Check In/Boarding Question (Regular Celebrity Cruiser New To Royal)

barney6895

I have been on the phone with RYC all day and very frustrated. I’m have been really use to the amazing customer service at Celebrity cruises and being able to have the same person answer all my questions. With Royal it is a new non-English speaking person you have to deal with lately. After getting the second person who can’t speak English at all....my questions still linger.

I’m use to the check in and boarding process with Celebrity and just showing up anytime to get in line and check in. Apparently Royal Caribbean does it by check in time (from what I saw when printing my passes online) or you can try anytime before that she said but could be a longer wait.

I’m a suite class guest and I heard they even offer a breakfast buffet in port for Suit guests checking in. Can anyone lend insight as I’m trying to arrange the limo to the port and don’t want to wait around for hours if I don’t have to. My current plan is to leave my house at 7am and take the 2 hour journey to the port and with traffic and delays getting out of the house I would assume end up to the port around 10am.

I like being some of the first to board so should I just get there around 9-10am like usual and hangout and relax in the suite guest lounge or really focus on that noon check in appointment on my printed pass?

Also, any other advice or pointers for a first time Royal Cruiser? Im on the Harmony of the Seas October 6 here in a few weeks.

I would love any Advice....please help!

Never pay attention to the time they give you. We were on Harmony in Dec. We are Diamond Plus and were in line to get on the ship by 10:30. Suite guests were before us.

Going on Harmony again in 2 weeks and we plan to be at the port by 10 or 10:15.

Sailed in a suite on Allure last week, and there was no breakfast in the suite boarding area. There was water bottles provided, but that’s it. Ignore the “check-in time” on your pass; no one actually pays attention to it. Boarding doesn’t normally start until 11 A.M., so that will give you a good idea of how long you’ll be waiting. You’ll have priority/suite check-in, so that should be a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed in a suite on Allure last week, and there was no breakfast in the suite boarding area. There was water bottles provided, but that’s it. Ignore the “check-in time” on your pass; no one actually pays attention to it. Boarding doesn’t normally start until 11 A.M., so that will give you a good idea of how long you’ll be waiting. You’ll have priority/suite check-in, so that should be a breeze.

They hope that SOME people will pay attention to it and spread out the people so that not everyone is trying to check in at the same time. It must be working or they would start making noises about enforcing the times.

But the small percentage of people who read CC aren't going to change the balance. Go ahead and arrive when you want.

I agree with Meg's advice. :)

They hope that SOME people will pay attention to it and spread out the people so that not everyone is trying to check in at the same time. It must be working or they would start making noises about enforcing the times.

But the small percentage of people who read CC aren't going to change the balance. Go ahead and arrive when you want.

I agree with Meg's advice. :)

When Merion_Mom approves of your advice: [emoji24]❤️

9am might be too early get there. Not sure what time they unlock pier doors when Oasis Class is in port. Do several cruises each yr out FLL on other Royal ship's at same pier and it's not open until 10:10-10:30.

Edited by ONECRUISER

9am might be too early get there. Not sure what time they unlock pier doors when Oasis Class is in port. Do several cruises each yr out FLL on other Royal ship's at same pier and it's not open until 10:10-10:30.

Doors open to check in at Port Everglades at 10:00 am. Boarding generally starts at 11:00 but sometimes 15-20 minutes earlier depending on how quickly they clear the previous cruise passengers.....

As a suite guest you will get priority boarding. After security and checking in there will be a seperate suite waiting area for boarding.

Some ships have a seperate suite entrance. General consensus is correct with the 10am arrival

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk