Non coffee drinker but want to bring my own tea bags

Barbara60

Not a problem... I bring rooibus tea with me and I have never had an issue getting water to steep it.

An additional tip: If you ask for hot water in the International Cafe, they will give you a complete set up for tea: a pot of hot water, a cup, a spoon, a pot of cream, and various sweeteners.

It is lovely to enjoy a cup of tea and people watch in the Atrium!

Nobody will bat an eyelash.

But if you want something other than plain ol' Lipton all you have to do is ask. And another trick if you have Traditional Dining at dinner: should you find an interesting flavor tea bag in the buffet, bring it to the MDR. Where for the rest of your cruise your waiter will have one at the ready for you.

Not a problem... I bring rooibus tea with me and I have never had an issue getting water to steep it.

An additional tip: If you ask for hot water in the International Cafe, they will give you a complete set up for tea: a pot of hot water, a cup, a spoon, a pot of cream, and various sweeteners.

It is lovely to enjoy a cup of tea and people watch in the Atrium!

Ooh that sounds perfect

Definitely bring them. My stepmom is a big tea drinker and she carries teabags in her purse everywhere.

I have not sailed Princess yet so I can't confirm for sure, but I would guess that in the buffet, there is probably a coffee and hot water station with tea bags. Bring your favorite tea and just fill up a cup in the buffet, no need to order pots of hot water every time unless you mean during dinner. Also, if you have the extra space in your suitcase, I'd suggest bringing a thermos. Then you can fix your tea up in the buffet and carry it around the ship with you and it will stay hot for a long time.

The buffet area has Lipton regular and decaf teas as well as a wide selection of Twinnings. These are available to you at no cost. There is hot water available there as well, but to get real boiling water you need to go to the IC. The Twinnings varieties included English Breakfast, Earl Gray, mint, camomile, orange spice, green, etc. There were a total of 9 varieties of Twinnings. These were also available in the restaurants.

The teas in the IC (you pay for these or have a coffee card) were "Mighty Leaf" brand available in 6 or 8 varieties. Since I had a coffee package, which I got specifically for tea as I don't drink coffee, I enjoyed trying these. These were some of the best teas I'd ever tasted. I've learned that I can order them on Amazon for about 50 cents per bag. I think the cost on the ship, without a coffee package, was $1.25.

But yes, you are welcome to bring your own bags.

In my experience, the tea in the MDR is fine. It is the ice tea, made from liquid concentrate, that is totally awful. I brew my own tea and pour extra strong tea over a cup of ice.

Edited by moki'smommy

Definitely bring them. My stepmom is a big tea drinker and she carries teabags in her purse everywhere.

I have not sailed Princess yet so I can't confirm for sure, but I would guess that in the buffet, there is probably a coffee and hot water station with tea bags. Bring your favorite tea and just fill up a cup in the buffet, no need to order pots of hot water every time unless you mean during dinner. Also, if you have the extra space in your suitcase, I'd suggest bringing a thermos. Then you can fix your tea up in the buffet and carry it around the ship with you and it will stay hot for a long time.

OP: if you bring a thermos or any other reusable cup/pot, remember to fill at the water station in one of the provided cups and then pour into your personal cup. Otherwise, you risk transferring germs from yours to the water spout or from the water spout to your personal cup.

There's usually a sign as a reminder and it is usually completely ignored.

• Thanks 1

OP: if you bring a thermos or any other reusable cup/pot, remember to fill at the water station in one of the provided cups and then pour into your personal cup. Otherwise, you risk transferring germs from yours to the water spout or from the water spout to your personal cup.

There's usually a sign as a reminder and it is usually completely ignored.

So if I use the water station I will pick up germs from others? I think I will skip it. Thanks though. Just gonna go back online and order another 36 bottles of water for us in addition to the 48 I already ordered. My goal is to be extra cautious on this long cruise about where I am eating/drinking and picking up germs.

• Like 1

So if I use the water station I will pick up germs from others? I think I will skip it. Thanks though. Just gonna go back online and order another 36 bottles of water for us in addition to the 48 I already ordered. My goal is to be extra cautious on this long cruise about where I am eating/drinking and picking up germs.

Very smart to be cautious.

Though the hot water you order from the MDR or IC will have a greater chance of “safe handling”.

There is no place to heat water on a cruise ship. Passenger heating elements are forbidden.... with the exception of some ships have installed tea kettles in the rooms.

My wife loves tea so instead of running back and forth to the HC all day, I order tea from room serves on the first day and then keep the pot and go to the HC for hot water a couple of times a day to get hot water, fresh cups and Twinnings English Breakfast tea bags and sugar for her to make tea in the cabin.

NO problem whatsoever. I just got off the Emerald yesterday morning, and my DD, who is a green tea drinker, brought her own along and it was a good thing, because the Horizon Court green tea bags that were avaiilable seemed to all have some sort of other flavors/herbs added, which she doesn't care for. So she was happy she had packed her own.

If you order tea at the IC, do they charge for it or is it free? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you read post number 12 above?

Tea from the IC has a charge of $1.25 per cup. They are happy to provide you with a pot of hot water or a cup of hot water at no charge--you can use your own bag or one from the buffet area.

If you use the water station, will you pick up germs? It is possible. That's why people are asked to use a clean cup/glass each time rather than placing a used glass up to the dispenser area. If they do this, no germs will be deposited on the dispenser, but some people choose to not follow the signs. The staff cleans the area quite frequently, but it is still possible that it was contaminated since the last cleaning.

Of course, if someone sneezes when you are in the elevator, walking down the hall, etc. you can pick up germs.

My wife loves tea so instead of running back and forth to the HC all day, I order tea from room serves on the first day and then keep the pot and go to the HC for hot water a couple of times a day to get hot water, fresh cups and Twinnings English Breakfast tea bags and sugar for her to make tea in the cabin.

What a great idea!