Friday, $150 was on our statement Saturday.

Cheers, Denise

DETAILS

Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $750+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 10/15/2018. See wlcl.com/amex. Terms and exclusions apply.

YEAH! Thank you DSLibrarian. It worked. Our TA applied our deposit late Friday and the charge was pending all weekend. This morning, the charge went thru but we did not get the credit until later today. We rarely use our AX card as we have a Visa that we exclusively use for the travel awards. We never would have known about this offer without your post. Thank you!

Still not showing on Amex Blue Sky card. Hmm...

A buddy who has Amex Plat shows the 15,000 MR point bonus offer on $750+ spend.

So have we established if Platinums are getting the 15k MR point bonus, and other (lesser) Amex cards are getting the $150 off offer?

The $150 offer was on both my wife's and my Platinum cards. These are regular Amex Platinum cards. It was also on my Business Gold Card. However, once I added it to my Platinum card, it was no longer available to add to the business card. This isn't unusual. An offer often shows on multiple cards, but "disappears" once it's added to one of them.

Seems that way. I got the points with my Platinum card.

Still not showing on Amex Blue Sky card. Hmm...

A buddy who has Amex Plat shows the 15,000 MR point bonus offer on $750+ spend.

So have we established if Platinums are getting the 15k MR point bonus, and other (lesser) Amex cards are getting the $150 off offer?

Seems that way. I got the points with my Platinum card.

Same with us. My Platinum card has the MR points offer and DW's Optima card has the $150 offer (my Optima originally had the $150 offer as well but when I added the MR points offer to my Platinum card, the offer on my Optima card went away).

DETAILS

Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $750+ on cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, or Cunard by 10/15/2018. See wlcl.com/amex. Terms and exclusions apply.

Thanks for posting this! Would have missed out on this deal if I hadn't stumbled across your post. Found it in my AMEX offers, and then put the cruise on this card (instead of a different one I would have otherwise). Fingers crossed the statement credit comes through as it should, since I did purchase through a TA. (They claim it is billed directly through HAL... we'll see when it comes through.)

Thanks for posting this! Would have missed out on this deal if I hadn't stumbled across your post. Found it in my AMEX offers, and then put the cruise on this card (instead of a different one I would have otherwise). Fingers crossed the statement credit comes through as it should, since I did purchase through a TA. (They claim it is billed directly through HAL... we'll see when it comes through.)

If you have used the same TA in the past, you should have previously seen if the charge went straight to the cruise line or to the TA when you received your cc statements.

I just saw the $100 credit from the previous promotion in my September statement. That cruise sailed in February.

I had bought onboard credit via the HAL website and there was some question as to whether that was enough to qualify. It seem finally that it was.

We currently have the 15,000 points offer on our Gold Rewards card. We successfully used the previous offer on our 2 gold cards for a cruise this past August.

When I saw the offer last year, I booked directly thru HAL, and put $1k down ($500 each card) down, using Amex and promptly received the credit.

Then, I transferred the booking to the big box store and received the full OBC. If I could save the $200 I might be tempted to book another cruise!