We have a dilemma here on Allure, advice please

Previously when we have eaten in CK on Symphony we have had the same server throughout the cruise more or less.

Here on Allure they have a system of rotating the servers every night , we have had the same table every night with a different server, some much better than others I have to add.

So here is the dilemma, we have prepaid our gratuities and would have given an envelope to the CK server on the last night. If we had known about the rotating system on the first night would probably have given a tip each evening but it was a couple of days before we realised.

What would you do?

Talked it over with hubby and he says will give the CK host an envelope and leave it at that.

Previously when we have eaten in CK on Symphony we have had the same server throughout the cruise more or less.

Here on Allure they have a system of rotating the servers every night , we have had the same table every night with a different server, some much better than others I have to add.

So here is the dilemma, we have prepaid our gratuities and would have given an envelope to the CK server on the last night. If we had known about the rotating system on the first night would probably have given a tip each evening but it was a couple of days before we realised.

What would you do?

Talked it over with hubby and he says will give the CK host an envelope and leave it at that.

Your normal tips will go to the CK that’s why they take your room number when you are seated to put the days tip in the CK pool. I normally put an additional tip on the table when I leave each night but that is my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So here is the dilemma, we have prepaid our gratuities and would have given an envelope to the CK server on the last night....................

Are you aware that your "Prepaid Tips" will go to your servers in the Coastal Kitchen, and NOT the Dining Room? They keep track of where you eat and your tips go there. ;)

The tips you've paid will go to those who have served you..no worries. There is no need to cash tip, as they keep track of your servers and the tips you've paid.

If this is the case, why do I see so many posts about people leaving tips in CK?

Your normal tips will go to the CK that’s why they take your room number when you are seated to put the days tip in the CK pool. I normally put an additional tip on the table when I leave each night but that is my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We paid up in full the daily service charge so that is good to hear. If we had known the system on Allure we would have left an additional tip each evening to the servers who deserved it. We actually had one ask us to mark them as a 10 on the survey and they were the worst one !

We are home now and did give a tip to the hosts.

We know for next time :D.

We often follow our favorite servers from table to table.

We are also chronic over tippers, but that works for us

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On Ovation we spent most of our 12 day cruise in CK for dinner and we also just had them seat us with the waiter of our choice. There are no bad tables...

On Ovation we spent most of our 12 day cruise in CK for dinner and we also just had them seat us with the waiter of our choice. There are no bad tables...
We end up giving an envelope to everyone. Some are just bigger than others, but they all work as a team. We're in there for lunch and breakfast as well.

We have same dilemma with Chops breakfast

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk