Blue Book

newtoit

You never know. For our November 2017 cruise we got that Blue Book about 3 months in advance. So far in advance, in fact, that I misplaced it. Fortunately I found it in time. The main thing for us in the book is the luggage tags, but we know that if we don't have them, it's not a biggie.

For our May 2018 cruise, it came much closer to departure date.

For people who are doing other traveling before boarding the ship, it can be a problem ... Usually we just leave a few days in advance to give us touring time in the departure (or a neighboring) city, but I remember when we did our first Viking riverboat trip we spent two weeks earlier with a Danish friend. If we'd needed to receive documents prior to our arrival at the port, it could have been tricky.

Mura

Newtoit we are on your sailing.

From the roll call, Americans mostly got their books last week.

We got ours this week.

Not sure how long it'll take to get to Tasmania.

+1 to Chris86/Mura: there isn't much in it, aside from luggage tags.

3/4 of ours is just regurgitation of the ship-sponsored shore-ex (which we never do).

if you do not get the book you can get the luggage tags at the dock..the porters have blank ones

about 3 wks prior to the cruise Oceania will send an email

IMPORTANT FINAL CRUISE SUMMARY

print this off and take it with you

enjoy the cruise

We're also on your cruise & have not received the Blue Book yet, but did get an upgrade offer to Penhouse this AM (from A2 for $550 pp) that we declined.

Looking forward to meeting you in about a month.

$550 per person upgrade from an A2 to a PH for 26 day cruise sounds pretty good. We're on that cruise as well and wish O would have called us with that deal.

It is also sold as a 12 day option. Interesting they have empty rooms when all categories are wait listed. I found our 14 day on November 2 was half empty until it virtually filled overnight.

I would not put much into what you see online

Unless you have access to the Revenue dept you do not really know what is available what is really sold out

I think on GV's they may hold back or waitlist the cat to see how many will do the full GV vs the separate cruises

JMO as always

if you do not get the book you can get the luggage tags at the dock..the porters have blank ones

about 3 wks prior to the cruise Oceania will send an email

IMPORTANT FINAL CRUISE SUMMARY

print this off and take it with you

enjoy the cruise

Agree about this!

We never take our blue book with us. Too heavy. We do look through it, take our luggage tags, and printouts of our final cruise summary.

Never been asked for the blue book!

Frances

Thanks for the tips everyone ..... Hopefully meet some of you onboard.

(Colour mine.)

Newtoit, I have seen many of your posts related to your upcoming sailing, November 1, 2018, Venice to Barcelona. I have a 'wonderment' though. If you indeed want to meet some of us on board, not sure why you've not come on to the roll call since your "autopost" back in June (that's the CC auto-thing that says, 'I am on this sailing and look forward to meeting everyone.' Or something like that. :rolleyes: )

I welcome you to come on over and introduce yourselves. We are having two meet and greets on that sailing and that's the only way you can be sure to meet your fellow Cruise Critters. Otherwise, it'll be luck of the draw. :confused:

A tip: Don't use the "Find your roll call" feature. It doesn't work well and won't take you to the actual roll call where you can POST. Instead, go to the Boards page, scroll down to Roll Calls, then Oceania, then Riviera.

We're there and waiting for you. ;) But to make it a sure thing, here's the link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2460163

~ Linda