From what I can gather, the menu is:Bouillabaisse Soup

Shellfish, Tomato, Lemon, Herbs

Roasted Half Lobster

Butter, Lemon

Filet Mignon*

Broccoli, Potatoes, Bordelaise Sauce

Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae

Fudge Sauce, Whipped Cream

Can a person request substitutions, for example, if one is allergic to seafood / shellfish? If the only entrée is a Filet Mignon, would it not be better to go the Fine Cut Steakhouse venue instead? Thanks for any opinions.

From what I can gather, the menu is:Bouillabaisse Soup

Shellfish, Tomato, Lemon, Herbs

Roasted Half Lobster

Butter, Lemon

Filet Mignon*

Broccoli, Potatoes, Bordelaise Sauce

Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae

Fudge Sauce, Whipped Cream

Can a person request substitutions, for example, if one is allergic to seafood / shellfish? If the only entrée is a Filet Mignon, would it not be better to go the Fine Cut Steakhouse venue instead? Thanks for any opinions.

That is the menu that ‘matches’ the video....There is another alternative for each course you can choose. In addition if you speak to the M’D prior to your dining they will accommodate you. We spoke with a vegetarian on Reflection who had enjoyed several alternatives.

We found the food tasty and the experience great fun! No one can advise yet re Fine Cut, an unknown experience...

I watched the video on You Tube. Looks like a fancy gimmick to me. IMO not worth the $. Watch the video and see if you feel the same way.

Larry

Totally different seeing a you tube video to experiencing fun with family and friends.

Totally different seeing a you tube video to experiencing fun with family and friends.

I will confess to having seen dozens of videos posted online but don't feel the reality to be much better than watching the video . the food was ok . If I was paying $50 a head I certainly would not feel the show worth it or the food come to that . Perhaps $20 but only once and having done it once I don't feel I would want to see it again

Even $50 per person isn't that big of a deal. I spend loads more on dining. Video doesn't impress me but hopefully it's a fun atmosphere and it's certainly something different. We will enjoy it for the new experience that it is. Whether we would go back or not is a different question.

I trust some folks will find it enjoyable even at the $55 per person full price charge. I think that to charge more for a gimmick video accompanying a meal than for Murano is strange. DH and I enjoy a leisurely dining experience like the one offered by Murano more than dining at a given pace to keep up with a show. After the first time we'd never dine in LPC again. The novelty would definitely wear off after the first course was completed.

I will confess to having seen dozens of videos posted online but don't feel the reality to be much better than watching the video . the food was ok . If I was paying $50 a head I certainly would not feel the show worth it or the food come to that . Perhaps $20 but only once and having done it once I don't feel I would want to see it again

I totally agree. I am thinking that your cruise fare covers all meals. Paying $50 a head seems high. I think it is a good gimmick for $20. Not $50

I totally agree. I am thinking that your cruise fare covers all meals. Paying $50 a head seems high. I think it is a good gimmick for $20. Not $50

As another Cruiser just pointed out, this is $112.50 cheaper than doing Le Petit Chef in Nashville. So I'd consider the $50+ up charge pretty darn reasonable and getting your money's worth.

$50 for a unique dining experience like this is cheap. We spend $500+ per pedson at some restaurants! Even a nice night out at a neighborhood Italian restaurant will run $50/pp.

Now consider what resort dining cost. Just the filet mignon at a restaurant at Atlantis woukd run you $60. Add multiple other courses.....

So then you consider $50 as an up charge and it doesn't seem all that much for a special and unique dining experience with multiple courses.

I get that the video and silliness of it isn't for everyone. But it's unique and certainly $50 is not unreasonable as an up charge considering what it is for those who appreciate the experience.

As another Cruiser just pointed out, this is $112.50 cheaper than doing Le Petit Chef in Nashville. So I'd consider the $50+ up charge pretty darn reasonable and getting your money's worth.

$50 for a unique dining experience like this is cheap. We spend $500+ per pedson at some restaurants! Even a nice night out at a neighborhood Italian restaurant will run $50/pp.

Now consider what resort dining cost. Just the filet mignon at a restaurant at Atlantis woukd run you $60. Add multiple other courses.....

So then you consider $50 as an up charge and it doesn't seem all that much for a special and unique dining experience with multiple courses.

I get that the video and silliness of it isn't for everyone. But it's unique and certainly $50 is not unreasonable as an up charge considering what it is for those who appreciate the experience.

The key words here are "for those who appreciate the experience." The cost for LPC is $55 per person, which makes it the most expensive upcharge for any current X restaurant. Considering that you're mainly paying for a cutesy video and you are limited to one menu only that corresponds to that video the charm of it is completely lost on us. I wouldn't patronize the Nashville site even if we were in, or lived near enough to visit. To each their own. Some will love it, some will think it overpriced, some will be one and done. It just seems to me that X would better use the space for a restaurant that folks would want to visit again and again.

