Upgrade to add 1 extra perk

Cruisingirl2012

Current Promo is 2 free perks for our Cruise to Hawaii in Sept 2019. It would increase my booking price by $420 total to add extra perk. We already have drink package but wondering if it`s worth to get the Internet package for 2? How is the internet connection on the Cruise? If anyone has any information, I would appreciate it.

Current Promo is 2 free perks for our Cruise to Hawaii in Sept 2019. It would increase my booking price by $420 total to add extra perk. We already have drink package but wondering if it`s worth to get the Internet package for 2? How is the internet connection on the Cruise? If anyone has any information, I would appreciate it.

Since you already have the cruise booked log in and go into your cruise planner. How much does it cost to add the internet? If it is more than $420 than it is worth it. If not purchase the internet separately and keep what you have already booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks like you have the Better Bundle.

Does the $420 for 2 get you the Best Bundle? If yes, it would also include the upgrade to the premium drink package.

If not, I do not think that it is worth $420 for the internet for two people. How long is the cruise? 15 days?

You really only need one unlimited internet package as long as you both do not need to be using the internet at the same time. The package can be used on as many devices as you want, but only one at a time.

I have found the internet to be good most of the time, but not always. Sometimes it depends on my location on the ship.

Something to think about - there is a very good chance that there will be a sale on the price of the internet packages (along with other stuff like upgrading a bev package, some shore excursions, etc) between now and next Sept. which could further discount the price of the wifi package. This may make buying the package 'outright' cheaper than paying $420 to upgrade for the 2 perks now.

We have a 12 day cruise in December. According to our cruise planner the price for a wifi package for 2 devices is and has been $404 (which it says a 10% discount.) I bought the 2 device wifi package during a sale in mid-July when it was an additional 20% off paying $323.

We also upgraded our bev packages during this sale. (Total cost to upgrade to prem bev was $159/pp, this included the 18% gratuity so ttl cost = $13.25 a day)

I don't know if all cruises get the same sale offers so no guarantee that you will have such an opportunity but my impression after doing some research is that when these sales come around they seem to be offered on most sailing.

Now - as someone already asked, do I 'want' wifi? Not really but I need it for work, I can be gone 2 weeks but can't be off the grid for 2 weeks so, yes I'll suck it up and answer work emails with an ocean view and a Piña Colada in hand...;):tropical-drink: It's also super nice when on the ship to have wifi for texting each other for meet-ups, etc. since Celebrity doesn't have a text app yet!

For us 1 internet package is plenty, DH checks his Email and downloads the newspaper and he is pretty much set for the day. I check email, send a few photos to family and on a sea day will check CC & IG.

For our 15 night Hawaii Cruise 1 unlimited package is $287, we also get a discount based on our Captains Club status.

On our Solstice cruise a couple of weeks ago, the Internet was really slow- like the old dial up. I heard many comments saying they are glad they did not pay for the Internet. There was a workshop on board and the leader frequently commented on how slow it was during his presentation. I would not pay for it.