Interior or ocean view?

ARI421

My husband and I love cruising and try and go twice a year! However, our budget doesn't always love vacations! We are booked on the granduer in an interior for 9 days nov 22 with $150 obc.. I can upgrade is to an ocean view with $75 obc.. I am torn! This is cruise 16 we have had a balcony once and Oceanview twice.. wondering if the window for 9 days would be nice or the obc nicer!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Forums mobile app

Personally, if I don’t have the money to at least get an oceanview cabin, then I consider the cruise to be out of my budget. Have only done inside cabins twice, both times on short cruises. I won’t do it again. Feels like I’m vacationing in a dark broom closet.

I will cruise without a balcony, but not without a window.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally, if I don’t have the money to at least get an oceanview cabin, then I consider the cruise to be out of my budget. Have only done inside cabins twice, both times on short cruises. I won’t do it again. Feels like I’m vacationing in a dark broom closet.

I will cruise without a balcony, but not without a window.

Me too. :)

Personally, I don't care for the ocean view rooms. If I'm not going to have a balcony, I don't need a window. I've found that the ocean view rooms are on the lower decks, and further away from everything. I'd rather enjoy the total darkness of an interior room (great for naps or sleeping late), and be closer to the fun.

If the budget allows the window is worth it.

We have cruised from insides to Jr Suites. We get the best we are willing to pay for and enjoy each type of cabin. Some cruises we’ve hardly used the balcony and have wondered if it was a waste but have never had an ocean view and thought we should have had an inside. We love the light and the view even at night.

Personally, I don't care for the ocean view rooms. If I'm not going to have a balcony, I don't need a window. I've found that the ocean view rooms are on the lower decks, and further away from everything. I'd rather enjoy the total darkness of an interior room (great for naps or sleeping late), and be closer to the fun.

Ocean views are usually on deck 2-3 while interiors can be as high as 14

I love Deck 4 on Vision and Radiance class ships. :)

A tough decision. Do you know the inside cabin location is it a guarantee? If the inside is a guarantee I say go for a window.

I also have my first inside coming up on a 12 day cruise. Definitely a little nervous to have my first inside experience on such a long cruise. Hope I don’t go crazy!

We usually book oceanview cabins but have had balconies on a few occasions. We will not cruise if we have to be in an inside cabin. We want to have the natural light in the room. And although the views aren't always the best, with a window you can see a little of what's happening outside.

I am team interior if an ocean view would require spending more or a drop in OBC. I like the dark cabin and to me a window to the outside does not justify the price difference. In my opinion take the money and buy yourselves a nice dinner or save it.

For us, anything 7 days or longer will be a balcony or more. I would do an interior on a shorter cruise, but being older, we love the quiet time to relaz on the balcony. As far as OBC verse view... we dont gamble or drink or spend extra cash on paid dinners when we get good ones included, so OBC is only for special non-alcoh drink or shopping, so we would opt for the view.

I appear to differ from most here, for me it is balcony or interior. I found very little benefit in the ocean view window and realized that I may have spent all of two minutes looking out it during my cruise.

I prefer some light. With that said, we are traveling for 14 nights in an inside(Celebrity) in 10 days, lol. Our cruise prior to this one in June(HAL) was in a full suite. It is all about the deal for us. I keep saying this will tell us whether we can do a long cruise in an inside. What hurts most about sailing with Celebrity in an inside is no drink package included. In November we are sailing in an obstructed OV(HAL) and in December(Celebrity) a balcony. Again, all about the deal. For this little $$ I would do it provided you are not going down in square footage of course.