Yup, another flight time and disembarkation question for Harmony

cruzincanuck

We just booked a cruise on the Harmony...we are now at the last step which is booking our flights. :) We have 2 options once we disembark on Jan 20th: 11:25 or a 3:15 flight direct to Montreal.

We are a little risk aversive...so 3:15 would cover that fear however the 11:25 flight would be so much more fun considering we work Monday morning.

I am looking to find out what is the 1st timeslot after self-disembarkation from recent Harmony cruisers.

From everyone having disembark in Port Everglades, I know if all goes well, 11:25 is not an issue however I would love to know from those who experienced an issue, what was the earliest you made it to the airport?

All your advice and opinions will definitely help us make the best decision our comfort zone.

Grumpy people...please abstain from responding...lol. Life is a half full glass of wine after all :)

We were on Harmony of the Seas last December and headed back to Toronto. By the time we booked flights, the only option left was through Montreal so we did in fact take that 11:25 am flight. I believe we were off the ship at 7:45 am. Grabbed a cab and 15 minutes later we were lined up to check in. But, I always feel a bit rushed rushing off the ship having to mind my luggage beside me and staying clear or everyone. But yes, 11:25 am flight is feasible.

Don't know if this would help but... We had 2 nonstop choices from fll and mia area

Fll 9am which would get me at my door before noon or southwest which would get me home at @10pm

So I booked the 9am flight and ALSO booked the southwest BECAUSE southwest will refund my miles for a 'no show' flight.

So I feel safe trying to hustle and catch my 9am , with a backup

We just booked a cruise on the Harmony...we are now at the last step which is booking our flights. :) We have 2 options once we disembark on Jan 20th: 11:25 or a 3:15 flight direct to Montreal.

We are a little risk aversive...so 3:15 would cover that fear however the 11:25 flight would be so much more fun considering we work Monday morning.

(snip)

I am looking to find out what is the 1st timeslot after self-disembarkation from recent Harmony cruisers.:)

I don't think 11:25 will be a problem either way, but just curious ... why not just self-disembark? We did from our Harmony cruise this past spring, and it was the easiest and quickest we've ever gotten off a ship and to the airport. Unless you can't manage your bags (which is totally understandable), it's a slam dunk, really.

I am looking to find out what is the 1st timeslot after self-disembarkation from recent Harmony cruisers.

Grumpy people...please abstain from responding...lol. Life is a half full glass of wine after all :)

I would also like to know this piece if the equation - not speaking of self disembarking. Thx!

We were on an 11:15 flight from FLL to YYZ last March break. We self-disembarked and we were through security at the airport by about 7:15 - had a four hour wait! I think you will be fine! However do self-disembark as the lines get long at Immigration at the port. We have NEXUS so sailed through.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think 11:25 will be a problem either way, but just curious ... why not just self-disembark? We did from our Harmony cruise this past spring, and it was the easiest and quickest we've ever gotten off a ship and to the airport. Unless you can't manage your bags (which is totally understandable), it's a slam dunk, really.

We are so awkward with our luggage..lol Too many pieces for too little time on cruises.

Maybe this time we should take the time to better plan our suitcases :D

I would also like to know this piece if the equation - not speaking of self disembarking. Thx!

Just trying to avoid negative comments such as "'these questions have already been answered on other threads"..."did you search the boards 1st"

I have a high stress job...often peppered with negativity and escalations. I do not need more of it when I plan our vacation :D

Thank you all for your time and for your advice. 11:25 looks like our choice

Cheers

From everyone having disembark in Port Everglades, I know if all goes well, 11:25 is not an issue however I would love to know from those who experienced an issue, what was the earliest you made it to the airport?

All your advice and opinions will definitely help us make the best decision our comfort zone.

I strongly recommend getting Global Entry, or if there is a Canadian equivalent, that.

In all circumstances, it makes getting through FLL much much much much easier.

If you carry your own bags off you should be able to line up early and be off the ship by about 7:00-7:30.

For an 11:15 flight you need to be at FLL by 9:45, and earlier is better with the TSA chaos on busy cruise days. With the taxi ride form PE to FLL taking about 15 min I would say as long as you are off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration before 9:00 you should not have any issues.