Im Diamond from Emerald? How?

firefly333

well like i said i havent cruise rcl for a while. was supposed to a few years ago and my TA changed it to a Celebrity cruise as we parted ways.

And I stopped cruising for a while due to issues with this TA and done 2 Carnival cruises cause I wanted to go to Belize, but not RCL. RCL didnt get there out of Galveston, and I wanted to pick up some sleep meds, not that Carnival was my first choice.

So, i wouldnt be surprised if its been that long, 2011 huh? ok.

All I know is I was Emerald and had free wine at nights, now i see something about getting 3 free drinks, might not get the free wine? I liked the wine myself and sit up there and watch the ocean slide by.

Seems a lot changed, but no it cant have always been like this as some poster said. Im sure I was Emerald last RCL cruise.

Second reference to a bad TA. If not travel agent?, what.

Probably the OP's counterpoint to "frou frou drinks." I am sure that THAT term doesn't bother you.

And haven't you ever seen a pupu platter on the menu at an Asian restaurant?

2005_recipe_pupuplatter_xl.jpg?itok=SlhX1RSM

Pu pu platter yes:

Pu pu platter - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu_pu_platter

A pu pu platter, pu-pu platter is a tray of American Chinese or Hawaiian food, consisting of an assortment of small meat and seafood appetizers.

pupus platter?? No...not really. ;p:eek: Just sounds odd. And I don't do frou-frou drinks. I would have to be wearing a tu-tu to have a fru-fru. :D

And thanks for posting the picture of the Pu pu platter...looks yummy! OK..now I am hungry! :D

I didnt cruise any RCL cruises in between and was Emerald last time I looked. Did RCL change their loyalty program so you are Diamond with fewer cruises?

It says Im Diamond now with 109 days. Does that mean I get the free mixed drinks and hot pupus lounge now? Or did they change the perks too?

Im assuming that Diamond is now the old Emerald, as I see a Diamond Plus category at 175 nights, and suspect that to get into what used to be the diamond lounge you have to be diamond plus?

Nope.

You now have 109 points. I guess you must have received points that belong to someone else.

You took 3 RCI cruises in 2014 of at least 7 points each. What was your point level before the erroneous points showed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

what erroneous pts showing up. i said i have 109 pts. i never said they were a mistake. I said I would have had more if my 2 week cruise to hawaii was on RCL as I booked. my TA decided to switch me to Celebrity. ... i was hoping to make diamond at the time. It was messy ... he was in the UK, some tried to put him in jail. kinda turned me off to cruising

so i didnt cruise for 2 or 3 years and then my last 2 were on carnival ... to get to belize. I wanted to pick up sleep meds last fall and carnival went there, rcl did not out of galveston. dont want to carry them on a plane, needed a drive to port. it was not because i prefer carnival.

now it seems they have made a lot of changes to the names of the levels and perks. Im behind the times.

yes, im old, lol. my dad turned 100 sept 3rd, so you know im not a youngster. sorry if i am not up on things. .. I am trying to figure them out.

I have a friend who says she might take some cruises with me. we booked Vista for this Nov and i want her to see RCL to compare and see which she perfers.

not sure why people keep saying the 109 days is a mistake? Because i said my last rcl cruise i was emerald and now it says diamond?

Hey...I never made Emerald!! And never got the pin either. Drats!! :eek:;)

Getting any snow out there yet?

I think i did get the pin, Id give you mine if i knew where it was. dang it, i bought a house in Feb and now i cant find anything. but id gladly give you mine :)

no snow, wish it would cool off already here.

what erroneous pts showing up. i said i have 109 pts. i never said they were a mistake. I said I would have had more if my 2 week cruise to hawaii was on RCL as I booked. my TA decided to switch me to Celebrity. ... i was hoping to make diamond at the time. It was messy ... he was in the UK, some tried to put him in jail. kinda turned me off to cruising

so i didnt cruise for 2 or 3 years and then my last 2 were on carnival ... to get to belize. I wanted to pick up sleep meds last fall and carnival went there, rcl did not out of galveston. dont want to carry them on a plane, needed a drive to port. it was not because i prefer carnival.

now it seems they have made a lot of changes to the names of the levels and perks. Im behind the times.

yes, im old, lol. my dad turned 100 sept 3rd, so you know im not a youngster. sorry if i am not up on things. .. I am trying to figure them out.

I have a friend who says she might take some cruises with me. we booked Vista for this Nov and i want her to see RCL to compare and see which she perfers.

not sure why people keep saying the 109 days is a mistake? Because i said my last rcl cruise i was emerald and now it says diamond?

Emerald has never had free drinks. We were Emerald for one cruise around 2012. 109 points mean you ARE Diamond. The confusion for everyone is that you keep saying you are Emerald. If 109 points are correct, you're Diamond and have been since you hit 80 points. They haven't changed the names or number of points required since Emerald was added. Accept the fact you are Diamond and have been.

Emerald never had free wine at night. With 109 points, you are Diamond and likely were diamond on your last cruise unless you somehow got 30 points on your last cruise. As many have said, 80 points is Diamond and has been for a long time. Check the Crown and Anchor section of the cruise line's website for your benefits.

I am certainly not surprised the OP didn't know they were diamond. We got a lovely "Platinum" pin the last night of our cruise before last - 2 cruises after we turned Platinum (and our cards showed Platinum). We were one night away from Emerald at the time. We have since been on 2 more cruises. The first was one night shy of Emerald so I understand not getting acknowledged on that cruise, but the next cruise we were still labeled as Platinum. I guess it will be a hoot to see what level we are on the next cruise. Couldn't have anything to do with their wonderful computers could it??? The computer still shows me at Platinum with 2 cruises upcoming. Hmmm. One I have taken. The other, coming up in November, shows in count as an upcoming cruise but the reservation doesn't show on the screen.