I am absolutely blown away by the cost of alternative restaurants on Celebrity. I was on NCL earlier this year, and had thought that $25 was ok, but $45-$79 (The Porch) .... please. I haven't been a huge fan of the MDR menus, but apart from 2 upsell options (Tuscan Grill and Lawn Club Grill) i have been eating there. Better than the cafeteria. But, disappointed for sure.

I am absolutely blown away by the cost of alternative restaurants on Celebrity. I was on NCL earlier this year, and had thought that $25 was ok, but $45-$79 (The Porch) .... please. I haven't been a huge fan of the MDR menus, but apart from 2 upsell options (Tuscan Grill and Lawn Club Grill) i have been eating there. Better than the cafeteria. But, disappointed for sure.

Yeah, but NCL specialty dining is just decent. It's very vanilla and not worthy of much of an up charge. NCL, overall kind of sucked. Their specialty restaurants are part of their free at sea shtick which means they aren't very special.

To each their own. $50 is pricey but to me, far from outrageous. Especially for a "resort." I don't find it pricey at all for LPC.

If you are "absolutely blown away by the cost" of $50 then I would hate to see what I you think about the price of decent dining on shore, lol. Like I said, we easily spend $300-$500 PER PERSON at "specialty" dining during our travels to different cities and even around home.

Le Petit ehef is awful everywhere.....Be it Dubai, Nashville or Vegas....or Copies that abound. You get as much animation playing a slot machine these days in Vegas or Macau.......And the food is FAR Better in both places. If you want a Gimmick.....this is it.....or if your bored....this is something to do. For us.....serious travelers....this is a farce. For those who enjoy this.....Then Enjoy....All good! Cheers!

Yeah, but NCL specialty dining is just decent. It's very vanilla and not worthy of much of an up charge. NCL, overall kind of sucked. Their specialty restaurants are part of their free at sea shtick which means they aren't very special.

To each their own. $50 is pricey but to me, far from outrageous. Especially for a "resort." I don't find it pricey at all for LPC.

If you are "absolutely blown away by the cost" of $50 then I would hate to see what I you think about the price of decent dining on shore, lol. Like I said, we easily spend $300-$500 PER PERSON at "specialty" dining during our travels to different cities and even around home.

I loved the steakhouse on NCL. It was my one and only NCL cruise, but for "mass market" (like Princess, Celebrity etc), I thought NCL's entertainment and food was superior to what I am having and seeing on this my 3rd Celebrity cruise.

I have cruised a fair amount....Carnival (ugh, but it was early 1980's and I was young and poor lol), Cunard, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, and as I said NCL the once. I have 75 nights on Regent (formerly Radisson Seven Seas in the good old days). I thought Celebrity was the top of its market class...but this cruise has proven me wrong. I stand by my earlier statement....the MDR is now mediocre, and it is crazy to only have a cafeteria as an alternative, without paying much more. I do see your point, and I could look at my cruise fare as being for hotel accommodation, and expect to pay separately for good food. But that is not psychologically to me what a cruise should be, it is not what celebrity WAS. It was really good in the past, they didn not nickel and dime you to dearh. They just didnt. I am struggling to wrap my head around it I guess.

I love to vacation! Land based travel and on cruises. I spent 11 nights travelling Italy (where I expected to pay for restaurants!) prior to boarding the Reflection. I have 16 nights in on The Solstice currently booked in February (Australia and NZ), meant to celebrate my January 31st retirement, and I am looking at cancelling it 😢. Just have to figure out how to work around the flights I have booked to and fro.

There is a Silverseas 11 night cruise that is LESS expensive, with no need to add on beverage packages and gratuity packages and dining packages and internet packages....sheesh. I have never sailed Silverseas before but imagine any of the EIGHT restaurants (all included) are quite good.

I loved the steakhouse on NCL. It was my one and only NCL cruise, but for "mass market" (like Princess, Celebrity etc), I thought NCL's entertainment and food was superior to what I am having and seeing on this my 3rd Celebrity cruise.

I have cruised a fair amount....Carnival (ugh, but it was early 1980's and I was young and poor lol), Cunard, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, and as I said NCL the once. I have 75 nights on Regent (formerly Radisson Seven Seas in the good old days). I thought Celebrity was the top of its market class...but this cruise has proven me wrong. I stand by my earlier statement....the MDR is now mediocre, and it is crazy to only have a cafeteria as an alternative, without paying much more. I do see your point, and I could look at my cruise fare as being for hotel accommodation, and expect to pay separately for good food. But that is not psychologically to me what a cruise should be, it is not what celebrity WAS. It was really good in the past, they didn not nickel and dime you to dearh. They just didnt. I am struggling to wrap my head around it I guess.

