NOT QUITE LIVE! — MS Zuiderdam — NYC to QC

*Miss G*

Here is the Murphy Dock. I don’t know if it’s really called that but that’s what I’m going with. It opens up from the side of the ship for the tenders. It’s pretty ingenious, really.

fdd92392cbc731bccd055ee3d973d466.jpg

They (there are four) are known as tender platforms. They are hydraulically lowered and then rigged (rope lines/stairs) by what HAL calls "Boatmen" officially known as Lifesaving Attendants. The sailor in your pic is one of them (LSA's are a step up from sailors OB)

Pretty, pretty pics, MIss G. (Is it ok if I skip the astericks?)

Trying to see how packed the touriset boat was. It looks really interesting.

Yes, please skip the asterisks. The only reason I put them there is because CC told me somebody already had the name Miss G. So I looked for the other Miss G’s posts and there are none. :confused:

I love that you pop in with your explanations and details Copper! Thank you! I love learning new things.

We will be in Bar Harbor in October on the Zuiderdam as she repositions to Fort Lauderdale.

Miss G

Do you recall the name of the restaurant where you had lunch in Bar Harbour. Beautiful view.

Cruisepucks, I believe it was called Wharfside. I will confirm with my husband and let you know if I’m wrong.

We saw whales! It was not long after we left Bar Harbor. The Captain had been mentioning them on his announcements. Sadly, I don’t have a picture of the whales so here is one of them bringing in the tender. Not the whales; the crew. Whales aren’t qualified to work on ships.

1adc9944baf373a4fc318ca1a5633b11.jpg

Last night we watched a charming Canadian movie called The Grand Seduction. It was quite funny and we really enjoyed it. Because the Master Chef event was in the Pinnacle Grill we opted to eat in our room. We ordered off the main dining room menu. The guy took my order then I asked if I was coming to the dining room. :o

Last night we watched a charming Canadian movie called The Grand Seduction. It was quite funny and we really enjoyed it. Because the Master Chef event was in the Pinnacle Grill we opted to eat in our room. We ordered off the main dining room menu. The guy took my order then I asked if I was coming to the dining room. :o

You had a Master Chef table/event?

That's good news and gives me hope for next year ;)

OMG on asking if you if you were coming to the dining room :). That's too funny.:')

Right now we are sitting off this island. I am guessing we are waiting for something. Either that or there is a pier on the port side of the ship.

f6a2792e6e3c28a84bc0739136537523.jpg

Yes, a pier for sure! :D

When we were in Halifax on the Zuiderdam last week, just before sail away, Captain Vaartjes announced that he could see a portajohn on that little island and said he had no idea why it was there. ;p

Wonderful photos, Miss G!

Thank you Walfam! And also, again, many thanks to everyone who has commented on them. I’m really happy you are enjoying them.

Yes, a pier for sure! :D

When we were in Halifax on the Zuiderdam last week, just before sail away, Captain Vaartjes announced that he could see a portajohn on that little island and said he had no idea why it was there. ;p

I saw it! So random. I saw people walking so maybe there is repair work going on.