You said it showed diamond and 109 points and the last cruise you were emerald. You never said the 109 points were correct.

That means if your points are correct your last cruise had to be a minimum of 30 points in order to not be diamond before you cruised. That is why I assumed that the 109 was not correct. Please accept my apology for making a wrong assumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey...I never made Emerald!! And never got the pin either. Drats!! :eek:;)

Getting any snow out there yet?

We're still having above normal heat. We haven't had any rain either. Hot and dry. You don't need no stinkin' emerald pin, you're a DS. :cool:;p

Edited by davekathy

I am certainly not surprised the OP didn't know they were diamond. We got a lovely "Platinum" pin the last night of our cruise before last - 2 cruises after we turned Platinum (and our cards showed Platinum). We were one night away from Emerald at the time. We have since been on 2 more cruises. The first was one night shy of Emerald so I understand not getting acknowledged on that cruise, but the next cruise we were still labeled as Platinum. I guess it will be a hoot to see what level we are on the next cruise. Couldn't have anything to do with their wonderful computers could it??? The computer still shows me at Platinum with 2 cruises upcoming. Hmmm. One I have taken. The other, coming up in November, shows in count as an upcoming cruise but the reservation doesn't show on the screen.

I'd call the Crown and Anchor desk and see if they can straighten up your tier level error. What does your "past cruises" show?

*Clever* term for the hot & cold hors d’oeuvres.

sorry I lived hawaii for 10 years. yes its a term that means the same thing, finger food.

thats why the cruise to hawaii was a big thing that was supposed to be on RCL. I was also going to spend time with my old bf from eons ago.

As far as I was diamond eons ago, seems RCL changed the names of levels since I cruised, its not that I changed. There wasnt a diamond plus, it was diamond my last RCL cruise.

Now I feel ancient, lol, thanks. But Im catching up on whats going on. I went to my 50th HS class reunion and drove from texas to Cleveland and one of my old best gfs in HS said she would cruise with me and try it out. She only cruised once, 25 years ago on Disney. the blind leading the blind.

Second reference to a bad TA. If not travel agent?, what.

scumbag, rip off artist, etc. He took money supposed to be a down payment on cruises and it was a pyramid scheme as it turned out. We tried to put him in jail, but I dont think we ever suceeded.

Yes he said he had a comany and was a travel agent, and I think a knight or something in England etc. poser.

Anyway, yes I stopped cruising for a while, Im back, looking at RCL.

My last cruises on RCL i did Oasis twice, and they were just building those other newer ships that have some solo cabins and stuff like that. They were just coming out.

Anyway, have Vista booked in Nov, and Carnival cruisers on cc seem to hate all the pay venues. My roll call posted a video called the truth about Vista, 50% of the food is pay venues lol. Im sure we will have a good time. My friend is super busy, so will have to find a good time to try RCL when she is free.

Give her a comparison so she can decided which she likes best. Having trouble doing a mock booking on RCL and gave up and booked Vista where i have a great pvp, but no great contact at RCL to figure things out.

Anyway, have Vista booked in Nov, and Carnival cruisers on cc seem to hate all the pay venues. My roll call posted a video called the truth about Vista, 50% of the food is pay venues lol. Im sure we will have a good time. My friend is super busy, so will have to find a good time to try RCL when she is free.

Give her a comparison so she can decided which she likes best. Having trouble doing a mock booking on RCL and gave up and booked Vista where i have a great pvp, but no great contact at RCL to figure things out.

I don’t mean to get off track here, but I spent 33 days on Vista in 2016 on last 2 Meds and TA. I thought they had a lot better free lunch venue choices than Royal. They both have pretty much equal pay venues for dinner.

I don’t mean to get off track here, but I spent 33 days on Vista in 2016 on last 2 Meds and TA. I thought they had a lot better free lunch venue choices than Royal. They both have pretty much equal pay venues for dinner.

thanks i doubt Ill starve. I dont do Italian, though i hear its good but like salad and not having to fix it, so Im always good on cruises.

As far as the TA well looking back I dont really think he was a TA, I think he got TAs to work with him and do the booking and all his site was was lies. I was supposed to do some of the newer rcl ships when they came out, and he had my deposits, but no sense beating myself up forever, time to get back out there and cruise.

I feel the worst for his gf who i heard gave him money for his business, thinking they were getting married and she bought the whole package too.

But thinking back no i dont think he actually was a TA, more lies, but in the past. Sometimes you just have to move on.

Everything was great, .... until it wasnt and you were expecting confirmations of cruises, and he kept making excuses. And yelling at me as if i was the problem for expecting the confirmation when he had always sent them before. all the sudden it was all excuses and things didnt happen, oh well. Luckily Im not broke.

And I doubt that Vista can possibly be that much worse than the oldest carnival ships, i think there are cheap people who dont like paying for anything, they want free.

See how my friend likes cruising first, if she loves it and i have a cruise buddy then it will be great not to have to pay double to cruise solo

But anyway, im trying to figure rcl out, it seems to have changed.

I think i did get the pin, Id give you mine if i knew where it was. dang it, i bought a house in Feb and now i cant find anything. but id gladly give you mine :)

no snow, wish it would cool off already here.

LOL...thanks anyway. ;) My old Diamond pin looked identical....just had a piece of clear glass in them middle of it versus the green glass in the middle for Emerald. :D

Emerald has never had free drinks. We were Emerald for one cruise around 2012. 109 points mean you ARE Diamond. The confusion for everyone is that you keep saying you are Emerald. If 109 points are correct, you're Diamond and have been since you hit 80 points. They haven't changed the names or number of points required since Emerald was added. Accept the fact you are Diamond and have been.

See my post #15. ;)