Will I have time to go to St .Thomas if we dock in St. Johns?

Hello everyone,

We will be on the Freedom of the seas the week of Oct 6th. We will be docked in St. John -Antigua. We love Meagan's Bay in St Thomas and were hoping to spend some time there. My question is will we have time to do this and what is the best way to accomplish this. If you know someone that has we would appreciate any and all tips.

Thanks everyone,

Scott

Hello everyone,

We will be on the Freedom of the seas the week of Oct 6th. We will be docked in St. John -Antigua. We love Meagan's Bay in St Thomas and were hoping to spend some time there. My question is will we have time to do this and what is the best way to accomplish this. If you know someone that has we would appreciate any and all tips.

Thanks everyone,

Scott

St. John's in Antigua is not the same as the US Virgin Island near St. Thomas that is named St. John.

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone,

Scott

Think you may confusing the USVI of St. John with St. John, Antigua. Distance between Antigua and St. Thomas is probably 200 miles. There is no ferry that I'm aware. Probably flights, but not sure you would have time, and expensive for a beach day. Antigua's beaches are nice and plentiful. We've spent the day at a place called Beach Limerz. Can do a day with them that includes a lunch and a couple of drinks. No, it's definitely not Megan's Bay, but peaceful and won't be bothered by beach vendors.

Enjoy your cruise.

As others have stated it's St. Johns, Antigua.

The good news for you is that Antigua has 365 different beaches, one for every day of the year.

Trip advisor can give you an array of reviews.

Quite a few of these beaches are nicer than Meagan's Bay IMO.

While you’re on the topic of St John, the one you were originally thinking of, look into Trunk Bay. We’ve done Magens Bay on St Thomas and thought it was amazing (and it is), but then we took a water taxi from St Thomas to St John the next time we were in St Thomas because we wanted to try Trunk Bay. Glad we did. It’s easily the best beach we’ve ever been to in the Caribbean. Just google pictures of it. I think RCI offers a “St John on your own” excursion (I know Celebrity does) that provides the water taxi a a reasonable price and you have the confidence of the ship not leaving without you since you booked directly through RCI

Dan

We were very disappointed with Trunk. All the coral is pretty dead...Lindquist Beach at Smith Bay in St. Thomas is just lovely and pretty secluded. There were crowds of people at Trunk. It is stunning from above at the lookout point, but we would never go again. I could name at least half a dozen better beaches in the Caribbean...but of course this is JMHO.

AS for Antigua, lota peeps love Jolly Beach.

We were very disappointed with Trunk. All the coral is pretty dead...Lindquist Beach at Smith Bay in St. Thomas is just lovely and pretty secluded. There were crowds of people at Trunk. It is stunning from above at the lookout point, but we would never go again. I could name at least half a dozen better beaches in the Caribbean...but of course this is JMHO.

AS for Antigua, lota peeps love Jolly Beach.

Sounds like a completely different beach than we went to, but I’m not doubting your experience. We had almost no crowds when we first arrived but there were some by the time we left, mainly around the primary entrance to the beach.

When you get to the beach we walked most of the way to your left(when standing on the beach looking out to the water). There was a big rock formation that blocks you from going any further. Crystal clear water all sorts of amazing hues of turquoise blue. Shallow for a long distance into the water. The snorkeling from that spot was surprisingly good too. It was an amazing day at the beach.

Next time we’ll do Trunk Bay and also try some of the others mentioned here.

Dan