Does Princess celebrate Halloween?

genmasjoy

We are cruising on Island Princess and our departure date is October 31, 2018. Does Princess normally celebrate Halloween? Do the passengers dress in costume?

Yes! There are displays in the atrium.

Decorations around the ship.

Theme parties.

Crew are also very involved with dressing up, especially in the DR's.

Passengers can get quite elaborate in their costumes.

We were on a cruise during Halloween and some costumes were very elaborate. Lots of fun. Decorations all over the atrium. If the 31st is your departure date I bet folks will be walking around in costume before the ship leaves.

On our 28 day cruise last October there was a large display of carved pumpkins in the atrium. Some pretty elaborate stuff. Lots of crew dressed up and a lot of the passengers did as well. There were some pretty great costumes. We don't dress up for Halloween but did enjoy checking out everybody's costumes. There was a special deal going at one point in Club Fusion but it was totally jam packed so we just "visited" briefly.

Our one time onboard 'on Halloween' was a little strange - we crossed the international date line, so officially didn't have an Oct. 31! There was still a party and some costumes, but I don't remember many passengers dressing up - maybe because it was a 28 day cruise and people felt they already had too much luggage to bother with costumes.

We are cruising on Island Princess and our departure date is October 31, 2018. Does Princess normally celebrate Halloween? Do the passengers dress in costume?

Yes they do.

I was on the Regal Princess last Halloween with my three under six grandchildren.

They all ran screaming when grandpa appeared.

38219237766_7fd7547376_b.jpgGrandpa on Halloween

We all had a great time

Howard

We have been on Princess cruises where people were dressed up and Princess gave prizes for the best costume, unique, etc. I made a little display of skeletons, webbing and spiders with battery operated lights for our mailbox and door. People in adjacent cabins smiled and said it was a good landmark for them to find their cabins. I bought everything at Big Lots, easy to pack and light weight. Others in cabins had decorations and baskets of candy for those walking by. Very festive and fun.

Don't know about the logistics of embarkation on Halloween because of muster drill etc., but indeed the practice has been promoted by CD's and ED's. Here with one of my favorites, and the pumpkin carvings that Michael referred to.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=3

If it is something that you are interested in, take something along with you so you can participate. Dave made the whole evening a hoot, and most of the bar staff was eagerly involved.

Jim

Don't know about the logistics of embarkation on Halloween because of muster drill etc., but indeed the practice has been promoted by CD's and ED's. Here with one of my favorites, and the pumpkin carvings that Michael referred to.

Not sure what you mean about embarkation? :confused:

Not sure what you mean about embarkation? :confused:

I am using it as a sort of shorthand for "Day of Embarkation". Certain things take place on the day of embarkation that would preclude other activities. Muster drill has to take place, sail-away parties and other activities might take the Cruise Director's and Entertainment Director' attention in another direction. If they were inclined to celebrate Halloween on any other day, He/She might be inclined to not give it as much attention.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

We have been on The Regal for Halloween twice. They go all out !! Lots of passengers decorate their cabin doors and The costumes at night are amazing. Some of the folks really go all out. Your waiters will more than likely be dressed in costume as well. It's a fun night. 👻🍊🎃

Been on two Princess Halloween cruises. Here's my wife and I on the Regal Princess last Oct 31, 2017. She went as the lamp shade from the Christmas Story movie and I was a cheese head from Wisconsin. It was a blast with many people dressed in some awesome costumes. We're looking forward to being on the Royal Princess next year for Halloween on a Mexican Riviera cruise.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

enhance