I love to vacation! Land based travel and on cruises. I spent 11 nights travelling Italy (where I expected to pay for restaurants!) prior to boarding the Reflection. I have 16 nights in on The Solstice currently booked in February (Australia and NZ), meant to celebrate my January 31st retirement, and I am looking at cancelling it 😢. Just have to figure out how to work around the flights I have booked to and fro.

There is a Silverseas 11 night cruise that is LESS expensive, with no need to add on beverage packages and gratuity packages and dining packages and internet packages....sheesh. I have never sailed Silverseas before but imagine any of the EIGHT restaurants (all included) are quite good.

I think Silverseas looks nice. It's not my cup of tea necessarily, but maybe perfect for you. Good to have options.

I wouldn't say I consider the ship a resort with lots of extra charges to be expected. I'm just saying that $50 extra for something that cost $150 on land is a pretty good deal. Of course, drinks included, too. So just that much cheaper.

I would find $50 pricey for an upcharge at the NCL restaurants. And I do think it's a pricey upcharge in general for a cruise ship. But it's not something I would dwell on. All the celebrity dining upcharges are about that price.

I was a bit disappointed I couldn't buy a specialty dining package on Celebrity. For example, on Royal Oasis you can get 7 nights specialty dining plus sea day lunches specialty dining for only $169 or so.

However, my Celebrity cruise is a heck of a lot cheaper than a royal cruise for the same dates. So even with the big upcharges it's still cheaper. And again, I just don't dwell on $50 as I'm accustomed to spending a lot on dining when traveling.

Le Petit ehef is awful everywhere.....Be it Dubai, Nashville or Vegas....or Copies that abound. You get as much animation playing a slot machine these days in Vegas or Macau.......And the food is FAR Better in both places. If you want a Gimmick.....this is it.....or if your bored....this is something to do. For us.....serious travelers....this is a farce. For those who enjoy this.....Then Enjoy....All good! Cheers!

Oh boy. Do tell me more about "serious travelers". I want to join the club...

When I read your response the first time, I started to reply, but then stopped myself. However, you posted again about how much you pay for specialty dining on vacation. $300-$500 per person (without drinks, I'm hoping, because a couple of bottles of expensive wine could easily drive up a bill to this level, and then it wouldn't be an apples-to-apples comparison) means you're eating at a five-star, possibly even Michelin starred restaurant. Le Petit Chef isn't one of these. It's a projection theater on your plate with a steak and lobster dinner. It's not a foodie restaurant. It's a gimmick. The menu isn't inspired; it's cliched. Now whether it's worth $55 at the top of the specialty range for Celebrity is certainly subjective, but as someone who also is happy to pay for fine dining in a restaurant with a celebrated chef and service team, I don't think the comparison is fair. It has no interest to me. I like an adventurous menu, and Le Petit Chef is not that.

When I read your response the first time, I started to reply, but then stopped myself. However, you posted again about how much you pay for specialty dining on vacation. $300-$500 per person (without drinks, I'm hoping, because a couple of bottles of expensive wine could easily drive up a bill to this level, and then it wouldn't be an apples-to-apples comparison) means you're eating at a five-star, possibly even Michelin starred restaurant. Le Petit Chef isn't one of these. It's a projection theater on your plate with a steak and lobster dinner. It's not a foodie restaurant. It's a gimmick. The menu isn't inspired; it's cliched. Now whether it's worth $55 at the top of the specialty range for Celebrity is certainly subjective, but as someone who also is happy to pay for fine dining in a restaurant with a celebrated chef and service team, I don't think the comparison is fair. It has no interest to me. I like an adventurous menu, and Le Petit Chef is not that.

misterkevin, I had to look and see if I wrote that! Couldn't agree more if I did.

The cost to dine at the Le Pitit Chef experience here in Nashville is $162.50 per person before any cocktails.

Someone's making a lot of lot of dosh.

You can get a lot better show for less money, and it's not as though the food is that special or different, and is obviously a much more limited menu than a normal restaurant. It similarly won't attract great chefs/cooks, because they have so little flexibility and variety. It's just mass production.

Even $50 per person isn't that big of a deal. I spend loads more on dining. Video doesn't impress me but hopefully it's a fun atmosphere and it's certainly something different. We will enjoy it for the new experience that it is. Whether we would go back or not is a different question.

We loved it . In there a few days ago . Magical . Food about the same as main dinning room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums