Interior or ocean view?

ARI421

If I am understanding your question, it appears that for a net of $75 more, for nine days, you can have a cabin with the window. Is that correct. If so, only you can determine if that is a good use of $75.

If you are asking for opinions, I would go for the change. Like others on this thread, we sail everything from suites all the way down to interiors. Of course if given the choice, I would prefer suite (who wouldn’t), but if it is a choice of sailing or not sailing I am perfectly fine with an occasional interior. With that said, for difference of what appears to be less than $8/ day I would take the window. We had a recent three night cruise, in an interior cabin on the enchantment. The room location was perfect and we enjoyed the cruise very much, but I always felt like there wasn’t enough, OK ANY, natural light coming into the cabin.

Let us know your ultimate choice and enjoy the cruise.

M

Tough question to answer, if saving a little $$ means you can cruise more often, don't really care about the small difference in OBC, my wife likes Balconies or OVs have fought to get her in an inside just we could spend more days at sea . I told her the only way we have shot at Pinnacle is with lots of Inside rooms :)

Personally I usually get inside rooms because I only go there to sleep. If I want to look outside I go on the pool deck. It is a bit small in those rooms but when you aren't spending much time there I don't find it that bad. However for the little price difference it may be nice for you to have an oceanview. Depends how much time you will be spending in your room I think.

We had an ocean view on Anthem and were on deck 8. So not always on deck 2 or 3.

Yes, most cruise ships have some OV cabins at the very front on their upper decks since it was not practical to have balconies there because of the strong winds when cruising. Princess put balcony cabins at the front of the Diamond and Sapphire ships but had to change these cabins to OV categories since no balcony access was allowed when cruising because of the above. These balconies typically have their doors locked by the cabin steward when these ships are at sea and doors are only unlocked thus have balcony accessible when in port.

Not the best cabin location being these high deck OV cabins are almost directly above the bow at the water line. We've had a couple and I wouldn't recommend them because of the very great cabin motion that can occur there.

Edited by robtulipe

Aloha Merion Mom, Why do you like Deck 4 on Radiance Class ships? We have booked an OV on the Radiance on Deck 4 and would like to hear your comments.

Thanks... :)

The deck 4 cabins are all mid-ship with the Theatre at the front and MDR aft. Also convenient to most inside public areas as these are mostly on that deck and the two above.

Aloha Merion Mom, Why do you like Deck 4 on Radiance Class ships? We have booked an OV on the Radiance on Deck 4 and would like to hear your comments.

Thanks... :)

The deck 4 cabins are all mid-ship with the Theatre at the front and MDR aft. Also convenient to most inside public areas as these are mostly on that deck and the two above.

Bob has said it well.

The advantages:

1. They are NOT on deck 2 or 3.

2. Many convenient things are in or just off the Centrum, which is on Deck 4.

3. The R Bar is on Deck 4. :D

4. Lattetudes is NOT on Deck 4. :D :D :D (those annoying people all lined up for their caffeine fix..…….. ;))

5. Close to everything except the Pool Deck, the Windjammer and the Viking Crown Lounge. But I never find the elevators on Radiance class or Vision class overcrowded.

A long time I did a few oceanview cabins and eventually decided they just weren't worth it. So now either do inside cabins or balcony cabins. We have done several 11 day cruise in inside cabins. We mostly use our room to change clothes, clean up, and sleep. I do like the balconies to read while having a glass of wine, but my wife gets no use of them due to her being afraid of heights. So I take into account cost differences.

I don't actually see where you state the cost of the difference between the two cabins. But only that it seems you would lose $75 OBC. I would stay with the interior, unless you were getting the upgrade for say less than $50. Especially with losing half your OBC.