Want to disembark in last group, how do I request it?

babygoon

We are staying over in Vancouver after our cruise so in no hurry to get off the ship. Would like to do room service breakfast, then wait in the cabin (SS if that makes any difference) until other passengers in a hurry can leave prior to us. Do we need to ask permission from someone to do this?

We only have carry-on bags so we don’t need luggage tags.

Thanks🛳😊

A day or so before you disembark you will complete this information. It will be sent to your room, so it's not something you have to think about. Even though you will be signing up, you can just get off with the last group. You will see the cabin stewards trying to get in and clean your stateroom, so you'll likely have to go to a common area and wait.

You will get a form a couple of days into the cruise asking you what your plans are at the end of the cruise.

Since we have no choice but to stay overnight in a hotel, we just mark off "Independent" and then select a time we want to leave the ship -- there are choices there.

Your breakfast will be early -- service on the last day is usually between 6 and 8 AM. They need to get the kitchens cleaned down before the next passengers get on the ship.

We have never been asked to wait elsewhere, however, the room stewards will come in and change the sheets and perhaps clean up the bathroom.

igraf

Also, depending on where the room stewards doing turnaround work are, you might be asked to leave your room and go to a public area. You'll still have time for room service breakfast through.

Thanks everyone! Sound good to me. We disembark on the day of our 40th anniversary and didn’t want to rush off the ship at o'dark thirty. Room service breakfast at 8, depart 9:30, better than having to get up before sunrise and wait in a crowded lounge. Then we're off to enjoy our Vancouver stay.

Thanks everyone! Sound good to me. We disembark on the day of our 40th anniversary and didn’t want to rush off the ship at o'dark thirty. Room service breakfast at 8, depart 9:30, better than having to get up before sunrise and wait in a crowded lounge. Then we're off to enjoy our Vancouver stay.

The dining room will be open for breakfast too. We usually leave our carryons in the cabin and hangout in the dining room. It’s a nicer breakfast than room service. But as everyone said, they don’t monitor when people get off so it doesn’t matter what group you’re assigned to, just leave when they make the call for the last group. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

...You will see the cabin stewards trying to get in and clean your stateroom, so you'll likely have to go to a common area and wait.

I've not been on HAL, but I read some info elsewhere in this forum that said on HAL you're welcomed and even encouraged to stay in your stateroom until your disembarkation group is called. That info was from like 3 years ago. Has it changed since then?

I've not been on HAL, but I read some info elsewhere in this forum that said on HAL you're welcomed and even encouraged to stay in your stateroom until your disembarkation group is called. That info was from like 3 years ago. Has it changed since then?

I have a shaky memory but I thought I read somewhere that HAL's policy requested all guests to depart their cabin by 7:30 or 8am. If fact, there was quite a contentious thread on this topic some time ago.

I've not been on HAL, but I read some info elsewhere in this forums that said on HAL you're welcomed and even encouraged to stay in your stateroom until your disembarkation group is called. That info was from like 3 years ago. Has it changed since then?

Policy has not changed. That’s one of the advantages of HAL. You are allowed to stay in your cabin until your number is called to disembark. And we’ve never been bothered by the cabin steward if he sees us in there. He just moved onto another cabin until we leave. It’s more comfortable than waiting in a public lounge and the stairwells, hallways, and elevators stay clear. It worked great on our recent cruise on the Oosterdam.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums